ORAS Ubers Long Live Blaze: Mega Blaziken

Introduction:

Back in emerald, the Blaziken was great. But the only thing I felt he needed was 10 more speed. I said, if blaziken went from 80 speed to 90 speed or even 95, he'd be perfect. Well, my request was fulfilled, but I got way more than I asked for. Blaziken is now tied with Typhosion for my favorite pokemon. Cyndiquill was my first pokemon so there's nostalgia there, but Blaziken punched Rayquaza in the face when I was a kid, so there's that.

Team:
With enough Speed Boosts, Blaziken can quickly become the fastest pokemon on any team. Flare Blitz Hits with STAB at 120 power. Everything FB doesn't hit, Low Kick does. Pretty much everything low kick hits in Ubers is heavy, maxing out its power at 120. High Jump Kick can be used for consistent damage but one miss can end a sweep. Protect is to safely mega evolve and get a speed boost at the same time. Swords Dance doubles Blaziken's attack so it can OHKO everything. With this set with 2 STAB attacks has 2 big threats. Giratina and Mega Salamence. Knock Off can be used for Giratina and Stone Edge can be used for Salamence.
Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick/High Jump Kick
- Protect
- Swords Dance/Knock Off/Stone Edge

Giratina is a big problem for blaziken, So I needed an answer. Darkrai is a nightmare for Giratina and slower threats. Dark Void is the signature move for Darkrai, putting foes to sleep to simultaneously harm and incapacitate the opponent. From there Nasty Plot doubles Darkrai's power if the opponent switches or tries to wake up. Dark Pulse is for STAB, has good coverage, and has a chance to flinch. Sludge Bomb is for Fairies that resist Dark Pulse. Life Orb boosts moves even further.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot

Next on the threat list was Mega Salamence. Lugia is the best counter to Salamence. Salamence typically doesn't carry anything super effective to Lugia, and Lugia is bulky enough to take multiple hits without going down. Ice Beam can OHKO Salamence and 2HKO other dragons. Toxic breaks down bulky Walls like Primal Groudon on the switch, or justs puts a timer on anything that wants to stay in. Roost is to recover HP and get rid of Lugia's flying type for 1 turn. Also, reactivating Multiscale is helpful. Whirlwind is to phase out set up sweepers and stack stealth rock damage. However I've been thinking of replacing this with calm mind, making lugia hard to faint.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind/Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

Latios is the team hazard remover, with some added tricks. Latios with Soul Dew is better than its mega. Draco will punch a hole in anything that doesn't resist it especially Groudon- Primal. Psyshock hits hard on the physical side. Helps with Kyogre-Primal. Defog clears hazards while roost heals 50% health. Originally I had Latias in this role, replacing Roost with Healing Wish. But loosing a defogger wasn't always worth it.

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Groudon can hit and can take hard hits. Stealth Rock hurts any pokemon that switches in. Stone edge hits flying types, especially ho-oh hard. Thunder Wave makes everything slower which can cause a win later on. Precipice Blades is Groudon's strongest move. 120 power and STAB is good for hitting kyogre on the switch.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Precipice Blades

Arceus can basically do anything, but this set is one of the most deadly. Nicknamed the Extreme Killer, if allowed to set up it can rip apart any team with 0 chance of retaliation. Swords Dance Doubles Arceus' attack. Extreme Speed is the main move here. With a +2 speed priority the only thing faster is fake out. After a swords dance and STAB many pokemon get OHKO'd. But if you want to be sure the job gets done, coverage moves are available. Earthquake for Rock and steel types which resist Extreme Speed and Shadow claw is for anything immune to Extreme Speed. Stone edge is also an option to hit flying types like Mega-Sal

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw/ Stone Edge

Long Live Blaze. And thank you to anyone who contributes.

Hey there!
Nice team, I would like to give you a rate since nobody did it yet!
I respect your creativity a lot, but, to be honest, Blaziken is a Pokemon that rarely fits in Ubers teams since it loses to priority moves like Extreme Speed from Deoxys-A or Arceus-Normal (Ekiller) and unfortunately I don't see any pokémon on your team that helps Blaziken taking these moves. :(
Next weakness I want to mention is Mega Salamence but yeah you have Lugia which is a good answer unless you have Rocks up there's no way to revenge Mega Salamence.However, your team is offensive,but Lugia is a defensive pokémon which results in your team losing momentum and offensive pressure.

