Other Me is loafing around.

The Origin of the Team: My favorite Pokémon, with which I identify myself the most, is, of course, Slaking. He is lazy, with his ability Truant, which causes him to do absolutely nothing on the next turn, rendering it unusable until he can move again. However, Slaking can be a great killing machine when you have that skill bypassing it with something that does not cause you much debuff, or even some ability that increases your status, which makes Slaking a great source of damage, and with his considerable amount of life and defense, a great obstacle. That's why a team assembled around him and his good set of moves proved to be ideal for me (Note: I'm new to the world of competitive pokémon, so do not take it badly and do not curse me if I have not made a good composition, I even ask for help in this thread to those who have the easiest set up teams, to help me improve my team focused on Slaking. Also, check out grammatical errors, I posted using my knowledge of English + Google Translate).

--- Here is the Team ---

Me (Slaking) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Truant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Bulk Up
- Pursuit
- Curse

Slaking is the pokémon that defers the base damage of the team, having great power of attack, Slaking can cause much damage to characters with a little high HP, or high defense. Using a Bulk Up + Facade moveset, in conjunction with Flame Orb, which causes burn and allows the Facade to deal a lot of damage, Slaking builds as the greatest damage to the team. The Curse can be an offensive move, as a defensive one, preventing opponent's Trick Rooms by slowing down the Pokémon enough to continue going first in turns. Pursuit is an optional move to prevent the targets from leaving the field and take a large amount of damage due to the Pursuit buff with the opposing switch.

Wee Woo (Wigglytuff) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Focus Punch
- Disable

Serving as support to heal Pokémon allied with his Wish, Wigglytuff was the pokémon of my choice to fill the gap of a defensive mount. With a considerable life and the Frisk ability, Wigglytuff helps me to identify the opponent's Pokémon items. Disable and Toxic serve to give pokes, distributing negative status to opponent Pokémon, and can disable Spikes or other Entry Hazards after first use, for example. Focus Punch serves as damage, to cover the lack of real Wigglytuff damage on this chosen set.

Good Mummy (Cofagrigus) @ Eject Button
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Toxic Spikes
- Hex
- Magic Coat

With his Mummy ability and his Eject Button, Cofagrigus is responsible for causing Slaking to lose his initial ability. Thus, Cofagrigus spreads, along with Slaking, his ability as a complete plague, disabling the abilities of other Pokémon opponents, like a Beast Boost or a Moxie, that will become Mummy with the contact of Cofagrigus or other Pokémon that has that ability. However, Cofagrigus takes a lot of Ghost damage, so the Calm Mind + Hex set is there to cover damage done by your type and deal immense damage to opponent Pokemon that has more buffs than my beloved mummy.

Punch Out U Turn (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Agility
- Drain Punch
- Frustration

Lopunny-Mega with Fake Out. Only these words already explain the reason of this Pokémon in the team. With his Scrappy, Lopunny's Fake Out can leave ghost pokémons without a turn, which can be good for a future Cofragigus set or to deliver a Drain Punch soon after. Agility assists the speed of the Pokémon (which is already very high), making Lopunny another source of viable damage against enemies. Frustration is an optional move, to fill the damage gap. Because it was a great deal of damage, Frustation was an option I found ideal for completing Lopunny's moveset.

Barbsy Barbs (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Ferrothorn serves as my Spike + Stealth Rock combo. With a great defense, Ferrothorn can take some turns on the field, while his Leech Seed covers both the damage Ferrothorn normally does not have with the above combo (because it's Entry Hazard stuff), healing it while causing damage to the enemy. Gyro Ball is the solution to deal with enemies much faster than Ferrothorn, combining their relatively high attack status with the base power bonus coming from their low speed (Gyro Ball). Thus, Ferrothorn can remove a Diancie (which is a great cause of damage, in addition to its great speed) of the field easily with only one or two Gyro Ball.

Glass Cannon (Greninja) (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Acrobatics
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

My glass cannon, Greninja, is used with your Protean + Expert Belt to deal large amounts of damage per turn while trading your own type. Acrobatics serving as a simple "poke" to make Greninja a flying type and allow it to escape Ground, Ice type attacks to inflict large amounts of grass damage, as well as Poison type Gunk Shot, to prevent future Poison damage type Thus, Greninja can be used to supply the damage that Slaking would not cause to Pokémon with a great physical defense that surpass its conditions of attack.

just based off the team and context, this should be in the OU format, but this wouldn't even pass as one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)