ORAS Ubers Mega Lucario Ubers

• Lucario-Mega
  • Wobbuffet
  • Xerneas
  • Groudon-Primal
  • Lugia
  • Latias
Introduction

I have been playing Ubers with standard teams for quite some time. Now, I want to try my hand at making a team. This is the first team I am making out of scratch. I wanted to make a team around Mega-Lucario.

So, here it is...

The Team

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail

This is the standard Mega-Lucario set. Close Combat and Iron Tail are the main STAB moves while 2x STAB Bullet Punch allows to give heavy priority hits. Justified enables switching into a Dark-type move for a free attack boost. Otherwise, Swords dance provides the necessary boost.

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Destiny Bond

This is pretty much the only set for Wobbuffet and is quite self-explanatory. I am not sure whether to use Destiny Bond or Safe Guard in the last slot.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Geomancy
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast

Fairy Aura Geomancy STAB Moonblast deals heavy damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Leftovers and Rest increases Xerneas' longevity considerably allowing it to use Aromatherapy when necessary. Aromatherapy is essential since Lucario and Lugia are especially crippled by status. Sleep Talk prevents it from being completely useless after Rest. It also acts as an effective counter for Darkrai.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Primal-Groudon mainly acts as the Stealth Rock user while paralysing setup sweepers. Precipice Blades is the main STAB move. Rock Slide fits well with Thunder Wave to give a few free hits. It also covers most Ground-immune pokemon.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Lugia is obviously the Wall of the team. Toxic and Whirlwind along with the Stealth Rock by Groudon allows to deal damage while stalling with Roost. Leftovers and Multiscale also helps to consideraby increase Lugia's longevity. Ice beam is used against predicted switches such as Mega Salamence and Rayquaza or, in case of a Taunt.

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 238 HP / 252 Def / 18 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Provides defogging and checks Ho-oh. Recover many-a-times allows it to outlive toxic-affected sweepers

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter
- Destiny Bond

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Shiny: Yes
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Geomancy
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Conclusion

The main thing I wish to improve is the role of Latias. Blissey can act a replacement for Latias while also being an effective wall. However, I cannot think of another place for Defog in the team. Another important thing is finding a way to effectively counter Mega-Gengar.

I am quite new this. So, feel free to point out any mistakes in my logic, and of course, give your suggestions.

Thank you for your time.:heart:

• Changed Latias to Arceus Water according to suggestion by Miyoka and Arii Stella
  • Replaced Xerneas' Aromatherapy with Geomancy according to suggestion by Miyoka and Arii Stella
  • Applied EV spreads suggested by Miyoka for Xerneas, Lugia and Primal Groudon

Last edited:
Haii.

Imo Your team seems bulky in paper but you still need to check some threats and fix some sets, let me help ya :)

Xerneas :

Bulky Xern > RestTalk GeoXern : You don't really need un Cleric for this team, Pdon absorbs WoW and Twave, M-Luke and RestTalk GeoXern absorb Toxic, and you need a answer to Darkrai and a strong Special Attacker. RestTalk GeoXern is both bulky and strong, and helps to clean the game when big threats are gone (Pdon, Ho-Oh ect).
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast

Primal-Groudon :

Full Def Pdon > Full SpDef Pdon w/ Roar : Helps your team to check GeoXern, and tanks other threats like Latias, Mega-Gengar and Special Sweepers. Other change you can do is Lava Plume + Roar, to burn physical mons and phaze setup sweepers like GeoXern and Mega-Salamence respectively.
Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Lugia :

Just change the spread to "EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD", you don't need speed.

Latias :

Latias > Waterceus : Better than Latias if you want a Defogger, and fit perfectly with your team. +18 in Speed allow you to outspeed base 90 with Max EVs (Zekrom, Pdon ect). Also checks Ho-Oh, the biggest threat of your team imo.

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

With those changes you can deal with almost threats. Hope i helped you ^^

Heya~ I like the core of Mega Lucario + Wobbuffet, it looks pretty interesting but you should definitely try Safeguard over Destiny Bond, as it gives you a free set up versus Klefki, allowing Mega Luke to get a SD. And as you know, Mega Luke at +2 is a monster since it can OHKO nearly everything.
The team has some weakness, one of which is
, which is an absolute nightmare for this team. The only Pokémon that can tank its moves is
, but Lugia hates status and if it gets burned by Sacred Fire after losing its ability Multiscale it won't help you as much in the rest of your match. I'm recommending Arceus-Water (I got sniped tho;~;) but the set I suggest has Jugdment/Ice Beam/Toxic/Recover, which helps a lot versus threats like Ho-Oh, Mega Salamence, Rayquaza and even Primal Groudon.
The next Pokémon I want to mention is
, first of all, the current spread that you have isn't the correct one, aside from that, your team in general has a problem dealing with physical attackers such as Arecus-Normal or Primal Groudon, consider
instead of Latias for a better physical wall
which can also act as Defogger. The set is Mixed Giratina-O with Shadow Sneak as priority, allowing you to attack pokémon like Mega Gengar and Deoxys-A.
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 84 HP / 132 Atk / 248 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog
- Draco Meteor / Earthquake

