ORAS OU Looking for advice: Popeye the sweeperman and crew

Hi, im eab2711 and I've recently started trying competitive playing, but have played since red/blue/yellow. so far I've managed to get to the lower 16xx's and felt like I could see what you guys thought about my team and maybe give me some constructive criticism.

My team works by trying to force switches and catch enemy mons with thunder waves until I can catch something out of place or sweep with ordinarily too slow to sweep with pokes. So here is my team:
Popeye (Heracross-Mega) @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
Mega-heracross is why I made this team so I have built the team around slowing down and or killing his threats. This thing is a tremendous monster that I use to get cheap kills after a free switch. As for the moves and EVs he is pretty standard except I like to run 100 speed so I can outpace OU common rotom wash and I use bullet seed instead of sub/sword dance to catch bulky ground and water types off guard.

Captain Zzz (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Curse
- Body Slam
Standard curse lax from smogon uu page. Snorlax is one of my major win conditions if I can remove his threats and setup, but even if I can't setup with him I run body slam over return to help spread paralysis so either hera, togekiss, or bisharp can put in work. I also use him as my team's special wall as he can act like a mini blissey.

Trump (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Serious Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
Standard slowbro defensive pivot from smogon page. This guy puts in most of the work as sort of my team's glue. He spreads paralysis more than any other member and is my team's main physical wall and forms a decent core with snorlax.

Wallmagedon (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave
I felt I needed ferrothorn to take hits I didn't want to switch slowbro or snorlax into. He acts as a throw away wall menace. He is also my main way of stopping diance-mega.

Tommy (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
Bisharp is my ace in the hole. I wait as long as I can or choose carefully before switching him in as he is late game sweeper once everything that can stop him is slowed or dead.

Shoe (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell
- Roost
Togekiss is special on my as he has three roles. 1)To of course paralyse something2) flinch stall walls3) setup and sweep if it somehow accidentally happens. It's the smogon set so I don't have any unusual setails.

P.S. sorry if this thread is badly made. It is my first one ever.

Hey, and welcome to Smogon! I won't lie, it's really hard to get a grip of your team in the current format, with different sized images that take up half the page, no overview of the team or pastebin. My mind's hurting trying to rate this

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rmt-rules-guidelines-must-read-before-posting-an-rmt.3584611/ gives an overview of the best ways to format these, and I'm happy to help if not

I will say that your team is really lacking in speed, and Snorlax isn't the most effective thing in OU, while TWave is great for helping slower mons to work, it's not hugely effective and things like Low Kick Weavile and Mega Menectric (a common core) really dent your team. A lack of hazard removal too, while not awful to your team, can seriously hurt you; for that I'd recommend running ScarfDrill over Snorlax, as this gives you something that can revenge kill the aforementioned mons, is immune to Volt Switch and provides hazard control. Once your formatting's better, I can give some more advice :)

Okay thank you for the information. I did this on my phone so I'll retry on my desktop and see if I can fix what i've got wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)