Gen 6 Latios

Approved by Sweep

Type: Dragon/Psychic
Base Stats: 80 HP / 90 Atk / 80 Def / 130 SpA / 110 SpD / 110 Spe
Ability: Levitate
Soul Dew: If the Soul Dew is attached to Latios or Latias, the holder's Special Attack and Special Defence is increased by 50%.

Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Defog
Memento
Grass Knot
Roost
Recover
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Breath
Calm Mind
Roar
Light Screen
Reflect
Thunder/Thunderbolt
Substitute
Toxic
Thunder Wave

Overview: After being unviable for almost half a generation, Latios finally has Soul Dew back in its possession after the release of the Eon Ticket, and is now ready to throw its weight around once again. Having its Special Attack and Special Defense essentially get a Calm Mind boost, Latios regained its former niche of being a Kyogre check, akin to its sister Pokemon, Latias. However, Latios differs from the latter by having access to Memento instead of Healing Wish, in addition to having a base 130 Special Attack, giving it a stronger offensive presence. The Lati twins also have a new dynamic to them with Defog's mechanics in Gen VI, allowing support sets to have more utility with hazard removal. Underestimate these twin terrors at your own peril!

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock

Latios @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Memento
- Hidden Power Fire

Latios @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Roost / Memento
- Draco Meteor

~Happy discussion!~​

Last edited:
Ya Defog is good on this, since offense has mons (Ray / Ho-Oh) that appreciate how easily Latios can remove hazards. Latios is also difficult to Taunt thanks to its Speed, although Darkrai (obviously) and Mewtwo can either kill or at least Taunt it. Defog is also nice vs Scolipede HO since Offense will rarely carry Poison-types to absorb Toxic Spikes.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
OMG DEW IS BACK oO (Damn Gamefreak this would have been more helpful in XY .-.)

But in all seriosness Soul Dew Lati@s is farewell to Sticky Web.

Last edited:
Heads up. Latios's attack and defense stats are swapped.

Edit: That's better. :]

Last edited:
I think i can hear the Mega Lati@s crying in the corner.
The Mega Latis weren't that good anyway considering that in specific cases, their original formes outclassed them. However HO just got a really good set of hazard removers and balance+stall (THEY EXIST GAIS) just got their premier Ogre check back.

anyways I've been playing around w/ Latios and I find that it's pretty fucking good lol. I prefer the CM / Draco / Psyshock / Roost set, because Latios just forces so many switches (like it did in gen 5 yay) and CM reinforces its wall breaking potential (which you should be doing, as that's pretty much the only reason you should be going Latios > Latias IMO). Draco is an absolute beast and the "fuck all" button and just destroys almost everything that doesn't resist it. Psyshock is a reliable STAB that can be used if you don't like drops and is your way of dealing damage to Xerneas (+1 manages a OHKO after SR and Spikes IIRC)

Personally, I like Latios a lot more than Latias simply because of the more immediate damage it offers. I feel like Latios would be more beneficial to HO, as it's able to break through many other dedicated walls that other teammates may struggle with and creates way more offensive pressure than its sister does.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
You need to add Calm Mind + Draco Meteor Latios

Latios @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire / Grass Knot / Substitute
- Calm Mind

Anyone who has played BW can tell you how powerful Calm Mind Draco Meteor Latios was

+1 252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 520-613 (128.7 - 151.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Psyshock vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 297-349 (70.8 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I would personally put HP Fire in the last slot as Ferrothorn, Scizor and Genesect are more problematic than Kyogre, which you can just snap in half with Psyshock or Draco Meteor. To be fair, Scarf Genesect is not great this generation (it dominated in BW2) but HP Fire is still the best option. You may even want to use Substitute as +1 Draco Meteor will smash Steel-types anyway, and Substitute lets you avoid being revenge killed, especially by Yveltal's Sucker Punch. It also lets you set up on slow support Arceus that try to burn you etc.

+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Primal Kyogre: 318-375 (78.9 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Kyogre: 246-289 (61 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

248+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD Soul Dew Latios: 188-224 (62.2 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
76 Atk Xerneas Megahorn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 280-330 (92.7 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Scarf variants can still go for Megahorn and OHKO after Stealth Rock however

You need to add Calm Mind + Draco Meteor Latios

Latios @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire / Grass Knot / Substitute
- Calm Mind

Anyone who has played BW can tell you how powerful Calm Mind Draco Meteor Latios was

+1 252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Groudon: 520-613 (128.7 - 151.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Soul Dew Latios Psyshock vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 297-349 (70.8 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I would personally put HP Fire in the last slot as Ferrothorn, Scizor and Genesect are more problematic than Kyogre, which you can just snap in half with Psyshock or Draco Meteor. To be fair, Scarf Genesect is not great this generation (it dominated in BW2) but HP Fire is still the best option. You may even want to use Substitute as +1 Draco Meteor will smash Steel-types anyway, and Substitute lets you avoid being revenge killed, especially by Yveltal's Sucker Punch. It also lets you set up on slow support Arceus that try to burn you etc.

+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Primal Kyogre: 318-375 (78.9 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Kyogre: 246-289 (61 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

248+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. +1 4 HP / 0 SpD Soul Dew Latios: 188-224 (62.2 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
76 Atk Xerneas Megahorn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latios: 280-330 (92.7 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Scarf variants can still go for Megahorn and OHKO after Stealth Rock however
Edited to support justin's and your view on CM.

CM+Draco+Psy+Roost is only viable CM set, arguments can be made for thunder or pulse somewhere but I don't like either.

All out needs memento free in 4th slot, honestly the only reason I'd use this over CM+draco as it stands.

Psyshock is 100 % needed on all sets, idk what the GK hype is but stop it.

Last edited:
CM+Draco+Psy+Roost is only viable CM set, arguments can be made for thunder or pulse somewhere but I like either.

All out needs memento free in 4th slot, honestly the only reason I'd use this over CM+draco as it stands.

Psyshock is 100 % needed on all sets, idk what the GK hype is but stop it.
Fixed.

Edit: Fixed again with Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)