Lord of the Primordial Dance! Err, Sky. (Aerodactyl Disscussion)

Aerodactyl
The Fossil Pokemon
Height: 5'11" Weight: 130 lbs
Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male 12.5% Female
Evolutionary Line: Aerodactyl --Breed-> Aerodactyl --Level 100-> Aerodactyl --Trade-> Aerodactyl --Trade with Item-> Aerodactyl --Happiness-> Aerodactyl --Evolution Stone-> Aerodactyl
Abilities: Rock Head (Prevents Recoil), Pressure (Doubles PP Usage)

Physical Movepool:
Double Edge
Return
Rock Slide
Stone Edge
Elemental Fangs
Rock Smash
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Fly
Dragon Claw
Iron Tail
Steel Wing
Iron Head
Crunch
Pursuit

Pretty Big. Uses every Type in the game but Ghost, Psychic and Water.

Support Movepool:
Roar
Whirlwind
Stealth Rock
Roost
Substitute
Rest
Sleep Talk
Protect
Rock Polish

Meh. You probably won't use these anyway.

Possible Movesets:
Aerodactyl @ Life Orb ** Antidactyl
Jolly Nature (-Special Attack, +Speed)
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Attack / 212 Speed
Trait: Pressure
- Aerial Ace
- Iron Head / Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Fang

Saturn and I put our heads together for this one. It's designed to take out the most common leads.

Iron Head for Tyranitar and Weavile. Earthquake is almost always the better choice because you wreck Gyaravire. And you also wreck Yanmega with 4x STAB Rock Slide, you wreck Hera/Breloom with 4x STAB Aerial Ace. Rock Slide because you can't afford to miss.

This spread requires a 31 Speed IV to ensure you outrun the standard Weaviles.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature (-Special attack, +Speed)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Trait: Rock Head
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Double Edge

Standard CB Set. Ice Fang and stuuff are options too, I guess.

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers **PPStalldactyl
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Special Defense / 252 Speed
- Fly
- Substitute
- Protect
- Roost

I almost used this ingame once because I wasted EQ and Rock Slide on my Sandslash. Sub/Protect/Roost to stall their PP out and Fly to stall/do damage.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Specs ** Novodactyl
Modest Nature (-Attack, +Special Attack)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power (Flying)

Novelty special set. Max Special Attack Choice Specs Aerodactyl does at least 51% on Max Special Defense/HP Calm Bronzong with it's Fire Blast.

Aerodactyl @ Muscle Band/Life Orb/Choice Band ** SErodactyl
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

I just noticed that with Fire Fang / Dragon Claw, Dactyl is only resisted by Heatran, and Aerodactyl, just HAPPENS to learn EQ, which just HAPPENS to be part of the quakeslide combo resisted by none except Torterra, who just HAPPENS to get hit hard by the aforementioned Fire Fang, and those just HAPPEN to be enough moves for a new set. Bronzong counters it, unfortunately.

(Before you ask, it's me... in new form!)
*Ahem*
We won't forget the Original Antidactyl, will we?

EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Trait: Pressure, Rock Head is useless
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Smash
- Thunder Fang
Yep...

Fuck!!!
I really wish he got Brave Bird and Head Smash. (aka Uberdactyl)
Anyway, on the CBer, I would always use Ice Fang, over either Crunch, or Double Edge.

Leftovers
Jolly
Pressure
252 spd, distribute being HP and defenses
-Subsitute
-Protect
-Fly
-Roost

I love my 31 speed 30 attack jolly aerodactyl, too bad he has rock head.

(Before you ask, it's me... in new form!)
*Ahem*
We won't forget the Original Antidactyl, will we?

EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Trait: Pressure, Rock Head is useless
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
- Rock Smash
- Thunder Fang
Yep...
No, Rock Smash is useless as Iron Head deals with Weavile and Ttar with the same base power, but allows a lower Attack IV to be used, like 27. Anything under 22 is still crap.

Oh, Antidactyl still needs an Speed IV of atleast 20 to out run Jolly CB Weavile. If you have perfect speed, some EVs can leave speed and go into HP, Meaning 48 HP / 252 Attack / 208 Speed is viable, but only if you have a 31 IV in speed. adjust EVs according your IVs.

Rock Slide deals with Weavile already, and if you put Earthquake over Rock Smash, you will do more damage to Tyranitar. So just use EQ over Rock Smash.

That was the original Antidactyl, who was attempting to cover the most common leads with 4x Supper effective attacks, Weavile, Yanmega, Heracross, Breloom, Gyarados and Tyranitar (Sandstorm teams). Then we realized Rock Smash was useless because you needed Flawless Attack, Life Orb and 252 EVs to guarantee an OHKO on Weavile. Iron Head is much less selective and better than a fighting move, on this rare occasion indeed.

Now we use Iron Head/EQ

Yay! I was a major part in the making of a new moveset! Quick! Exploit it before people fear the... ANTIDACTYL!
OK, I like this...
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Fang
I'll probably use it. Hmm, imagine we freak out the metagame... Eh. Never gonna happen.

What about Pursuit? IF this catches on of course. People would switch out and we'd nail em on the switch, except Yanmega/Hera.

What about 4Jfly? Doesn't it carry protect? If it does, can it out run Antidactyl?