~Small Suggestions
  • Change
    Evs to 104 HP / 176 Atk / 144 SpD / 84 Spe Adamant Nature
    this set offers more utility to your team since PDon is able to survive Moonblast from Xerneas after Geomancy, allowing it to retaliate hard thanks to its Attack, and the speed is to outspeed Arceus-Support!
  • Consider Rest/Sleep Talk
    as Miyoka said, this set is a fantastic sweeper which also gives your team a much needed status absorber, but I also want to give you a second option, that being Scarf Xerneas. This one can help a bit vs Arceus-Ghost which is kinda threatening too.
  • Lastly, if you think that Ghostceus is really threatening, consider Yveltal over Wobbu. You can always just make this another version of your team. I don’t really want to make too many changes to the team, as the core of Wobu+Mega Luke is a cool one, so just keep the idea of Yveltal > Wobbu in the back of your head.
Hope I helped good luck with your team. :heart:

Haii.

Imo Your team seems bulky in paper but you still need to check some threats and fix some sets, let me help ya :)

Xerneas :

Bulky Xern > RestTalk GeoXern : You don't really need un Cleric for this team, Pdon absorbs WoW and Twave, M-Luke and RestTalk GeoXern absorb Toxic, and you need a answer to Darkrai and a strong Special Attacker. RestTalk GeoXern is both bulky and strong, and helps to clean the game when big threats are gone (Pdon, Ho-Oh ect).
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast

Primal-Groudon :

Full Def Pdon > Full SpDef Pdon w/ Roar : Helps your team to check GeoXern, and tanks other threats like Latias, Mega-Gengar and Special Sweepers. Other change you can do is Lava Plume + Roar, to burn physical mons and phaze setup sweepers like GeoXern and Mega-Salamence respectively.
Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Lugia :

Just change the spread to "EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD", you don't need speed.

Latias :

Latias > Waterceus : Better than Latias if you want a Defogger, and fit perfectly with your team. +18 in Speed allow you to outspeed base 90 with Max EVs (Zekrom, Pdon ect). Also checks Ho-Oh, the biggest threat of your team imo.

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

With those changes you can deal with almost threats. Hope i helped you ^^
Tried out your suggestions and they work like a charm. I've got a few doubts though

Why the 12 speed for groudon? and isn't lugia sufficient to phase GeoXern. I'd prefer to keep the thunder wave rock slide combo on Primal Groudon for the free hits. It also helps Mega Lucario sweep more effectively.

As for Water Arceus, is Toxic really necessary? I think that slot is better off with some coverage move.

Thanks for the great advice.

Last edited:
Heya~ I like the core of Mega Lucario + Wobbuffet, it looks pretty interesting but you should definitely try Safeguard over Destiny Bond, as it gives you a free set up versus Klefki, allowing Mega Luke to get a SD. And as you know, Mega Luke at +2 is a monster since it can OHKO nearly everything.
The team has some weakness, one of which is
, which is an absolute nightmare for this team. The only Pokémon that can tank its moves is
, but Lugia hates status and if it gets burned by Sacred Fire after losing its ability Multiscale it won't help you as much in the rest of your match. I'm recommending Arceus-Water (I got sniped tho;~;) but the set I suggest has Jugdment/Ice Beam/Toxic/Recover, which helps a lot versus threats like Ho-Oh, Mega Salamence, Rayquaza and even Primal Groudon.
The next Pokémon I want to mention is
, first of all, the current spread that you have isn't the correct one, aside from that, your team in general has a problem dealing with physical attackers such as Arecus-Normal or Primal Groudon, consider
instead of Latias for a better physical wall
which can also act as Defogger. The set is Mixed Giratina-O with Shadow Sneak as priority, allowing you to attack pokémon like Mega Gengar and Deoxys-A.
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 84 HP / 132 Atk / 248 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog
- Draco Meteor / Earthquake

~Small Suggestions
  • Change
    Evs to 104 HP / 176 Atk / 144 SpD / 84 Spe Adamant Nature
    this set offers more utility to your team since PDon is able to survive Moonblast from Xerneas after Geomancy, allowing it to retaliate hard thanks to its Attack, and the speed is to outspeed Arceus-Support!
  • Consider Rest/Sleep Talk
    as Miyoka said, this set is a fantastic sweeper which also gives your team a much needed status absorber, but I also want to give you a second option, that being Scarf Xerneas. This one can help a bit vs Arceus-Ghost which is kinda threatening too.
  • Lastly, if you think that Ghostceus is really threatening, consider Yveltal over Wobbu. You can always just make this another version of your team. I don’t really want to make too many changes to the team, as the core of Wobu+Mega Luke is a cool one, so just keep the idea of Yveltal > Wobbu in the back of your head.
Hope I helped good luck with your team. :heart:
I changed Latias with Arceus water. I'm using Miyoka's set though - I need a defogger.
As for Giratina, who do you suggest I replace?
I tried both Xerneas sets, but RestTalk GeoXern seems to fit my style best
For Groudon, I tried your spread, but I prefer it bulky.
I tried Safeguard on Wobbuffet and it does provide some setup opportunities, but Destiny Bond have many a times saved me when I am in a real pinch. So, I am sticking with that.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)