Marvel v Capcom 3 discussion

I am now liking Morrigan a LOT after seeing what she can do with her shadow illusion thing. The assist is just amazing as it's incredibly hard to catch her (it's fast), and it just gives you so much meter to play with, you can fire supers off out of your ears.

But really, her shadow hyper is just... unbelievable. Watch the Morrigan matches here to see what I mean, fireballs coming from both sides of the opponents is just a complete nightmare, and I think unblockable?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/feb/18/part-1-replay-wnf-mvc3-tournament-level/

Just about convinced myself to not buy this game in the name of food, but I ended up getting this and looking at the prospect of starvation instead.

Currently using Ryu / Iron Man / Sentinel, which is working pretty well, but Akuma, Doom, Wesker and Magneto are all contenders tbh.

Really like the entire feel of the game tbh, while I'm no pro, it's been very easy to pick up and transition into very nicely.

Best £40 I've spent in a long time.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
change of team, took Wesker out of mine to replace him with Arthur, yeah, spamming daggers is a good assist and he holds his own :P

did mostly unranked and a couple of ranked matches as well, quite the fun game although I did have one ragequitter after arthur reverse OCV'd him, poor guy jumping into daggers and setting up easy links into goddess bracelet XD

so Spencer/Dormammu/Arthur it is now :P

Played the shit out of this last night. I beat all of Chris and Wolverine's missions. I feel so pro. (Hint: for Logan's final mission activate Berserker Charge before the combo. Makes it a million times easier.)

If they're so deadset on shoving RE5 chars down our throats they should have given us Sheva instead. At least she'd add some diversity to the cast and some class with her accent.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ARRRRRGH!
Looks like the best fighting game EVAR, but I just bought a new ipod so i cant buy it ;o;

*thinks of resorting to robbery*
nvm....

My friends all got it and I played for about half an hour. I used to play some fighting games competitively but I swore it off because it caused me to just get really frustrated. Here I am looking at this and wanting to play it but knowing that I will hate myself if I do...

Ugh....

That said, Amaterasu was one of the most fun characters I have played in a fighting game. I am definitely considering getting the game just for the doggy.

Even though I've never played a fighting game before, I want to get this game for the pure spectacle of it -- plus I've heard it's easy for beginners to get into.

While I wait until I can get a chance to visit my local Gamestop, anyone have some sweet vids to share? I'd like to see some awesome matches to tide me over!

I'm getting so annoyed with the matchmaking system. I keep getting set up with guys who have 60 wins and 10 losses. >:C

so there's this Play N Trade tournament this Saturday i'm probably going to be entering, and I think I'm going to want my main strategy to be Dark Phoenix buildup. what i've been doing right now is leading with Viewtiful Joe and rushing in with his aerial combos while continuously using Amaterasu's Bloom or Morrigan's Dark Harmonizer assist until I hit level 5, sending in Phoenix and X-Factoring when she becomes Dark Phoenix. Viewtiful Joe's been working okay for me, but his extremely short range leaves me open pretty often. any good alternatives for a replacement? should i switch to a keepaway character like Deadpool so my assists will be safer?

considering you already have morrigan/ammy & phoenix a good keep away or bulkier jack-of-all-trades might work better

try doom, magneto, or iron man

i went through Arcade mode with Dormammu and had a blast, but haven't had much luck online. it's hard for me to build meter with him and Arthur, too, and M.O.D.O.K. is just really awkward for me all-around.

i've been checking out Zero. would he be any good for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)