move 2: Counter
move 3: Close Combat
move 4: Stealth Rock / Endeavor / Swords Dance
item: Focus Sash
ability: Tough Claws
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Lycanroc-D is one of the best Focus Sash users in the Isle of Armor metagame due to its access to all of Counter, Endeavor, Stealth Rock, and a unique STAB priority move.

* Accelerock allows Lycanroc-D to effectively pick off weakened targets and has great coverage against Fire-type sweepers such as Cinderace, Volcarona, and Charizard.

* Counter allows Lycanroc-D to successfully beat Cinderace, Gyarados, and other physical Dynamax sweepers, which are most likely to run all-out attacking sets and get KOed after taking a Counter. This set almost requires Focus Sash to remain intact, so be wary of Lycanroc-D taking residual damage if the opponent still has physical sweepers in play.

* Close Combat allows Lycanroc-D to hit Ferrothorn and many other Steel-types harder than its STAB coverage, and gets a Tough Claws boost, unlike many of its higher-Base Power STAB moves.

* Stealth Rock allows Lycanroc-D to support sweepers on its team, helping break opposing Focus Sash and weakening opposing Cinderace and Lapras.

* Endeavor allows Lycanroc-D to also defeat many special attackers one-on-one, but be wary of Dynamaxed foes, which will only go to half health if Lycanroc is put to 1 HP.

* Swords Dance allows Lycanroc-D to become less passive and punishes opponents that try to play around its somewhat predictable Focus Sash strategies.

* Rock Tomb can be used to provide speed control for incoming sweepers, allowing the likes of Togekiss and Gyarados to outspeed many threats to their sweep, such as Dragapult and Choice Scarf Dracozolt.

Team Options
===========

Lycanroc-D works great with Pokemon that appreciate Stealth Rock support, particularly Dynamax sweepers. It also works great with Grass-types, which appreciate its ability to weaken or beat Fire-type attackers and in return provide Lycanroc protection against Water- and Ground-types.

* Dynamax Sweepers: :cinderace: :gyarados: :togekiss: :dragapult: :dracozolt: :mimikyu: :urshifu:

* Grass-type Teammates: :rillaboom: :amoonguss: :ferrothorn: :rotom-mow:

Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
A few grammar nitpicks but in the Counter section "successful" should be "successfully", and I'd probably replace "die" with being KOed. Also "Lycanrock" is misspelled in the Stealth Rock sentence.

Discussed it a bit with greilmercenary9 but I think Close Combat is probably the move that should get its own slot and not Stealth Rock, and that Stone Edge might be just a set mention rather than a slashed move.

Greilmercenary Today at 7:11 PM
I think the main set should be Accel + Counter + CC + Rocks/Endeavor/SD (SD could even be OO)
I think this is probably closer to what I think about Lycanroc's set, at the moment the set kinda gives the impression that the appeal is its role as a fast Rock setter with strong priority, but I think being one of the more versatile Sash/Counter mons is probably more notable than the Stealth Rock part. Obviously the priority is a huge deal regardless.

Tough Claws Close Combat is also slightly stronger than STAB Stone Edge at neutral (156 BP CC vs 150 BP Stone Edge) and also more accurate. Stone Edge does make for a better Max move but since the Sash Counter Accelrock stuff is a significant part of the appeal I don't think it will have the opportunity to Dynamax often, since it's often supporting something else that will Dynamax. CC usage is about 70% at the moment according to early cart stats while Stone Edge is sitting down at about 12%, though I know PS stats show a more even split at around 50/50 so more discussion here would be appreciated.

Don't have any major complaints otherwise though, I actually like the sound of Rock Tomb but it has such little usage that maybe it's not something to get a main slash just yet.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
A few grammar nitpicks but in the Counter section "successful" should be "successfully", and I'd probably replace "die" with being KOed. Also "Lycanrock" is misspelled in the Stealth Rock sentence.

Discussed it a bit with greilmercenary9 but I think Close Combat is probably the move that should get its own slot and not Stealth Rock, and that Stone Edge might be just a set mention rather than a slashed move.

I think this is probably closer to what I think about Lycanroc's set, at the moment the set kinda gives the impression that the appeal is its role as a fast Rock setter with strong priority, but I think being one of the more versatile Sash/Counter mons is probably more notable than the Stealth Rock part. Obviously the priority is a huge deal regardless.

Tough Claws Close Combat is also slightly stronger than STAB Stone Edge at neutral (156 BP CC vs 150 BP Stone Edge) and also more accurate. Stone Edge does make for a better Max move but since the Sash Counter Accelrock stuff is a significant part of the appeal I don't think it will have the opportunity to Dynamax often, since it's often supporting something else that will Dynamax. CC usage is about 70% at the moment according to early cart stats while Stone Edge is sitting down at about 12%, though I know PS stats show a more even split at around 50/50 so more discussion here would be appreciated.

Don't have any major complaints otherwise though, I actually like the sound of Rock Tomb but it has such little usage that maybe it's not something to get a main slash just yet.
done, ty for the check

Psynergy already basically already said my input, but I guess given that I should at least give an actual check since it's been discussed and implemented and already included my feedback anyway lol. I double checked with Psynergy since the above post didn't have a confirmed QC stamp on it, but since the recommended changes were implemented he confirmed his own QC 1/2.

