Leafeon

This is my first thread and i am new to competitive battling so i might have made some mistakes

Grass

65/110/130/60/65/95

Abilities
Leaf Guard
Chlorophyll(dream world)

Level Up Moves
Tail Whip
Tackle
Helping Hand
Sand Attack
Razor Leaf
Quick Attack
Synthesis
Magical Leaf
Giga Drain
Last Resort
Grass Whistle
Sunny Day
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance

TM/HM
TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM22 Solarbeam
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Sing a Round
TM49 Echo Voice
TM53 Energy Ball
TM67 Vengeance
TM68 Giga Impact
TM70 Flash
TM75 Swords Dance
TM81 X-scissor
TM83 Cheer Up
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Rock Smash
HM04 Strength

Egg Moves
Charm
Flail
Endure
Curse
Tickle
Wish
Yawn
Fake Tears
Covet
Detect
Natural Gift
Assist Power
Synchronise

Potential Set
132 HP / 160 Atk / 216 Sp Def
Leafeon@Leftovers
Adamant/Jolly
Chlorophyll
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
Synthesis

This is sort of a baton passer + 2 attacks set. This should be used in the sunlight so Ninetales is recommended as a teammate. Switch Leafeon into something it resists and swords dance on the switch. Then you can attack with leaf blade or baton pass to a suitable Pokemon. Leafeon'a +2 leaf blade will put huge dent in anything that doesn't resist it and it will also be able to revenge kill many things due to the chlorophyll boost. Synthesis also heals 3/4 hp in the sun.

If you have any sets and suggestions ill edit them in

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You've put no EVs on that set, and Grass/Normal is walled by Steels, especially Natorrei (spiked ball thing) and Forretress. When your only STAB is Grass, you need a better move. Since Leafeon learns nothing outside of Rock Smash and Dig to do neutral or better on Steel, replace it with something more useful, like Quick Attack, Grasswhistle or Synthesis.

But a decent attempt for a first try nonetheless.

Leafeon gaining Chlorophyll makes it's baton passing easier. The BP'ing set can now focus primarily on it's defensives. 425 speed in the sun (with no investment) is more than enough for baton passing duties.

Chlorophyll really helps out Leafeon! He should be an amazing addition to sunny teams. Besides Chlorophyll he doesn't get much new things to play around with

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
He got a massive boost this gen. SD Leafeon is monstrous under the sun.

Edit: Good thing I packed a Magnezone / dealt with those steels with HP Fire Exeggutor.

Leafeon is one of my favorite Pokemon, but it has always had one problem: It's walled by fire types and steels....

I actually tried running Dig once, because a good ground move could help cover them both. While he has Return for Fire types, if it doesn't OHKO, then Leafeon's in a world of pain...I always had the trouble of either getting hit by a special fire attack, or Flare Blitz....That might not be as bad in this gen do to no move tutors yet and I'm sure numerous fire types will carry Nitro Charge as a fire attack to raise their speed, but....

Leafeon is one of my favorite Pokemon, but it has always had one problem: It's walled by fire types and steels....

I actually tried running Dig once, because a good ground move could help cover them both. While he has Return for Fire types, if it doesn't OHKO, then Leafeon's in a world of pain...I always had the trouble of either getting hit by a special fire attack, or Flare Blitz....That might not be as bad in this gen do to no move tutors yet and I'm sure numerous fire types will carry Nitro Charge as a fire attack to raise their speed, but....
Personally, I've always held the opinion that the BP'er was the overall best set for Leafeon. Under sun, it'll be a rarity for Leafeon to be outsped by any Fire type or Steel. Also, utilizing Roar on the BP'ing set is not a bad opinion at all, it prevents many phazers from ruining Leafeon's boosts.

Dig...hmm, it isn't a bad move since Leafeon is resistant to EQ and has a very high base defense to boot.

As a Leafeon user in lower tiers, I've always found Leaf Blade + Return/X-Scissor as attacking options work well. Sure, you are walled by steels but Leafeon isn't meant to be the 6-0 sweep pokemon.

Leafeon is best used to Swords Dance, see what comes to wall you and then Baton Pass to a suitable response. With it's defences (and new ability) Leafeon should almost always be able to pass the SD to a counter of it's counter.

