Lord Jesseus and Solstice in a Soup-er battle! (Sorry.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2v2 Doubles
1 Day DQ
No recs/chills

You can choose Arena. I'd like to request Items on for training items (Amulet Coin, EXP Share etc).
As for the mons, I'll be using relatively fresh FEs, as in they have only just evolved and have little investment.
I'll take that Jesseus

Items=Nope
Switch=Dope
Abilities=Elope (All)
Arena: Unown Soup
TEAM LJ

Slowpoke [Omega] (Male)
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 13 (-)
Eva: -10%
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 5/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Oblivious: (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being affected by Attract, Cute Charm, or Captivate.
Own Tempo: (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.
Regenerator: (DW) (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

Attacks (22):
Curse
Yawn
Tackle
Growl
Water Gun
Confusion
Disable
Headbutt
Zen Headbutt
Psychic
Heal Pulse

Belly Drum
Sleep Talk
Safeguard

Surf
Rest
Trick Room
Pay Day
Dig
Dive
Light Screen
Ice Beam

Gyarados [Theta] (Male)
Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:

Gyarados
Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 70 (-)
Size Class: 6
Weight Class: 6
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 6/6
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Intimidate: (Can be activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.
Moxie: (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks (9):
Splash
Tackle
Flail
Bite
Dragon Rage
Thrash

Bounce
Reversal
Bubble

VS

TEAM SOLSTICE

Breloom(*) (M) (Bushido)
Nature: Jolly (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks, Special Attack reduced by *.)
Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 2 (-1)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 81 (70x1.15) (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 17

MC: 4

Abilities:
Effect Spore: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon has a stockpile of defensive spores which it realeases on opponents who strike with contact attacks. There is a 10% chance each of poison, paralysis, and sleep.
When disabled, the Pokemon's Powder attacks are 10% more accurate.
Poison Heal: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability have internal structures that absorb the toxins in poison and uses them to recover two (2) HP/action instead of taking poison damage. Their Toxic counter will still go up should their ability be disabled.
Technician Unlocked(DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Attacks:

Absorb (*)
Tackle (*)
Stun Spore (*)
Leech Seed (*)
Mega Drain (*)
Headbutt (*)
Poison Powder (*)
Spore
Mach Punch
Counter
Seed Bomb (*)
Drain Punch (*)
Worry Seed (*)
Facade (*)
Double Team (*)
Safeguard (*)
Bulk Up
Stone Edge

Total Moves: 18

Jolteon (M) (Full Name: Follow the Wind, Nickname: Fellow)
Nature: Timid (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks, Attack reduced by *)
Type: Electric
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 150 (130x1.15)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 20

MC: 3

Abilities:
Volt Absorb (Innate): This Pokemon absorbs all electrical attacks and instead of taking damage, recovering 50% of the damage an electrical attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with electricity to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself. Thunder Wave has no effect on the Pokemon.
Quick Feet (DW Unlocked) (Innate): This Pokemon feels a sense of anxiety when afflicted with a status condition and its speed increases by 50% (x1.5). Although it can still be fully paralyzed, it will not suffer the speed drop.

Attacks:
Tackle(*)
Tail Whip(*)
Helping Hand(*)
Sand Attack(*)
Growl(*)
Quick Attack(*)
Thunder
Discharge
Thunder Wave
Pin Missile
Agility
Yawn(*)
Detect(*)
Wish(*)
Shadow Ball(*)
Hidden Power Fire Power 6(*)
Substitute(*)
Signal Beam
Thunderbolt
Last Resort

Total Moves: 20

You know the drill. Solstice, your orders.

Ok, let's start this off!

Bushido the Breloom
Spore Omega - Spore Theta - Seed Bomb Omega

Fellow the Jolteon
Thunderbolt Theta - Thunder Theta - Thunderbolt Theta

This is the most utterly horrendous matchup. Oh well, let's see what we can do...
Before the round starts I would like to:
Have Gyarados Intimidate (doesn't cost an action when first sent out)
Have Slowpoke to evolve into Slowbro!

Slowbro [Omega] (Male)
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe)

Type:
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 26 (-)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 19

Abilities:
Oblivious: (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being affected by Attract, Cute Charm, or Captivate.
Own Tempo: (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.
Regenerator: (DW) (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

Attacks (22):
Curse
Yawn
Tackle
Growl
Water Gun
Confusion
Disable
Headbutt
Zen Headbutt
Psychic
Heal Pulse

Belly Drum
Sleep Talk
Safeguard

Surf
Rest
Trick Room
Pay Day
Dig
Dive
Light Screen
Ice Beam

Now, actions:
Omega, Spore will hit for sure - or will it? Use Unown M to harness the power of Magic Coat! This will prevent his action from harming you, and he'll be snoozing for the next one (and maybe the one after)
Then, Trick Room and Light Screen!
Theta your moves are less complicated, mainly because you have far less of them. First grab Unown S to Sky Attack Breloom. Then, Bounce Breloom twice. The second one will even allow you to jump over Jolteon's Thunderbolt! Hooray!

