Lostprophets (1st 6th Gen RMT) by Xenoblade911

Hey ladies and gentleman boys and girls,XenoBlade911 here welcoming you to my first 6th Generation Rate My Team.For this two-week cycle I made a team that got to be pretty good,at first I thought it was a joke but it ended up perfoming really well and it got me a lot of wins.Hope you guys find it interesting.

Team's role or strategy:

Get as many hazards as I possibly can and start spamming Dragon Tail to weaken the foes so Aegislash and Heracross start rampaging toward them,most likely to knock them out.And using the opponent's moves like King's Shield to give one of my pokes a massive stat boost.And screwing over Aegislashes which are extremely common.

Closer look to the team:

DaVinci Code (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability:Own Tempo
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Spd / 4 Def
IV's: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
-Spore
-Sticky Web
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes

Now Smeargle might look downright terrible when you look at it's really subpar stats and not very useful abilities but it has an AMAZING support movepool,it gets all the moves you can possibly think off and a bit more than that.I gave him sash so I don't get always OHKO'ed and doing nothing because this thing is paper-thin.The set I run is dedicated to support the team's sweepers.Its Dual Hazards ub Stealth Rocks and Spikes.Sticky Web to put people in a sticky situation (pun intended) slowing them down and Spore to annoy any set up sweepers non grass typed.

Smeargle is still pretty useful as a lead and Stealth Rocker or many other things,heck this thing is like the MOST versatile pokemon in this game.Its versatility makes it do loads of things and lets it perform a bunch of other different roles on a team.Except being a paintbrush.

Woodra (Goodra) @ Leftovers
Ability:Gooey
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 SDef/ 4 Def
Impish Nature
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Curse
-Dragon Tail

This is a Goodra set I built when I put this guy into my team.I mainly use this as a hazard shuffler providing that Smeargle sets up hazards which he most likely will,Goodra will be a pain in the ass to knock out.I decided to use Gooey as an ability to slow down Physical attackers like Aegislash,Mega T-Tar,Scizor,etc.The set I run is RestTalk for obvious reasons.Curse to set up on Special Attackers and Dragon Tail to shuffle opponents in and out into the hazards and rack up damage from the hazards themselves which support kills that my sweepers can't quite get.

Goodra's niche on this team is to wall the crap out of Delphox,Special Mega Lucario,Mega Gengar,and all special sweepers of this game and set up on their faces with Curse with his titanic Special Defense.And it's other role is to piss opponents off when they don't pack the punch of knocking it out I can rest up and make their effords mean nothing 'cause I just healed off the damage with Rest.

SwordMaster (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

When I first started playing generation 6 I thought this thing was going to be overpowered and I was damn right.This thing is the definition of awesomeness and might in one.It's ability allows it to swap it's offensive with his defensive stats when it's on Blade form.The set I use is the standard one with Swords Dance,'cause I swear if it didn't got Swords Dance it really would not make much sense to me whatsoever,King's Shield to turn back to Shield forme and start setting up again and crippling incoming Physical Attackers,Shadow Sneak for priority and Sacred Sword for the likes of Ferrothorn,Mega Mawile,Mega Aggron,Mega Tyranitar,etc.

This guy's niche is to set up on stuff when he's on Shield form and proceed to murder everyone with Shadow Sneak at +2 which I think it's very impressive to be fairly honest.And in Shield form it takes hits really well.

Slime (Malamar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Rock Slide

Malamar is a wrecking force thanks to it's ability:Contrary.It makes so you do the opposite with stat gains,so for example I attack Aegislash when it uses King's Shield,that King's Shield will double my attack instead of halving it which sounds insane when you think about it.I like to call this guy the better version of Spinda 'cause it's WAY better.This guy serves as my Aegislash check and Ttar check 'cause I can catch Tyranitar or Aggron off guard with the Superpower.I run Superpower to raise attack and defense by 1 stage,Night Slash and Psycho Cut for STAB and Rock Slide for Talonflame,Dragonite,Noivern,Mega Charizard X or Y.

