ORAS UU Love Always (Mega Abomasnow Balance)

Love Always

Hey everyone Pat here ( or Cash or YKP as you know me ) bringing you my first UU RMT in celebration of my 100th post on Smogon! (only been playing PS for 4+ years so its about time) This is my current best UU team that I have. Its brought me past 1600 on ladder and into the top 10 (back when low 1600s was top 10) and has won be games in both B101 tour and the UU Auth v Non-Auth tour. Ive had a ton of fun and success using it and I was going to ladder ULT with it but Im not sure ill have the time. Hopefully someone out there can use this in their ULT run and do well with it :] now into the team.

I started out with Mega Abomasnow. Its my favorite Mega pokemon and I just always wanted to make a good team with it to show how strong it actually is.

I actually worked backwords after that. I knew that Mega Snow could beat dragons and water types so I wanted a way to lure those in so I could make doubles and get some set up opportunities with Mega Snow. Entei was perfect for this because it lures in all bulky water types and dragons.

Now at this point I realized that I had two forms of priority on this team. So I thought I need a way to wittle mons down so that my priority users can pick them off. Toxic spikes were my solution to that so I went with Tentacruel. Not only can it lay TSpikes down it can also spin away hazards for both of mons who are weak to rocks. Hazard control is always important and now I have a nice Grass/Fire/Water core to work with.

So at this point I know I need my own rocks to help with slowly damaging things for my priority users to clean. On top of that Chandy is looking like a problem and since I decided to run a spinner and not a defogger Ghosts in general are going to be annoying. So I went with Krookodile, it is a pretty fast rock setter and is has pursuit which is great for killing off ghost types that are bothering my team.
Now I really need a Dragon resist because Hydra is looking like a problem for me. I also cant beat Suicune if Mega Snow gets burnt so I could really use a heal beller or aroma user. Thats where Florges comes in. Dragon switch in and aroma user to support the team. I originally had wish passer Florges but Christo suggested that I run CM as another win con so I changed it to that and its been working very well for me.
Okay so at this point I look at the team and its slow. I hate slow teams. I have the priority to make up for it but still the team is just slow. Krook is my fastest mon at just over 300 speed. So I wanted an OTR user. I thought having one OTR user on this team would be really beneficial in patching up the slowness. I didnt want to use Hoopa because it dies to Doublades shadow sneak which is bad. OTR Reuniclus was my choice. It dents huge holes in teams and can really weaken things for my priority users to win the game or it can just win the game itself. TR is also super helpful because my other mons can benefit from it from time to time as well.

Now we have the sets!!

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Att / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

So we have your standard OTR Runiclus. Life Orb obviously because it gives us extra power and we dont get the recoil thanks to the wonderful ability Magic Guard. Running max HP and Max Special Attack so we can be bulky while still hitting as hard as possible. Quiet Nature because we dont need the speed and we are no IVs in speed or attack to be as slow as possible and take as little damage as we can from foul play. The move pool is very standard. Trick Room obviously then we have Shadow Ball and Focus Blast for coverage. I like Psychic better than Psyshock, I just think its more useful overall and hitting things on the defensive side isnt really important to us. So Reuniclus's roll on the team is to be a wall breaker most games and to weaken or kill as many mons as possible when it sets up. Some games it can be used as a sweeper, you just have to make that decision based off team preview.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy​

So now Florges. Pretty standard leftovers Max Hp and Max Def version. I creep speed but I never post my creeps so just creep whatever you want hah beside that every standard everything. Calm Mind so we can set up and blow people away with Moonblast which is our STAB move of choice. Synthesis is to let us heal while we set up and Aromatherapy is to heal all of the team from any status that may have happened though out the game. So Florges' goal on the team is a bit of a support role but its also a win con if the opponent isnt ready for it or lets their fairy resists die.

Krookodile (M) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock​

Krookodile is the next member of the team. I like to run the Intimidate Dread Plate variant. Intimidate is a great ability and always helps versus all physical threats. I like Dread Plate because it allows for stronger Knock Offs and Pursuits. It can actually kill Helioisk with pursuit if you have Dread Plate. Im running Max Speed and Max Att Jolly. To be as fast as possible while still hitting very hard. The move set is pretty standard. Knock Off is a great attack just in general, getting rid of something item is almost always beneficial. Pursuit is to kill any ghosts or psychic types, as well as just hitting anything hard if you need damage on it. Earthquake is just a powerful STAB move and ground is a very good offensive type currently. Then last we have rocks to weaken the other team, hazards are always good. Krookodile has pretty simple role on the team, get up hazards and pursuit things that need to die. It can get off good damage and spam knock off to hurt other teams as well.