And then from me we've got: QC 2/2.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
[SET]
name: Sash Counter Lead (too cluttered, use any of "Lead", "Focus Sash", or "Focus Sash + Counter" if you must)
move 1: Accelerock
move 4: Stealth Rock / Endeavor / Swords Dance (spacing)

[SET COMMENTS]

* Lycanroc-Dusk Lycanroc-D is one of the best Focus Sash users in the Isle of Armor metagame due to its access to both all of Counter, (AC) and Endeavor, and a fantastic priority move, and as well as the ability to also both threaten both serious damage and set up Stealth Rock setting.

* Accelerock allows Lycanroc-D to effectively pick off weakened opponents targets and has great coverage against Fire-type sweepers such as Cinderace, Volcarona, and Charizard.

* Counter allows it Lycanroc-D to successfully beat Cinderace, Gyarados, (AC) and other physical Dynamax physical sweepers, who which are most likely to run all-out (AH) attacking sets and get KOed after being countered taking a Counter. This set almost requires Focus Sash to remain intact, so be wary of Lycanroc-D taking residual damage if they still have the opponent still has physical sweepers in play.

* Close Combat allows Lycanroc-D to hit Ferrothorn and many other Steel-type harder that than its STAB coverage (RC) and gets a Tough Claws boost, unlike much many of its higher-Base (AH) Power STAB moves.

* Stealth Rock allows Lycanrock Lycanroc-D to support sweepers on its team, helping break opposing Focus Sash and weakens weakening opposing Cinderace and Lapras.

* Endeavor allows Lycanroc-D to also defeat many special attackers one vs. one one-on-one, but be wary of Dynamaxed foes, which will only go to half health if Lycanroc is put to 1 HP.

* Swords Dance allows Lycanroc-D to become less passive and punishes opponents that try to play around Lycanroc's its somewhat predictable Focus Sash strategies.

* Rock Tomb can be used to provide speed control for incoming sweepers, allowing the likes of Togekiss and Gyarados to outspeed many threats to their sweep, such as Dragapult and Choice Scarf Dracozolt.

Team Options
===========

Lycanroc-D works great with Pokemon that appreciate Stealth Rock support, particularly Dynamax sweepers. It also works great with Grass-types, who which appreciate Lycanroc's its ability to weaken or beat Fire-type attackers (RC) and in return provide Lycanroc protection against Water- and Ground-types.

* Dynamax Sweepers: :cinderace: :gyarados: :togekiss: :dragapult: :dracozolt: :mimikyu: :urshifu:

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/1
[SET]
name: Sash Counter Lead (too cluttered, use any of "Lead", "Focus Sash", or "Focus Sash + Counter" if you must)
move 1: Accelerock
move 4: Stealth Rock / Endeavor / Swords Dance (spacing)

[SET COMMENTS]

* Lycanroc-Dusk Lycanroc-D is one of the best Focus Sash users in the Isle of Armor metagame due to its access to both all of Counter, (AC) and Endeavor, and a fantastic priority move, and as well as the ability to also both threaten both serious damage and set up Stealth Rock setting.

* Accelerock allows Lycanroc-D to effectively pick off weakened opponents targets and has great coverage against Fire-type sweepers such as Cinderace, Volcarona, and Charizard.

* Counter allows it Lycanroc-D to successfully beat Cinderace, Gyarados, (AC) and other physical Dynamax physical sweepers, who which are most likely to run all-out (AH) attacking sets and get KOed after being countered taking a Counter. This set almost requires Focus Sash to remain intact, so be wary of Lycanroc-D taking residual damage if they still have the opponent still has physical sweepers in play.

* Close Combat allows Lycanroc-D to hit Ferrothorn and many other Steel-type harder that than its STAB coverage (RC) and gets a Tough Claws boost, unlike much many of its higher-Base (AH) Power STAB moves.

* Stealth Rock allows Lycanrock Lycanroc-D to support sweepers on its team, helping break opposing Focus Sash and weakens weakening opposing Cinderace and Lapras.

* Endeavor allows Lycanroc-D to also defeat many special attackers one vs. one one-on-one, but be wary of Dynamaxed foes, which will only go to half health if Lycanroc is put to 1 HP.

* Swords Dance allows Lycanroc-D to become less passive and punishes opponents that try to play around Lycanroc's its somewhat predictable Focus Sash strategies.

Team Options
===========

Lycanroc-D works great with Pokemon that appreciate Stealth Rock support, particularly Dynamax sweepers. It also works great with Grass-types, who which appreciate Lycanroc's its ability to weaken or beat Fire-type attackers (RC) and in return provide Lycanroc protection against Water- and Ground-types.

I took the liberty of editing the opening bullet: it was large and clunky on second look. It now reads as such:

* Lycanroc-D is one of the best Focus Sash users in the Isle of Armor metagame due to its access to all of Counter, Endeavor, Stealth Rock and a unique STAB priority move.

Let me know if this works, the rest has been implemented! Thank you again.

comma after Stealth Rock, then good--tdp

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)