The following suggestions will help in improving your team while also being able to play better against the threats I've mentioned~

First of all, as I said, priority moves are very annoying and since you lack a Pokemon that takes those well enough, you are gonna be facing major problems versus Pokemon such as the ones mentioned above. Therefore, I suggest you use Giratina-Origin over Latios.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Def / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

About Lugia, for the aforementioned reasons, I highly suggest that you use Dialga over it. Dialga helps you check Salamence-Mega, while providing you with a bulky Stealth Rock user, freeing up your Groudon-Primal to run another set. It is also a soft check to Arceus-Normal and a good lead against lots of slower, Balance teams, which your Blaziken-Mega has a lot of trouble against (for example teams with Arceus-Water and Sableye-Mega).
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Stealth Rock

Now, having said that, since your Groudon-Primal is free from being your Stealth Rock user, you can try the "ParaDancer" set, which allows you to not only check Xerneas decently, but also have some considerable offensive presence versus Balance teams. Thunder Wave is a very important move here, since it renders offensive Primal-Groudon checks useless (for example Rayquaza, Yveltal, etc.) while also slowing down Arceus-Water/Arceus-Dragon, etc. This spread will allow you to have enough bulk to survive any hit from a +2 Xerneas, in order to use Thunder Wave on it. Rock Slide synergizes with Thunder Wave excellently, as it helps you flinch your opponent easier and get more KOs, or bring certain Pokemon within Precipice Blades' range after flinching them 1 time.
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 68 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave

Hope I helped, good luck with your team! :heart:

Dialga is a decent choice over Lugia. Mainly I picked Lugia because Mega Sal is scary. But hopfully a draco from Dialga one shots Sal. Giratina also helps the Arceus machup, so all in all, these are good suggestions. Thanks for responding lol
Hey there!
Nice team, I would like to give you a rate since nobody did it yet!
I respect your creativity a lot, but, to be honest, Blaziken is a Pokemon that rarely fits in Ubers teams since it loses to priority moves like Extreme Speed from Deoxys-A or Arceus-Normal (Ekiller) and unfortunately I don't see any pokémon on your team that helps Blaziken taking these moves. :(
Next weakness I want to mention is Mega Salamence but yeah you have Lugia which is a good answer unless you have Rocks up there's no way to revenge Mega Salamence.However, your team is offensive,but Lugia is a defensive pokémon which results in your team losing momentum and offensive pressure.

The following suggestions will help in improving your team while also being able to play better against the threats I've mentioned~

First of all, as I said, priority moves are very annoying and since you lack a Pokemon that takes those well enough, you are gonna be facing major problems versus Pokemon such as the ones mentioned above. Therefore, I suggest you use Giratina-Origin over Latios.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Def / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

About Lugia, for the aforementioned reasons, I highly suggest that you use Dialga over it. Dialga helps you check Salamence-Mega, while providing you with a bulky Stealth Rock user, freeing up your Groudon-Primal to run another set. It is also a soft check to Arceus-Normal and a good lead against lots of slower, Balance teams, which your Blaziken-Mega has a lot of trouble against (for example teams with Arceus-Water and Sableye-Mega).
Dialga @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Stealth Rock

Now, having said that, since your Groudon-Primal is free from being your Stealth Rock user, you can try the "ParaDancer" set, which allows you to not only check Xerneas decently, but also have some considerable offensive presence versus Balance teams. Thunder Wave is a very important move here, since it renders offensive Primal-Groudon checks useless (for example Rayquaza, Yveltal, etc.) while also slowing down Arceus-Water/Arceus-Dragon, etc. This spread will allow you to have enough bulk to survive any hit from a +2 Xerneas, in order to use Thunder Wave on it. Rock Slide synergizes with Thunder Wave excellently, as it helps you flinch your opponent easier and get more KOs, or bring certain Pokemon within Precipice Blades' range after flinching them 1 time.
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 68 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave

Hope I helped, good luck with your team! :heart:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello I'm here to give you a rate.

I feel that Lugia is really out of place on this team and that the structure should be redefined around Blaziken. A pretty straightforward change to make here is to replace Lugia with Mega Salamence and run a Life Orb Blaziken instead. From this position the team needs an Xerneas, and the best fit is over Darkrai. From here the team just needs to re-adjust movesets and spreads.

An Arceus-Ghost weakness emerges due to the Darkrai replacement so the EKiller set should be adjusted so that it runs Shadow Claw. This coverage choice also helps against Giratina-O, which can be troublesome for Blaziken. The team is sort of weak to opposing Mega Salamence, so EKiller's second coverage move could be changed to Stone Edge while Blaziken is given Hidden Power Ice. While the team has an EKiller and Blaziken, Darkrai can also be troublesome, which is why Scarf Xerneas should be used. The team also benefits from Scarf Xerneas's ability to outspeed Deoxys-A and to pick off offensive Psychics such as Deoxys-A and Mewtwo. With a Facade Mega Salamence and a Stone Edge EKiller, problems against Ho-Oh are somewhat reduced, which is important because Blaziken and Scarf Xerneas can potentially provide openings for Ho-Oh.