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off​

Defensive Tentacruel is the choice for this team. Black Sludge to give us some recovery every turn since we have none other wise. Liquid Ooze is actually a great ability, helps us beat Chestnaut and more importantly its good for catching Sluffpuffs who are trying to use Drain Punch since it will hurt them and put them into priority range. Pretty standard EV spread. I am running Toxic Spikes because they greatly benefit this team and help us wear down opposing mons. Rapid spin is out hazard control because we dont want hazards up wearing out team down. Scald is just a very spammable move that helps when you are tying to get a burn on something. Knock off is our last move because it hits ghosts and psychic types hard and those are normally the switch ins for Tenta. Tentacruel has a pretty straight forward roll as well. Its purpose is it lay Toxic Spikes down and keep hazards off our side of the field.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge​

Choice Band Entei is a mon I know everyone is familiar with. Adamant Max Attack Max Speed so that we can run Espeed. Move set is very standard. Sacred Fire is a great move, very easy to spam but it has low PP so be careful with that. Flare Blitz is out other fire STAB, it cant miss and is more powerful but it has recoil so watch the damage you are doing to yourself. Espeed is our priority move, +2 priority which can be useful. Hits every hard an is good for cleaning up low mons. Stone Edge is the last move, its honestly only to hit Chandy with because it walls the best of the set. Entei has a versatile role of the team. Sometimes it needs wall break and other times it needs to clean, you have to base that decision off your game plan and team preview.

Abomasnow (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake​

Last we have Mega Abomasnow. I am running the Swords Dance set because I think its the most effective in the current meta. Sound Proof is good sometimes if you are trying to avoid hyper voices or boombursts so I use that before I mega. Mega Snow is slow and dont run any speed on it but you could make an argument for running some speed on it. Im running Max HP and Max Att adamant to do as much damage as possible. Swords Dance is the set up move to boost our sweeping ability. Ice Shard is is our STAB priority that can help pick off weakened things or kill faster mons. Seed Bomb is our Grass STAB, I use it over wood hammer because I dont want to take the recoil damage. Earthquke hits what resists our STABs and is good from weakening our checks and counters. Mega Snow is like Entei in that it can either wall break or sweep. You have to make those choices after looking at your opponents team.

So thats the whole team! I really hope you guys try it and win some games with it. I think its a good offensive balance team that ive really enjoyed building and playing so I hope you all enjoy as well :]

There are going to be literally so many of these so I am sorry if I dont put you in but everyone Ive spoken with on PS over the years, most of you are great and dont think I forgot any of you.

UU Community - DMT Thisbemyalt thymetime NV LeoLancaster teal6 LilOu iplaytennislol gobosox YABO Ice Tea King UU IronBullet You guys are all great and thanks a lot for helping me get into UU as a whole.

Shiba - Thanks for being a really cool guy and taking to me about all weird sets and stuff. You have been extremely nice to me and always supported everything ive tried to do in the community.

DaSpoofy - You were my first real UU friend. You always talked to me about UU stuff when I was totally unknown to everyone. And I consider you one of my best UU friends now.

Bouffalant - My tutor, how could I not shout you out. Thanks for talking to me on skype and helping me refine my team building. Thanks to most for getting me into the smogon community, I never would have made it to 100 posts without you hah

Christo The Gr8 - You were the one who originally taught me UU for B101 so I owe you the most thanks. Thanks for always discussing teams with me and helping me with whatever I need. Ill be sure to shout you out when I become the greatest UU player of all time :]

OM Shout outs - These are going to be some special ones for my better friends on Smogon even though you guys dont play UU hah

The Immortal I dont really know if we are exactly friends hah but I feel like Ive known you forever and you def deserve a shoutout for all the hard work you put into PS. Also we won OMPL so thats something hah

Eevee General Eevee you were always a super nice guy and I always enjoyed our conversations

manu 11 Manu Ive known you forever too. We always had fun in OMs messing around in chat and stuff, youre a really nice guy.

unfixable Great OM user hah always a really nice guy to talk to

w0rd I know you dont play anymore but I miss you dude. You were always such a nice guy even when I would hl you 100 times a day. and we used to play each other in every single randbat tour finals hah those were the days. We also won OMPL, so undie