Round 1 Begin!

Omega
Energy: 80

Theta
Energy: 100

VS

Bushido
HP: 90

Follow the Wind

Sorry, but I'm not going to be able to flavor this one. Too much to keep track of.

Omega
HP: 79
Energy: 55
Other: Light Screen (5 actions)

Theta
HP: 37
Energy: 82

VS

Bushido
HP: 9
Energy: 66
Other: Attack -1 (permanent)

Follow the Wind
Energy: 81

UNOWN USED: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

ARENA: Trick Room (3 more rounds)

Omega evolved into Slowbro. Omega expends 20 Energy.

Gyrados' Intimidate: Bushido and FtW have their Attack stats lowered 1 stage each.

Omega's Magic Coat (Unown M): Omega shrouded itself in Magic Coat. Omega expends 9 Energy.

FtW's Thunderbolt: Deals 29 damage to Theta. FtW expends 6 Energy.

Bushido's Spore: Reflected by Magic Coat. Bushido is now Asleep. RNG rolls 796; Sleep lasts 2 actions. Bushido expends 7 Energy.

Theta's Sky Attack (Unown S): Theta is glowing.

Theta's Sky Attack: RNG rolls 198; attack hits. Deals 45 damage to Bushido. Theta expends 9 Energy. Bushido wakes up.

FtW's Thunder: RNG rolls 52; attack hits. Deals 34 damage to Theta. FtW expends 7 Energy.

Bushido's Spore: Theta is now Asleep. RNG rolls 399; Sleep lasts 1 action. Bushido expends 11 Energy.

Theta is Asleep.

Omega's Trick Room: Speed brackets are reversed for 4 rounds. Omega expends 9 Energy.

Omega's Light Screen: Lord Jesseus' team is protected by Light Screen for 6 actions. Omega expends 7 Energy.

Theta woke up.

Theta's Bounce: Theta sprang into the air. Theta expends 9 Energy.

Bushido's Seed Bomb: Deals 21 damage to Omega. Bushido expends 5 Energy.

FtW's Thunderbolt: Misses due to Bounce. FtW expends 6 Energy.

Theta came down from the Bounce. Deals 36 damage to Bushido.

Yes, Slwobro has 20 less energy. Also what you've posted has no correlation with my chosen actions. I did make actions similar to what you've reffed, but I edited them more than an hour and a half before the reffing, and only mere minutes after my initial post.
I'd like a re-reffing please.
edit: not to sound super grumpy, I just like the situation I would have been in otherwise (I think?).

Whoops. That's what I get for opening the window, leaving, then forgetting to refresh my browser when I get back. Sorry about that. I'll try and re-ref tomorrow, followed by Round 2.

Fellow, we need to beat them at their own game! With your far superior speed grab Unown P and use Protect! that shouldn't effect their actions because it isn't Detect!Then pound Gyarados with a Thunderbolt + Thunderbolt combination, that should officially remove him from play so we can take down this Slowbro!

Urp, missed the memo about the re-ref, when that happens I'll probably reorder because of changes.

Oh yeah, I forgot things can wake up from being struck...

But that's still not right, Sky Attack And Bounce should be doing more damage (Bounce actually DID more damage when you reffed before...).

Sky Attack: (14+3+(5-3)*1.5)*2.25=20*2.25=45
Bounce:(7+(6/2.5 Rounded Up)+3+(5-3)*1.5)*2.25=16*2.25=36

So Breloom should have 90-45-36=9 HP. In fact even the current value listed is wrong using the icorrect values, 90-36-20=34...

Anyway:

Slowpoke: Psychic Breloom, that should finish it. Then use Unown E to Earthquake. Then Dig Jolteon. If Jolteon uses Detect successfully in Action 2 or 3, Chill and push your actions back.

Gyarados: Use Unown D to Drill Run Jolteon. Then Reversal Jolteon Twice. If Jolteon uses Detect Successfully, Chill and push actions back.

K, here we go!

Bushido we have a good shot here! Grab Unown P for Protect, that will leave you alive for long enough to raise some hell! Then use Seed Bomb twice on Omega!
Fellow there's not a whole lot we can do about the Drill Run but we can eliminate them fairly quickly! Lead off with a Discharge, Bushido is protected so it'll only hit your opponents! Then use Thunderbolt on Theta to do some damage! Finish with a Thunder on Omega!

