NOC Lover's Dance: Engagement Party Game Thread (Mafia win)

ZippyDoo200

Banned deucer.
This game was suuuuuuuuuuuper fun especially during pre dance.

Had to start slanking because I did slip multiple times to Psy in DMs and the way the whole game was moving implied me and Celeber.

Ugly victory, fun gamez

Also the main reason
his sheet has taken a hard backseat.
The main reason for this is that towards the end, I kinda felt like I had fallen behind on putting stuff on the sheet so I wasn't as comfortable using it that much.
I mean sure but even then using this game as the example I directly scumread pulsar after the pre-dance. I was wrong, but I still did lol.

All this is to say that I guess I don’t trust your sheet sorry :wo:
Also this happened.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Poetic victory.

If Psy and Ehmcee wouldve engaged with Neon normally, it wouldve been GG. This game really showed the dark side of policy lynching wel.

Neon, pleasure playing with you. The people here suck as people and as mafia players, so dont worry too much about what they say and keep marching forward.
We discussed this in scumchat briefly but I maintain the real lesson regarding policy / LHF voting is with skipper and pulsar. I think skipper was well within his town meta, and pulsar is still sniffing her meta out, her first two games were similar to each other but since then the games have all felt quite distinct. We sent them way too hastily writing them off as unsolvable when I think both are quite solvable and may well have had good reads (in fact skipper did have good reads this game).

Neon destroyed all his good will by meming in the late game. Mafia isn’t a debate, and emotions play a role. I built up a bunch of emotional town cred in the mid-late game but very little objective town cred which is why LS was so sure I was scum bc I wasn’t try to mist her I was trying to mist Psy and Ehmcee as our wincon. Neon OTOH built up a bunch of emotional scum cred even though is his most contributory game yet. Resultantly I don’t think it makes sense to blame town for being affected by Neon’s play.

Which also isn’t to advocate for Neon to be game banned or whatever, but Neon doing what he did is part of why we won. It would have been way harder to send him if he didn’t blow up his good will.

Poetic victory.

If Psy and Ehmcee wouldve engaged with Neon normally, it wouldve been GG. This game really showed the dark side of policy lynching wel.

Neon, pleasure playing with you. The people here suck as people and as mafia players, so dont worry too much about what they say and keep marching forward.
We're all just here to play mafia and have fun, not sure why you feel the need to say we suck "as people and as mafia players." You havent played many games and don't know the people outside of game, so not sure how you can judge others so quickly and feel the need to say it out loud. A lot of players have been playing for 5+ years and although some of the newer players are less experienced they have a lot of potential. Honestly it's pretty offensive to say that we're just trash human beings and players...

I didn't read the game but if Neon was actively playing to be detrimental to town then I don't think we should encourage that behavior, if he's just being carefree/hard to read then sure I guess your point is valid. But I can empathize with people who are playing seriously and aren't having fun playing with somebody who seems to be trolling, so I don't think we should undermine their thoughts by saying they "suck as mafia players" and encourage someone to continue problematic behavior.
This game was suuuuuuuuuuuper fun especially during pre dance.

Had to start slanking because I did slip multiple times to Psy in DMs and the way the whole game was moving implied me and Celeber.

Ugly victory, fun gamez
Out of game contact? What does slipping in DMs mean...?

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
Both sides played well imo, let's try not make this toxic in the end when it doesn't need to be. I think the players in general have come a long way and everyone here, especially the newer players are much improved since when you first started!
im definitely a bit disappointed in my own play but its fine tbh

Poetic victory.

if neon engaged with the game normally, then we mightve had a different story. this game really showed the dark side of people joining games just to bullshit and mess with other people because they think antagonizing people and being an irritant everywhere they go is funny

Poetic victory.

Ok man you won one game, let’s calm down and relax before calling everyone trash.

like how is anyone supposed to "normally" engage with this. your defending of him is part of the problem and just enables him to continue signing up and screwing with everyone and i dont think thats something that we as a community should facilitate to be frank
psy i feel you dude and totally get your frustration. i think this is just one of those things where playing in a small community like this is going to amplify issues with maturity/detrimental play. small playerbase means that you play with the same people again and again and while that has its positives it also means you have to interact with difficult personalities more often. I am hesitant to advocate hitting people with the ban hammer unless someone is throwing out threats/slurs and/or totally not trying to play at all which I'm not sure this quite rises to.

i actually thought neon played mafia more compared to previous games...if that means anything. i am not really sure what is a good line to draw for poor behavior. the thing is that internet mafia is so totally meaningless - we're playing for fun and maybe to get better. unless someone has a total lack of interest in playing and is actively just trolling/hostile i think you really just have to take the bad with the good. everyone has bad moments that they grow and mature from. I know I have. At least that's the hope...

ZippyDoo200

Banned deucer.
like how is anyone supposed to "normally" engage with this. your defending of him is part of the problem and just enables him to continue signing up and screwing with everyone and i dont think thats something that we as a community should facilitate to be frank
How is me defending him hurting the situation? i think its the opposite actually

why is neon posting stuff that pisses people off? For attention. Why does he want attention? well we dont know but if he wants it we should give it to him since it sucks to be ignored.

Someone who is already ostracized by the community. You dont bring them into the community by shitting on them more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)