This guy can also use Sticky Web to his advantage since it will raise my speed instead of lowering it which means I have a free Choice Scarf as soon as I send it in when Sticky Web is on my side of the field I can take advantage of it.

Hera X (Heracross) (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Arm Thrust
- Pin Missile

I personally find Mega Heracross to be incredibly underrated.Sure it works a lot like Cloyster this guy can take hits well.Despite the fact that it loses it's precious Choice Scarf it doesn't really matter 'cause I run Jolly for the maximum speed.The set is Bullet Seed for Water types like Gsstrodon,Arm Thrust and Pin Missile for STAB and Rock blast for Flying types that can think they can switch-in to Heracross.

Heracross is really good for destroying Substitued with Skill Link as it's ability when it Mega Evolves.Keep in mind you get your stats on the next turn after you mega evolve.

Tongue 4 Scarf (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn​

Greninja is one of the best stallbreakers of this format.It has Proteam which means I get STAB on ALL my moves which is incredibly powerful when you think about it,I gave it Life Orb 'cause I dislike Choice Items and most Greninja carry U-Turn so what's the point of running specs?.The set I run is Dual STab in Surf and Dark Pulse along with Ice Beam to check Dragon Types and U-Turn which helps you to restore momentum for the team.

Greninja is a really poweful pokemon which can always punch holes through teams,sadly it is a bit frail so don't expect it to hate hits very well.

Conclusion:

So that's the team I built for you guys,as always hope you guys liked and if you have any tips on how to improve the team just rely below,and it's always an honor eceiving suggestions from you guys.Catch you guys later until next time! Peace!
Importable:

DaVinci Code (Smeargle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Gudra (Goodra) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

SwordMaster (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Slime (Malamar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Rock Slide

Hera X (Heracross) (M) @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Arm Thrust
- Pin Missile

Tongue 4 Scarf (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Couple major issues I see:

1.) Smeargle is easily shut down as a lead with any of the several priority taunt users out there, or even the fast ones, like the Taunt-carrying Greninja I carry. However, due to Smeargle's poor stats, his usefulness as an attacker is basically non-existent. Also, Smeargle is the obvious lead on any team that contains him, so he's usually easily countered. I don't really know what you'd replace him with though without changing the spirit of your team, since you said you rely very heavily on hazards.
2.) You do not have a single Fire-type move on the team anywhere, making it very difficult to counter many of the fire-weak threats out there such as Forretress, Scizor, and Ferrothorn.
3.) You also do not have a single electric-type move on the team, which means that Skarmory can really mess your strategy up with Defog.
4.) One of Malamar's best moves is Topsy-Turvy, which reverses any stat bonuses your opponent has used. Very useful against Weakness Policy Dragonite, Baton Pass Teams, etc. I would recommend removing Psycho Cut or Rock Slide and replacing it with Topsy Turvy.
5.) Your only special attacker is Greninja, who will off himself with Life Orb. Consider switching Goodra to a Special-attacking set (you can still keep Dragon Tail for the forced switches).
6.) You have no form of hazard removal whatsoever.
7.) Aegislash is not a reliable physical wall, as he is horribly predictable. Even Scolipede can break through Aegislash (After 1 Swords Dance, 2HKO with Earthquake in Shield Forme, 1HKO in Blade Forme). Goodra functions as a decent special wall due to high SpD base stats.

Taking the above into consideration, I would recommend the following:

Consider switching out Smeargle for Forretress.

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

This will give you a halfway decent physical wall and a form of hazard removal while still retaining the ability to lay down lots of hazards.

Also consider reworking Goodra like this:

Goodra (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Tail

This will retain your switching ability, but will add a much needed Fire-type and Electric-type move to your team, as well as making Goodra a second special powerhouse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)