Piccolo Daimao Uselesscrab Im putting you guys together hah I remember when you were both just normal users in OMs and now you are both mods so thats awesome and Im so proud of you guys. Keep it up, youre both great

TheCommadore Kl4ng Adrian Marin Lcass4919 The original BH players, Ive spent so much time talking to you all over the years. Making teams, hours of theory crafting, smashing each other on ladder. You guys are all awesome and all my best PS memories are with you all

E4 Flint Last but not least Flint. You have always been my best friend on here. Ive known you forever and its awesome that we still stay in touch. You taught me OMs and helped me become as good as I was. Without you I might have quit PS who knows but thanks for being a great friend. Ive had a lot of fun over the years

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Abomasnow (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off

Krookodile (M) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Attachments

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok Cash, this is a solid looking team, but I feel like there is a little bit of room for "improvement" so here we go!
  • First off, I suggest Acid Spray / Haze > Knock Off on Tentacruel as you want to preserve Krookodile's Knock Off to be as strong as possible as once you use Knock Off, that tends to become the switchin for predicted Knock Offs for the remainder of the fight. Another reason why I say Acid Spray / Haze is so Tentacruel doesn't become setup bait for CM RoarCune and bulky sweepers that do not mind Scald burns (see Reuniclus, Snorlax, etc.)
  • Next up, I feel like OTR Hoopa > OTR Reuniclus is a solid choice as you have a hard check to Dark-types in Florges while also having Krookodile to Pursuit trap and wear down the opponent. I also feel like Hoopa adds some speed for when it is outside of Trick Room as it seems this team is lacking even with priority as the fastest mon on this team is Krookodile at 311 (as you pointed out in the Teambuilding Process).
Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Other than that, I really like this team as even though it is slow, it makes up for it with a way to screw over offense with an OTR mon as well as having priority. I hope you enjoy my rate! :)

Ok Cash, this is a solid looking team, but I feel like there is a little bit of room for "improvement" so here we go!
  • First off, I suggest Acid Spray / Haze > Knock Off on Tentacruel as you want to preserve Krookodile's Knock Off to be as strong as possible as once you use Knock Off, that tends to become the switchin for predicted Knock Offs for the remainder of the fight. Another reason why I say Acid Spray / Haze is so Tentacruel doesn't become setup bait for CM RoarCune and bulky sweepers that do not mind Scald burns (see Reuniclus, Snorlax, etc.)
  • Next up, I feel like OTR Hoopa > OTR Reuniclus is a solid choice as you have a hard check to Dark-types in Florges while also having Krookodile to Pursuit trap and wear down the opponent. I also feel like Hoopa adds some speed for when it is outside of Trick Room as it seems this team is lacking even with priority as the fastest mon on this team is Krookodile at 311 (as you pointed out in the Teambuilding Process).
Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Other than that, I really like this team as even though it is slow, it makes up for it with a way to screw over offense with an OTR mon as well as having priority. I hope you enjoy my rate! :)
Thanks for the rate man. The tentacruel set could be changed probably. The reason im running knock off is to catch Hoopas on the switch. Its the same reason im impish and not bold.

0 Atk Tentacruel Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hoopa: 316-372 (86.8 - 102.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Sub Hoopa literally destroys my team and I lose a mon everytime if it subs. But that is very situational so haze or acid spray are definitely good options and ill try them out. I think i had acid spray at first but then Hoopa got released and everyone was using that thing so i changed it hah

So Christo has also been suggesting OTR Hoopa over Reuni and I agree with you guys in that Hoopa is definitely a better/stronger mon overall and has a ton of traits that make it better then Reuni. The problem for this team is that I am super weak to Doublade..

252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hoopa: 384-456 (105.4 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Reuniclus: 284-336 (66.9 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Doublade Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Reuniclus: 320-380 (75.4 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I need to be able to take one hit so I can kill Doublade back with shadow ball (after a little prior dmg)
252+ SpA Life Orb Reuniclus Shadow Ball vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 286-338 (89.6 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

If you saw my game vs YABO there was a turn (Turn 14) where I pursuited the Doublade and everyone basically said it was a bad play because I could have knocked off but the reason I went for pursuit is I needed the damage to guarantee shadow ball killing him so it was my safest play overall. It eventually came down to a 50/50 but I would have 100% lost that game if i was running Hoopa. That scenario comes up a lot actually with Doublade being pretty common so I need Reuni to patch up that weakness a bit.

But thanks for the input, Ill try out acid spray and haze again and see what move I like best in that slot.

Reactions: nv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)