(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

My fiance and I already built a full dex in her Pokebank (but we do keep our 2010 Mews in our regular games, 'cause they're so cute to pet), so the Dubious Disks MIGHT come in handy if I ever used a Porygon-Z... but Porygon2 is actually USABLE with an Eviolite, so why would I bother?

At the final count, it was Keplsy and Hondew (too much), Shiny Stone 2, Dawn Stone 4, Dubious Disk 2, Deepseatooth 1, Deepseascale 1, Fire Stone (too many), Metal Coat 0, Up-Grade 0.

Oh well, off to the Maison. Maybe I'll do another Super Singles... or I think I've got enough of a team together for a Super Triples...

My fiance and I already built a full dex in her Pokebank (but we do keep our 2010 Mews in our regular games, 'cause they're so cute to pet), so the Dubious Disks MIGHT come in handy if I ever used a Porygon-Z... but Porygon2 is actually USABLE with an Eviolite, so why would I bother?

At the final count, it was Keplsy and Hondew (too much), Shiny Stone 2, Dawn Stone 4, Dubious Disk 2, Deepseatooth 1, Deepseascale 1, Fire Stone (too many), Metal Coat 0, Up-Grade 0.

Oh well, off to the Maison. Maybe I'll do another Super Singles... or I think I've got enough of a team together for a Super Triples...
Or you could pawn off the Dubious Disks if you ever need the money, or at least the extra one?

ORAS seems to take a lot longer to connect online than X&Y did. This is annoying.
And here I thought it was just little ol' me. Yeah, it definitely takes longer, I agree. Sure is annoying having to wait what feels like a minute. It is even more annoying when it takes longer to save the game while you're online.

I honestly found it taking longer during the later stages of XY, and this same speed continued into ORAS. I think it's the result of a patch.

I don't know if it takes any longer to connect, (hey I don't sit there with a stopwatch to time it) but I have noticed that the player icons always start loading up in the PSS screen before it even says that it's successfully connected to the internet... or it decides at the last minute it doesn't want to connect after all. It's a little annoying, as the passersby are often over halfway loaded by the time you can go to the PSS' menu to try to level up give O-Powers to the active ones. And it's pretty annoying to have to scroll back through that list just to spam Hatching Power or whatever.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
The Lati twin you get during the main game always being in a regular poke ball gets on my nerves. I could use use ticket, but it only applies to opposite twin.

The Lati twin you get during the main game always being in a regular poke ball gets on my nerves. I could use use ticket, but it only applies to opposite twin.
"Hello there, gift Lati@s. I demand you jump into this red, red Cherish Ball. Or you can jolly well stay here and wait for Team Eco Terror to kidnap you. Again."

Not that you have a Cherish Ball... I find it more annoying having to keep resetting for the right nature, rather than being able to use a Synchronizer.
I guess that this only illustrates the fact that you can't choose the friends who want to join you...

Not that you have a Cherish Ball... I find it more annoying having to keep resetting for the right nature, rather than being able to use a Synchronizer.
I guess that this only illustrates the fact that you can't choose the friends who want to join you...
Synchronizers work.

Synchronize works 100% of the time on both the in-game Lati@s and Cosplay Pikachu. Why it doesn't work for non-nature locked Mystery Gift Pokemon is beyond me. Then again, I guess it hardly matters to Game Freak when ones like Diancie are always banned from their competitions...

I hate how often you encounter May before Lavaridge, I don't need your Potions! And I hate how a 12 year old girl shakes her breast in front of me. I appreciate that GameFreak wanted to improve on character depth but this failed for me.

I hate how often you encounter May before Lavaridge, I don't need your Potions! And I hate how a 12 year old girl shakes her breast in front of me. I appreciate that GameFreak wanted to improve on character depth but this failed for me.
if I recall you encounter her the same amount of times as in RSE, maybe +1

On a more serious note, I've noticed that occasionally my Alpha Sapphire version ejects itself, or the cartridge somehow becomes loose enough so that the console can't read it, and this tells me that it either isn't there, or that it has been removed, even though the cartridge most certainly still in the slot.

