National Dex Mega Manetric Stuff

This is a team I decided to build around Mega Manectric, it seemed like a super cool mon with its great speed tier and a volt switch that was difficult to block.

Building Process:
:manectric-mega:

Mega manectric was the starting point for this team

:manectric-mega::heatran::grassium-z:

Mega Manectric is completely blanked by any water/ground type on the opponent's team, so heatran comes in to lure and delete them with Bloom Doom. It also helps when setting rocks vs fini.

:manectric-mega::heatran::grassium-z::gliscor:

I needed a ground type anyways, and the team was looking super ground weak, so I had to choose between Gliscor and Landorus. I've had a lot of problems in the past with Landorus because of its lack of staying power, so I went with Gliscor

:manectric-mega::heatran::grassium-z::gliscor::weavile:

I wanted a way for Mega Manectric to make progress against mega latias, so weavile was the solution. It's also great speed control, cleans up games, and knocks off Spdef Heatran's Lefties, helping Mmane sweep faster.

:manectric-mega::heatran::grassium-z::gliscor::weavile::ferrothorn:

I wanted to have spikes with mega manectric to let it wear down its checks even faster, and ferrothorn is also a gren check, general water resist, and kyurem check

:manectric-mega::heatran::grassium-z::gliscor::weavile::ferrothorn::rotom-wash:

Idk why I had rotom wash here lmao

:manectric-mega::heatran::grassium-z::gliscor::weavile::skarmory::toxapex:

A lot of physical attackers like Z Chomp and Fire Fang MMaw were able to ruin my day, as well as cm sweepers like clefable, so I decided to swap ferrothorn and rotom for skarmory and toxapex

:ss/manectric-mega:
Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mega Manectric is able to act as a pivot, revenge killer, semi-wallbreaker, or cleaner depending on the situation. It has significant advantages over its closes competition, Tapu Koko, with fire coverage and power without choice lock. For these reasons, many Balance/BO teams find it very hard to deal with MMane, and it puts in huge work. Between Overheat and Flamethrower, Flamethrower's lesser power can usually be compensated for by spikes, and it stops the opponent from switching around MMane's attacks to bait a Spatk drop. Intimidate isn't the best on Mmane given its pathetic bulk, but it can help vs certan priority moves, as well as making it easier for teammates to come in from volt switch

:ss/heatran::grassium-z:
Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Heatran excels at luring ground/water types and hippowdon, which are the only volt blockers that MMane cannot deal with (other than Lanturn). Mmane loves entry hazards, and Heatran is able to set rocks while also luring and eliminating tapu fini, the only good defogger that skarm can't spike on.
:ss/gliscor:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Gliscor is the resident electric immune, and also defogs away hazards from my side of the field. It's also great at stopping Toxapex from making progress, which this team can otherwise struggle with. U turn is here to not be too much of a momentum sink.
:ss/weavile:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard

Weavile is great on this team as speed control, and it lets me handle MLatias, which otherwise ruins my team. Pressure is great for scouting whether landorus is scarfed, saving Manectric a lot of hassle. Weavile is just generally a great standalone breaker, which is great to punch holdes in enemy teams. I honestly dont find myself clicking pursuit all that much, since weavile can make tons of progress by just clicking stabs with no risk. Also synergises well with grassium heatran killing fini.
:ss/skarmory:
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Iron Defense
- Body Press

Skarmory set spikes, which is amazing with weavile and Mega Manetric, and lets them wear down their checks really fast. I chose iron defence/body press because I didnt need whirlwind because of haze, it matches up better into the physical attackers like Mmaw, and it can actually become a wincon vs teams who have lost their special attackers. Sturdy can be extremely clutch to pick off threats in emergencies with body press, or just to grab a cheap layer of spikes on a magnezone. Rocky Helmet is nice to wear down the physical attackers, especially scarf lando, who makes life really hard for Mmane but can be dissuaded from clicking u turn or earthquake by skarm.

:ss/toxapex:
Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Haze
- Recover

Toxapex wall things. In particular, greninja, greninja, and mega charizard y. Haze stops special boosting sweepers like volc and clef, scald and knock off are really painful to switch into, and recover is good.

Threats:

:pelipper:
Pex is only water resist. Pretty much an auto forfeit

:kyurem:

subroost has really no counterplay here besides letting weavile switch in on freeze dry, take 40%, then traxel to chase kyurem out. It also has free entry on my entire team.

:clefable:

Cm + Thunder can be really scary with the paras

:tyranitar:

Very annoying as a mega manetric answer that can punish it for clicking volt switch with like 60% of my health. or 90 if band. However, it's free spikes and itself hates spikes.

:zapdos:

Defensive sets make me click traxel vs it, which hurts me physically. Fly Z is free kill

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)