For the new structure, a Latios moveset of Memento / Grass Knot / Psyshock / Draco Meteor is likely a better fit. This team can't really afford to provide setup sweepers with too much freedom and Memento largely takes care of this. If running a defensive SR Primal Groudon for this team I'd suggest running maximum Special Defense as certain special attackers are potentially threatening and Thunder Wave still holds utility despite much of this team being fast. Otherwise an offensive SR set with Rock Tomb and Fire Punch can be used to increase offensive potency in order to possibly open things up for Blaziken, EKiller, or Mega Salamence.

Summary:
- Replace Lugia with this Mega Salamence
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Facade
- Replace Darkrai with this Xerneas
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Replace Mega Blaziken with this Life Orb Blaziken
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Leave Shadow Claw unslashed on EKiller and replace Earthquake with Stone Edge
- Replace Roost and Defog on Latios with Grass Knot and Memento
- Run max special defense on Primal Groudon or run an offensive SR set

In terms of your overall structure I think this vastly improves things. As for the smaller details those will likely need more tinkering than what I've provided. I suggest starting with these and seeing for yourself if the team needs a different coverage option for Blaze, or needs to change up EKiller's Stone Edge slot, or needs to run Modest Latios, etc. Good luck.

Hello I'm here to give you a rate.

I feel that Lugia is really out of place on this team and that the structure should be redefined around Blaziken. A pretty straightforward change to make here is to replace Lugia with Mega Salamence and run a Life Orb Blaziken instead. From this position the team needs an Xerneas, and the best fit is over Darkrai. From here the team just needs to re-adjust movesets and spreads.

An Arceus-Ghost weakness emerges due to the Darkrai replacement so the EKiller set should be adjusted so that it runs Shadow Claw. This coverage choice also helps against Giratina-O, which can be troublesome for Blaziken. The team is sort of weak to opposing Mega Salamence, so EKiller's second coverage move could be changed to Stone Edge while Blaziken is given Hidden Power Ice. While the team has an EKiller and Blaziken, Darkrai can also be troublesome, which is why Scarf Xerneas should be used. The team also benefits from Scarf Xerneas's ability to outspeed Deoxys-A and to pick off offensive Psychics such as Deoxys-A and Mewtwo. With a Facade Mega Salamence and a Stone Edge EKiller, problems against Ho-Oh are somewhat reduced, which is important because Blaziken and Scarf Xerneas can potentially provide openings for Ho-Oh.

For the new structure, a Latios moveset of Memento / Grass Knot / Psyshock / Draco Meteor is likely a better fit. This team can't really afford to provide setup sweepers with too much freedom and Memento largely takes care of this. If running a defensive SR Primal Groudon for this team I'd suggest running maximum Special Defense as certain special attackers are potentially threatening and Thunder Wave still holds utility despite much of this team being fast. Otherwise an offensive SR set with Rock Tomb and Fire Punch can be used to increase offensive potency in order to possibly open things up for Blaziken, EKiller, or Mega Salamence.

Summary:
- Replace Lugia with this Mega Salamence
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Facade
- Replace Darkrai with this Xerneas
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Replace Mega Blaziken with this Life Orb Blaziken
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Low Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Leave Shadow Claw unslashed on EKiller and replace Earthquake with Stone Edge
- Replace Roost and Defog on Latios with Grass Knot and Memento
- Run max special defense on Primal Groudon or run an offensive SR set

In terms of your overall structure I think this vastly improves things. As for the smaller details those will likely need more tinkering than what I've provided. I suggest starting with these and seeing for yourself if the team needs a different coverage option for Blaze, or needs to change up EKiller's Stone Edge slot, or needs to run Modest Latios, etc. Good luck.
Hidden Power Ice is interesting on Blaziken, I'll have to try it. I also agree with Lugia not fitting this team and im testing something to do about it. Mega Sal is very scary when used correctly and would be a better use of a mega slot. Life Orb Blaziken might actually do more damage than Mega-Blaziken, but I'm trying to build a team around Mega-Ken. But the changes to this team I'm interested in trying as a separate team

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you wanted, a further step you could take from my rate is to run Dialga over Latios. This makes your matchup against Mega Salamence much stronger, retains your Water resist, gets SR off of P Don, and provides some superficial utility in having a Steel-type. This makes running HP Ice on Blaze less necessary and opens up opprotunites to cover Ho-Oh a bit better. You'd be looking at chaning the coverage options of EKiller and Blaze slightly, while also running a set up P Don.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)