(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
Flareon: That would work if Flareon can be burned. Even Jolteon's Quick Feet benefit it more!
Guts: “If this Pokemon has a major status condition, its Attack is multiplied by 1.5; burn's physical damage halving is ignored.”
This works with toxic(orb), so it isn’t useless! Granted it’s still a flareon so it isn’t good, but at least it makes it better

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Guts: “If this Pokemon has a major status condition, its Attack is multiplied by 1.5; burn's physical damage halving is ignored.”
This works with toxic(orb), so it isn’t useless! Granted it’s still a flareon so it isn’t good, but at least it makes it better
It do have a severe downside of weakening Flareon's HP in an increasing amount, which combining with slow Speed, makes it unideal to stay for long. And we know how much of a detriment Toxic is if handled poorly. Other Guts users instead uses Flare Orb which Burn become nowhere as severe.

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
It do have a severe downside of weakening Flareon's HP in an increasing amount, which combining with slow Speed, makes it unideal to stay for long. And we know how much of a detriment Toxic is if handled poorly. Other Guts users instead uses Flare Orb which Burn become nowhere as severe.
I’m aware that it’s bad and not as good as the others, I was just saying that it did something, so it’s technically not completely useless(like telepathy wobb in singles)

- lack of mega evolution
- lack of a normal corsola evolution
- galarian corsola being an insult to how lovable corsola is
- too little Tangela representation in game

and more seriously
- the speed of the games. A turbo button would maybe help. It grieves me to no end that if I only have 30 minutes to play a bit on my switch, I waste nearly all of them on battle animations and end up getting absolutely nothing done. Fake playtime.

- different abilities with the same function are unnecessary: libero/protean, vital spirit/imsonia, mold breaker/teravolt, it's lack of creativity;
They are related to the nature of the specific Pokemon. They make perfect sense, and having the same in-battle effect and actually being the same ability are two completely different things. Does Drowzee look like it has a "vital spirit" to you?

Last edited:
Mold Breaker, Teravolt, and Turboblaze all are identical. What makes this annoying is that Full Metal Body, Shadow Shield, and Prism Armor are identical to Clear Body, Multiscale, and Solid Rock/Filter, but have the added effect of being immune to the ability-ignoring abilities. Tervavolt and Turboblaze should get an addition buff or a super-mode version like Primordial Sea and Desolate Land.

Last edited:
Mold Breaker, Teravolt, and Turboblaze all are identical. What makes this annoying is that Full Metal Body, Shadow Shield, and Prism Armor are identical to Clear Bod, Multiscale, and Solid Rock/Filter, but have the added effect of being immune to the ability-ignoring abilities. Tervavolt and Turboblaze should get an addition buff or a super-mode version like Primordial Sea and Desolate Land.
should just have made them count elec/fire as STAB for the kyurem forms.
Way more logical than Fusion bolt being non-stab

events for legends don't have any story its just "here have this mf we giving them away" and there's nothing interesting aside from a movie that came alongside it
and sometimes the movie doesnt even do anything with them
I Choose You making Marshadow an envoy of Ho-oh was............interesting...........but even in that context it was barely there or mattered.
Zeraora was more broadly important to Power of Us but as "strong pokemon angry at mankind" goes it could have been a lot of different pokemon

Which honestly is fine for both their respective movies but it doesn't help out the Pokemon themselves that much, you know?

Coco at least seems to be threading the needle better, since the whole location is tied with Zarude more and Zarude itself seems far more involved & important to things, but we'll see when it lands.

you could say growlithe is just an dog, and that its an lack of creativity. if they really lacked creativity, gf would just make no regional forms and mons at all, and reusing old ones
i couldn't say because i talked about objects, not animals.

galarian corsola being an insult to how lovable corsola is
I actually think that's a strength. I remember a lot of people getting genuinely distraught over the happy little coral mon getting killed by climate change, much like what is happening to actual coral. When it comes to something as currently relevant as climate change, I'd say a punch to the gut is very appropriate.

This isn't to say that these people necessarily denied climate change or needed to be reminded of it. I just think that sickening feeling of "not even the Pokemon world can escape the effects of climate change" is a powerful emotion worth feeling.

but it still can be considered "lack of creativity" since its just an dog, like doublade is just an sword (its not just a sword, its actually just 2 swords!)
Growlithe also breathe fire and barely looks like a dog. People are allowed to have tastes.

i don't support pokémon that are objects, like: klefki, polteagaist, rotom's forms, aegislash and others, for me it's lack of creativity;
That said, just to clarify, you also aren't a fan of earlier object mons like Exeggcute, Magnemite, Chimecho, or whatever, right? Not necessarily those mons specifically, but like in general.

Also, in defense of the Rotom appliances, I'd say they're pretty neat when viewed as forms of regular Rotom, who is not an object but can possess them. The Rotom forms are objects in the same way Farfetch'd is a vegetable, if that makes sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)