This had better not cause my save file to corrupt if this keeps happening. I've never, in the five generation of games, ever had this happen to me. Maybe I shouldn't be quickly swapping out cartridges while transferring Pokemon in Poke Bank?

On a more serious note, I've noticed that occasionally my Alpha Sapphire version ejects itself, or the cartridge somehow becomes loose enough so that the console can't read it, and this tells me that it either isn't there, or that it has been removed, even though the cartridge most certainly still in the slot.

This had better not cause my save file to corrupt if this keeps happening. I've never, in the five generation of games, ever had this happen to me. Maybe I shouldn't be quickly swapping out cartridges while transferring Pokemon in Poke Bank?
That sounds like a problem with the 3DS's card slot rather than the card.

I've had this happen once with my AS card, never with anything else.

I've had this happen once with my AS card, never with anything else.
I've had this occur with my Omega Ruby and Smash 3DS, however, not during play -- only when inserting them from the menu.

However, I have had this occur with my Heartgold during play. After I've gotten a ton of apricorn and safari 'mon without saving. PAIN.

I've had this occur with my Omega Ruby and Smash 3DS, however, not during play -- only when inserting them from the menu.

However, I have had this occur with my Heartgold during play. After I've gotten a ton of apricorn and safari 'mon without saving. PAIN.
Then this seems to hint that perhaps the game carts have varying quality. I think that when I'm playing, and my 3DS is in the charging cable, it bumps up agains that flap that conceals the stylus and game cart. When I put that flap down, I think that might help to prevent the cart from becoming just loose enough to become unreadable for the console.

And yeah, I've noticed that when I'm quickly transferring Pokemon between Y and AS via 'Bank, I've noticed that when I insert Alpha Sapphire to transfer Pokemon from Y, it won't read the card half the time.

This is kind of weird to be upset about, but... It bugs me that the PSS, Super Training, and Amie are all smooshed together into one app. It's almost like you're using them on an emulator, if that makes any sense.

Also, the Pikachus with clothes... That was a mean tease on Game Freak's part. I've been wanting to dress up (or at least somehow individualize) my pokémon for ages. But nope, it's just yet another electric rat forme.

This is kind of weird to be upset about, but... It bugs me that the PSS, Super Training, and Amie are all smooshed together into one app. It's almost like you're using them on an emulator, if that makes any sense.

Also, the Pikachus with clothes... That was a mean tease on Game Freak's part. I've been wanting to dress up (or at least somehow individualize) my pokémon for ages. But nope, it's just yet another electric rat forme.
Eh, it's a little weird that they're... just shoved in there. As for Cosplay Pikachu... I'm not that surprised it's the only one able to dress up. Pikachu gets the special treatment since... what, Yellow? And this generation did change its cry to match the anime when no other Pokemon received such change. I really would have been more surprised if Game Freak had allowed this for anything other than Pikachu.

Synchronize works 100% of the time on both the in-game Lati@s and Cosplay Pikachu. Why it doesn't work for non-nature locked Mystery Gift Pokemon is beyond me. Then again, I guess it hardly matters to Game Freak when ones like Diancie are always banned from their competitions...
According to Bulbapedia, Synchronizers work 100% for gift Pokemon in the Undiscovered egg group. Meaning if we get a legendary event, we can Synch it (or at least, so I hope it's true).

... AND have two Gen VI games and two 3DSs. :P
Hey, if you have two Gen 6 games, you can just use the GTS. That's what I always do to evolve my Pokemon when I'm too lazy to nab a friend.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
You can obtain Team Flare bags in Super Training even in OR/AS. I do not mind the baloons being Kalos dex mons, but OR/AS preceeds X/Y by at least half a decade and I doubt Flare was known by the public at the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 7)