- Sleep Powder
- Solar Blade
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis
- Tera Blast
- Trailblaze
- Victory Dance*

New Move:
Victory Dance - Fighting | Status | - % Acc | 10 PP | The user performs an intense dance to usher in victory, boosting its Attack, Defense, and Speed stats.

Pros
  • Very powerful wallbreaker thanks to the ability Hustle bolstering it's Attack stat.​
  • Adds a new potential sweeper for Sun, as it's most likely the most viable Chlorophyll abuser.​
  • 105 Speed gives it an above average speed tier for the type of power it's packing, making it threaten slower teams and even some offensive staples.​
  • Victory Dance, it's signature move, allows it to become much more dangerous as a sweeper, and can use certain metagame staples as set up bait (i.e Defensive Great Tusk)​

Cons
  • It's very frail, allowing Hustle sets to be easily revenge killed by priority, Booster Energy Pokémon and Choice Scarf users.
  • It's reliance on Hustle means that at best, every move has a 20% chance to miss, which may often lead to your Lilligant-Hisui fainting in the process.
  • Struggles versus Gholdengo and particularly Skeledirge without Terastilization, with the latter even ignoring potential Victory Dance boosts with Unaware.​
  • Hates the plethora of new Flying types that are present in the metagame, and even though it has Ice Spinner it may prove risky thanks to Hustle or against threats like Zapdos or Moltres which punish contact.​
  • Has 4MSS, wanting to fit all of dual STAB, Sleep Powder, Tera Blast, Ice Spinner and Victory Dance onto a set.​
  • Lastly, it faces stiff competition as a Fighting type wallbreaker from the likes of Great Tusk and Iron Valiant, as well as newcomers Zapdos-Galar and Sneasler. All of them are much more consistent in terms of power and have multiple more positive attributes outside of that.​
Tera Options:
  • Tera Fighting is an option, turning Close Combat into a death button against anything unfortunate enough to get hit by it. This also in turn dampens it's Flying, Ice and Fire weaknesses.
  • Tera Fire most likely fits on Sun based teams with Chlorophyll, but allows it to dodge Will O Wisp, take advantage of a third STAB with Sun boost and breaks checks like Gholdengo and Zapdos in half.
  • Tera Ground also covers Gholdengo while also hitting Skeledirge and Fire types in general for big damage.
  • Tera Ghost finally is a viable option to once again hit Ghold and Skele, while hitting Flying types for neutral damage and dodging Extreme Speed.
Potential Sets:

Victory Dance Sweeper
Lilligant-Hisui @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Tera Type: Ground / Fighting / Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Victory Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast / Ice Spinner

The most likely consistent Hisuigant set, employing Victory Dance to set up and sweep once it's checks are sufficiently weakened. Tera Ground hits Gholdengo and Skeledirge, but if (somehow) those Pokemon are not a major threat, you can try out Tera Fighting to bust open shit.

Swords Dance Wallbreaker
Lilligant-Hisui @ Life Orb / Heavy Duty Boots
Ability: Hustle
Tera Type: Ground / Fighting / Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Trailblaze
- Close Combat
- Tera Blast / Ice Spinner

Similar idea but with a greater lean towards breaking fat than sweeping offense. That being said Trailblaze does exist to enable sweeping. Same type of threat lists as last time.

Sun Sweeper
Lilligant-Hisui @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Fire / Ghost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Sleep Powder
- Solar Blade
- Axe Kick / Close Combat
- Tera Blast

This set would run rampant on Sun teams as a late game cleaner once all of the big wallbreakers are done punching holes. Tera Fire makes it a big nuke once Sun is up, hitting most of offense for big damage while it's in, and can slot in Sleep Powder over Growth to cripple threats with a fast sleep.

TL;DR
Lilligant-Hisui is a decent set up sweeper both in and out of Sun, but can prove challenging to pull of due to it's lack of power with some sets and it's unreliability with others.

Last edited:
Any reason to use Growth instead of Swords Dance on the Chlorophyll set, since it's not going Mixed? I know this isn't going to matter in any relevant game but I guess in the event the opponent gets rid of the Weather on the attempted Boosting turn or some ridiculously niche case, SD is better without losing anything from Growth?

I wanted to point out that this thing is so frail that Tera Ice may actually be a viable Tera type. The combo of Ice Spinner with grass and fighting stab is already scary enough, but if you factor in Chilling Reception + Victory Dance after Tera Ice, you can get a significant defense boost that now can **potentially** cover for a hustle miss. Both slowkings also merit strong partners as they cover many of it's common weaknesses for switch ins. This may be rather gimmicky, however Victory Dance is such a good move it could warrant some experimentation.

Furthermore, this type of set with Chilling Reception is also interesting against all forms of weather because it benefits from snow, has primary STAB against most Sand threats, can reset rain teams into snow with chilling reception and then Leaf Blade all over them, and if you swap out Hustle for Chlorophyll you trade damage for the ability to outspeed sun teams and/or use chilling reception once again to turn sun off. In turn, should they switch into Torkoal to reset sun, you now have at least 4 turns of sun to outspeed in and a chance to set up a victory dance.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ice Spinner should probably be slashed with Sleep Powder on the Sun Sweeper set. Coverage is coverage and 4 attacks works well for a lategame cleaner.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
How to Hustle Liligant-Hisui

1) Get her safely with rilla U-Turn
2) Set up with Victory dances
3) miss every single move thanks to hustle + bad luck
4) you died
5) you lost the game
6) lmao

(((has already happened to me, i wish i could be joking)))

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ice Spinner should probably be slashed with Sleep Powder on the Sun Sweeper set. Coverage is coverage and 4 attacks works well for a lategame cleaner.
It does, butI feel Sleep Powder and Swords Dance are still alot more viable. Only target is Dragonite, which while big can probably be dealt with Sleep Powder and / or a Ghost Tera type.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It does, butI feel Sleep Powder and Swords Dance are still alot more viable. Only target is Dragonite, which while big can probably be dealt with Sleep Powder and / or a Ghost Tera type.
Also hits Pult, Roaring Moon (guaranteed OHKO after Rocks), and some random cheeky things like Tera Grass Heatran.

But Tera Ghost also hits Pult so *shrug*.

I've run VD Lilligant with Sleep Powder in the last slot. You trade coverage options for the ability to temporarily make the game a 5v6

I mean by the time you’re wasting an item slot like that you might as well just… run choice band chlorophyll
I thought the idea is wide lens sleep powder and using hustle alongside it for Power.

Also this mon is tricky to play Grass Fighting coverage without scrappy is really bad.

But Victory Dance is really cool. I wonder if a "bulky" Set was testen by someone.

I thought the idea is wide lens sleep powder and using hustle alongside it for Power.

Also this mon is tricky to play Grass Fighting coverage without scrappy is really bad.

But Victory Dance is really cool. I wonder if a "bulky" Set was testen by someone.
forgot about sleep powder. its really difficult to fit it on a set tho, as this thing isnt strong enough to be used without boosts, but also has really bad coverage and thus needs to have 3 attacks. its also way too fragile to try and run a support set. only set i can see sleep power being good on is choice band which is flawed for obvious reasons.

I mean this thing is at least mandatory on sun teams. With it now being the best chlorophyll sweeper now and all. Plus it's fight grass stab covers alot of bases that sun teams appreciate namely heatrans, gastrodons, rotoms to name a few t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)