Assuming your counter does it's job, Leafeon is then a good sweep late game.

So basically, this Generation it got a new ability and you can ignore the new moves. The new ability alone isn't game changing and won't get Leafeon out of mid-/low-tiers (UU, NU, etc), but even with the impending shift in OU Leafeon has real potential to be a force of UU.

Oh...and I think Dig is a poor option. Unless you're using +4/6 Dig on a Mean-Looked/Late-Game Pure Steel (typically with good enough defences to warrant +4/6 anyway), it will basically be a free turn.

His SPATK may be 60BP, but wouldn't it be stronger under the sun? so throwing that in would do SOME damage to those steels no?
I have NOOOO idea how it'll overcome Fire type. ):

It might help to fully explain what differences he has between this generation and last generation. Although... it looks like it's pretty much just chlorophyll, which it can't really use to sweep because of the crappy movepool. :0 I'm willing to bet it'll pretty much be used in the same ways as last generation....

Leafeon has always had a problem with steels, but chlorolophyll really a big boost this gen, and at least leaf blade hits nuetral on pokemon like steelix and aggron. But Shandera completly walls you if you don't carry dig, and the sun only boosts it's STAB fire attack =/ But at least it can still hit pokemon like ryperior hard with +2 STAB Leaf Blade.

I think a more offensive set could work for the Baton Passer. Swords Dance/Baton Pass/Leaf Blade/Return or X-Scissor with 172 HP/252 Atk/84 Spe with Adamant seems like it could work pretty well. Set up Swords Dance and attempt to sweep Leaf Blade an your coverage move. If something comes in that walls Leafeon, Baton Pass the boosts to something that can take it on. Once your opponent's Steel types are out of the way, Leafeon can come back in and sweep late game.

The EVs give maximum Atk and enough Speed to outrun positive Natured Base 100 Pokemon with a Choice Scarf.

Edit: bittman said pretty much everything I did.

I think we're monstrous 110 base Attack stat, plus the 95 base Speed which is doubled under the Sunlight meaning there is no real need for maxed out Speed; but it's not completely useless. Meaning it can act like a Floatzel but a Grass-type variant? But unlike Floatzel Leafeon has Swords Dance and Synthesis.

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Return
Synthesis / Substitute

Pair this up with a Dugtrio and you have yourself a fantastic combo.

I hope the fact that there are so many common and dare I say, better users of Chlorophyll and Leafeon being Walled to death by Steel-type forces it back to NU. I miss my LeafFlare Wish passers ):

Since you're running either Synthesis or Substitute on that set, why not just run Leftovers instead of Life Orb? With Leftovers, Synthesis, and Leafeon's high Def, your opponent could have a hard time taking Leafeon out with their Steel types which would allow you to get more boosts off.

I used to run a Leafeon that'd be awesome on a Sun Team with the new additions:

Leafeon@Leftovers
100 HP/152 Atk/252 Spe

-Leaf Blade
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Wish

If Nattorei wants to wall it, fine, just pass the SD boosts to a fire sweeper (Hiruhidama or however its spelled is a pretty good one) or a strong fighter, then use wish to make sure they get in unimpeded by Nattorei's hazards.

Dammit Game Freak, where's Nature Power?

Niche as a Clorophyll SD passer/Grass SD passer, but there are better passers out there in general, like Blaziken and Gliscor and Gligar(?).

Chlorophyll is pretty awesome, especially when he has just below par speed and a nice defense and attack stat. Fire does completely wall him, however X-Scissor is neutral on Bronzong, Metagross, and Nattorei, giving him a little bit of reign over some of the more common steels. Plus, if you're running Chlorophyll then you are definitely on a Sunny Day team and so you should have plenty of fire abusers to wreck those nasty steel types. Leafeon's job on a sun team should be to handle bulky waters and baton pass.

Wow, I almost expected it to stop at Grass. Still, Leafeon is pretty cool, but lacks on the type coverage, thus making a Chlorophyll sweeper set suck. Stick to Baton Passing, as bulky SD passers are hard to come by.

I have something to add! (but Lee deleted it anyway.)

Thanks to the upcoming Anticipation Eevee, Chlorophyll will soon be compatible with Baton Pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)