Round 2 Begin!

Omega
HP: 79
Energy: 55

Theta
HP: 37
Energy: 82

VS

Bushido
HP: 9
Energy: 66

Follow the Wind
Energy: 81

ARENA: Trick Room (3 more rounds)

Bushido's Protect (Unown P): Bushido Protected itself. Bushido expends 15 Energy.

Omega's Psychic: Blocked by Bushido's Protect. Omega expends 6 Energy.

Theta's Drill Run (Unown D): RNG rolls 413; attack hits. Deals 17 damage to FtW. Theta expends 6 Energy.

FtW's Discharge: Deals 11 damage to Omega and 15 damage to Theta. Bushido is Protected. FtW expends 5 Energy.

Omega's Earthquake (Unown E): Deals 7 damage to Bushido and 17 damage to FtW. Theta is unaffected. Omega expends 7 Energy.

Theta's Reversal: Deals 11 damage to FtW. Theta expends 7 Energy.

Bushido's Seed Bomb: Deals 21 damage to Omega. Bushido expends 5 Energy.

FtW's Thunderbolt: Deals 18 damage to Theta. FtW expends 6 Energy.

Omega's Dig: Omega dug underground. Omega expends 10 Energy.

Theta's Reversal: Deals 23 damage to FtW. Theta expends 17 Energy.

Bushido's Seed Bomb: Misses due to Dig. Bushido expends 5 Energy.

FtW's Thunder: Misses due to Dig. FtW expends 7 Energy.

Omega emerged from Dig. Deals 17 damage to FtW.

Omega
HP: 47
Energy: 32
Other: Light Screen (2 actions)

Theta
HP: 4
Energy: 52

VS

Bushido
HP: 2
Energy: 46

Follow the Wind
HP: 19
Energy: 69

ARENA: Trick Room (2 more rounds)

Oy. I hope I got that all right. Solstice, criticize order away.

Bushido start off with a Mach Punch on Theta, abuse that Technician! Then grab an Unown S for Shadow Force on Omega! Finish with another Seed Bomb on Omega!

Follow the Wind time to bring the thunder! Thunder x 3 on Omega, but if he ever uses Dig switch to Detect!

How did Bushido take 7 damage but end the round with only 2 less hp then he started? Not that it matters... I hope...

Gyarados, use Unown I to Ice Shard Breloom, finishing it before it gets you! (Thank god for Trick Room) Then Reversal Jolteon until the end of the round!

Slowpoke, use Dive on Jolteon then Bulldoze everything (but actually itll miss Gyarados and Breloom will hopefully be dead). Then Dive Jolteon again!
Dive works in soup right? If not replace actions with Dive¬Disable Thunder¬Bulldoze instead

Bah. I knew there was something. The HP issue fixed now. At least I didn't have to re-ref everything.

Speaking of which, I won't be able to ref until Saturday at the earliest. Just a heads up.

Round 3 Begin!

I lied. Sorry.

Omega
Energy: 32

Theta
Energy: 52

VS

Bushido
HP: 2

Follow the Wind
HP: 19
Energy: 69

ARENA: Trick Room (2 more rounds)

Theta's Ice Shard (Unown I): Deals 2 damage to Bushido. Theta expends 3 Energy. Bushido faints. Theta gains 1 KOC (1 total).

Omega's Dive: Omega dove into the soup. Omega expends 9 Energy.

FtW's Thunder: Misses due to Dive. FtW expends 7 Energy.

Omega came up from the Dive. Deals 14 damage to FtW.

Omega's Bulldoze: Deals 5 damage to FtW. Theta is unaffected. Omega expends 5 Energy. FtW faints. Omega gains 1 KOC (1 total).

Omega
Energy: 18

Theta
Energy: 49

VS

Bushido
HP: 0

Follow the Wind
HP: 0
Energy: 62

Lord Jesseus wins!

Reward time!

LJ: 2 CC
Theta: 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KOC
Omega: 3 MC

Solstice: 2 CC
Bushido: 3 MC
FtW: 3 MC

Me: Twenty lashes 4 UC

Congrats LJ, it was a great battle (minus my sucky reffing).

GG everyone
sorry about being so anal and pedantic
edit: speaking of which... didn't Omega get a KOC from Bulldozing Jolteon? Its listed in the calcs but not the rewards... :D

GG, thanks for reffing Galladiator, and thanks to Jesseus for showing me a few tricks that work well in Doubles, I always get my ass handed to me if its not singles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)