Lego House

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Introduction:

Hello guys, as most of you know me and then also know ive been away for a bit, therefore I decided to make a "comeback team". As everyone knows there have been a tier shift recently making this tier very offensive which I do like, as it is both challenging and fun. You guys might wonder why i'm using the title "Lego House" well it doesn't have anything to do with the team it's just that I like the song Lego House by Ed Sheeran :3 Well enough bs talk, lets talk about the team before we get to the details. Well it's an offensive team, but it's more a standard offensive team not to offensive or to bulky just the old school standard offense, also wanna notice that this team has perfect synergy. I also do run 5 physical pokemon and it has not been a problem for me as you guys will see when i'm done wih this rmt anyway I hope you enjoyed my little introduction, now lets get to the details!

Sneak Peak!​
|
|
|
|
|
|
|​

A Closer Look:

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Double Edge
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

I wanted to start off with Kangaskhan basically because of it's amazing revenge killing potential while also beeing an all around amazing physical attacker. Kangaskhan has a lot of important roles on this team which basically is revenging dangerous setup sweepers with it's double priority, I find this incredibly helpful and it can easely save games for me. Double Edge over Return for better damage, and Earthquake for prefered coverage mostly against Steel/Rock types. Silk Scarf is nice as Kangaskhan mostly spams it's STAB moves and also has better longivity than the Life Orb one, the EVs are nothing special Jolly to outspeed Jolly CB Sawk, Gardevoir and Braviary.

Scolipede @ Salac Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spd (IVs 30)
Jolly Nature (+Spd -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Scolipede one of the current drops and maby the best one. Scolipede does a lot of work for my team basically checking Psychic types and passing boosts (which as I mentioned above this is why having 5 physical attackers really don't annoys me). There is really not much to tell about this set as everyone really know how it works, you setup a Swords Dance or a Sub if lucky you get both then you pass it, easy like that. The EVs are made to hit as hard and fast as possible while also speed tieng with other Scolipedes and get up incredibly fast Subs.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Misdreavus is an excellent choice for my team or for any team in this meta in general, what it does is walling Scolipede excellently and punishes hes boosting passes with Foul Play. Misdreavous also works as an excellent lead due to it's naturally fast Taunt and excellent bulk, it also has Will-O-Wisp to shut down physical threats. Misdreavous servs so many roles for my team it is literally a key member of my team, it even spin blocks and walls common fighting types in Sawk and Primeape excellently and if it gets low on health it has Pain Split for better longivity. The EVs are the standard smogon EV spread, giving it great overall bulk.

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Metang is my Stealth Rocker which it gets up reliably due to it's great typing, it really does a lot for my team walling a bunch off stuff and also beeing the best counter to Jynx which is great tho my team handles Jynx nicely anyway. The moveset is quite standard not running Earthquake here due to Kanga and Seismotoad having a ground move, therefore i'm running Meteor Mash for a strong STAB and Bullet Punch for priority ko'ing Jynx after rocks therefore not taking an Focus Blast to the face. Toxic is a great move on Metang as water/fire types loves switching in on him and lets me cripple them with Toxic. The EVs are quite standard max hp and atk because Metang already spots amazing defenses without any defensive investment with Eviolite on.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Substitute

So now my team basically was incredibly weak to electric/water and fire types and I really needed something that could wall this and also break VoltTurn teams, Seismitoad was the perfect solution. Seismitoad is amazing beating dangerous pokemon like Charizard, Rapidash, Rotom forms etc, it also beats this teams most hated counter Alomomola nicely with Sub + Toxic which is an amazing combo on this mon creds to MMF and Zeb for making this set. Hydro Pump for hitting as hard as possible and Earth Power for a second STAB, Toxic also has it other benefits as it catches common switch ins like Serperior or other Seismitoads off guard and cripples them. The EVs are made to hit as hard and fast as possible, Timid also lets Seismotoad outspeed a lot off common threats like Samurott, Skuntank, Adamant Sawk and Kanga + Ludicolo which is a great benchmark to hit.

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
Jolly Nature (+Spd, - SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- U-Turn

The last pokemon I wanted was a lure for something like Musharna and Alomomola as this could give me an advantage to either setup with Scolipede or get a free Sub with Seismitoad, Primeape was an perfect example. Also while having an amazing STAB move in Close Combat it is an excellent receiver after Ghost/Psychic/Poison types are removed. Primeape is an amazing revenge killer for this team also having a nice Dark resistance beating Kangaskhan nicely after it has Faked Out and CC's it to oblivion. U-Turn really is the crux for this set as Primeape most common swith ins are giving me an huge advantage. Ice Punch for nailing Altaria and Stone Edge for hitting Bug/Flying types hard. The EVs are standard max spd and atk to hit as hard and fast as possible, running Jolly to tie with Scarf Jynx and other Scarf Primeapes.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Scolipede @ Salac Berry
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Misdreavus (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Metang @ Eviolite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Substitute

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Conclussion:

Well that was my comeback team, used an easy setup and tried to keep the descriptions easy and clean. Anyway that was pretty much all drop a luvdisc if you liked it have and a nice day :pimp:

Your team is very weak to Alomomola + Tangela defensive cores. Having 4 physical attackers isn't a great idea in my opinion, and the odd one out seems to be Primeape. I would go with a Scarfed Jynx or Gardevoir in that spot to keep that revenge killing role, but breaking through physical walls.
Overall that might be the only flaw with this team, it's very good.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate bobbyvaporeon.

Well Alomomola + Tangela core can easely be handled with the right play especially with Primeape luring them in with U-Turn. Your suggestion with Jynx or Gardevoir really isn't that smart as then I have no Dark resist + i'm a lot weaker to Skuntank and Kangaskhan and i'm also gonna miss out on the perfect synergy open myself up to other threats + the fighting coverage which my team really enjoys.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your team has excellent synergy, but there are still a few tiny nitpicks. For Metang, I'll give you Annoyer's EV spread of 248 HP / 176 Atk / 56 SpD / 28 Spe to maximize bulk, Speed, and still maintain decent power (for Metang at least). I'll also give you EBeast's spread for Misdreavus in 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe in order to outspeed Rampardos and Speed creep standard bulky Skuntank.

While unnecesary since you can easily find a chance to Toxic them, Scolipede can moves its Atk EVs into HP to prevent Waterfall and Hidden Power Ice from the likes of Alomomola and Tangela from breaking its Subs. After a couple of Swords Dances (which you can easily get with the bulkier Subs), the drop in power wouldn't be as noticeable and you can always Baton Pass away from things that are too powerful. Again, this is hardly necessary and will detract from your immediate power, but it is an option. Other than that, this is a very good looking team that doesn't need too many changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)