Aerodactyl has pretty bad defenses and plenty of weaknesses (Water, Ice, Electric, Steel), so if you're using Double Edge then you're probably going to get more milage out of Rock Head than Pressure. Whats more, if you're using Life Orb or Focus Sash, then that Double Edge recoil is worth advoiding.

All said, trait doesn't really matter too terribly much unless you do something weird like Epistaxis' Aerodactyl.

What about Pursuit? IF this catches on of course. People would switch out and we'd nail em on the switch, except Yanmega/Hera.

What about 4Jfly? Doesn't it carry protect? If it does, can it out run Antidactyl?

I havent ever seen a Yanmega in any RMt, or on wifi, so I dont think its a problem at all.

I havent ever seen a Yanmega in any RMt, or on wifi, so I dont think its a problem at all.
Say what? Yanmega's the starter on half the teams I've seen! You know that one movie when the guy opens the door and all those bugs swarm out and take over the world? That's what happened to the RMTs!

4JFly...?
Anyway, Pursuit would have to be run on a set, because the standard leads will be forced to switch out, but now few people know anyway. Who knows? Leads might change around because of our fearsome lead-countering machine.

4JFly

Yanmega @ I dont remember
Speed Boost
Modest

Protect
Hypnosis
Bug Buzz
Air Slash

Supposed to give you a fast Hypnosis, but like I said Ive never seen one.

4JFly. I forget it's EVs, but the the point was to Protect to activate Speed Boost and sweep, I think.

And I just noticed that with Fire Fang / Dragon Claw, Dactyl is only resisted by Heatran, and Aerodactyl, just HAPPENS to learn EQ, which just HAPPENS to be part of the quakeslide combo resisted by none except Torterra, who just HAPPENS to get hit hard by the aforementioned Fire Fang, and those just HAPPEN to be enough moves for a new set:

Jolly @ Muscle Band/Life Orb/Choice band
Max Speed/Attack, rest in HP
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Resistance? I don't see a resistance...

If I may be so bold as to throw in MY two cents:

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 ATK / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Aerial Ace / Pursuit / Crunch

I've always been a fan of Speed, and Aero is no exception.
The first three moves are for obvious synchronisity.
The fourth is a matter of what you want to take down.

Leftovers
Jolly
Pressure
252 spd, distribute being HP and defenses
-Subsitute
-Protect
-Fly
-Roost

I love my 31 speed 30 attack jolly aerodactyl, too bad he has rock head.
lol'd

Also 4J is the hommie but name sets suck. Although you had the set that he came up with (what seems like years ago) correct ihcati.

EDIT: Tochu is right, it was Modest. Protect + Speed boosts makes it fast enough to be played with that nature.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Specs ** Novodactyl
Modest nature (-Attack, +Special Attack)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power (Flying)

Novelty Special set. Ancient Power and HP are it's best STAB options, Dragon/Fire is resisted by none. HP Ground is an option as a variation to the set I posted above.

4JFly could be a problem indeed, if I have this correct. Speed Boost raises your Speed by 1.5, right? So his speed would be 475, I think (if Max Speed), that would beat out Aerodactyl. Damn Protect.
EDIT- Though it's set has nothing to kill you SE. It still might kill you, though. Let me see...

Yes, Speed boost multiplies speed by 1.5. Crap, I didn't know 4jFly was so fast. But that just means Aerodactyl should use 44 HP / 252 Attack / 212 Speed. Still outruns standard Weaviles and *should* live against 4JFly's NVE Air Slash/Bug Buzz and KO with Rock Slide.

It all works out in the end, I think. Need to calculate that.

EDIT: It is IMPOSSIBLE for Life Orb Yanmega to OHKO, it will do at most, 62.2% to any Antidactyl with it's Bug Buzz (Strongest Stab), assuming Yanmega is Modest with 252 EVs in Special Attack, a 31 IV in Special Attack and Aerodactyl has 44 HP EVs and NO IVs in HP or Special Defense. Yanmega can't counter Antidactyl.

4JFly. I forget it's EVs, but the the point was to Protect to activate Speed Boost and sweep, I think.

And I just noticed that with Fire Fang / Dragon Claw, Dactyl is only resisted by Heatran, and Aerodactyl, just HAPPENS to learn EQ, which just HAPPENS to be part of the quakeslide combo resisted by none except Torterra, who just HAPPENS to get hit hard by the aforementioned Fire Fang, and those just HAPPEN to be enough moves for a new set:

Jolly @ Muscle Band/Life Orb/Choice band
Max Speed/Attack, rest in HP
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Resistance? I don't see a resistance...
Nice moveset, but why not use Ice Fang instead of Fire Fang? Ice will hit everything that Fire already does super effective except steel types, which is covered by Earthquake. Ice will also hit Torterra harder.

Nice moveset, but why not use Ice Fang instead of Fire Fang? Ice will hit everything that Fire already does super effective except steel types, which is covered by Earthquake. Ice will also hit Torterra harder.
Ice makes it impossible to kill bronzong... admittedly bronzong'll eat you for breakfast, lunch and dinner anyway, but it could come in handy.

I just combined the moves that have little to no resistances Aerodactyl learns. I didn't double check because either way it's not resisted.

Forgot Bronzong. So yes, Fire > Ice.

Not every Bronzong uses the levitate ability.

Or how about this? Since Ice Fang will also deal with Dragons better then Dragon Claw will (except for Kingdra), why not swap Dragon Claw with Fire Fang? That way you still hit Torterra and dragons harder, and Bronzong can't hurt you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)