Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Mega Sableye's going to be the mid-game sweeper/tank. I chose 252 Def so he can up his SpA and SpD with Calm Mind and can take on Scizor, Heracross etc. The team's built around this guy. Will O Wisp to check opposing stallers and Dark Pulse instead of Shadow Ball (either works) with Recover to get the stalling/sweeping ready.

Ouch! (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Specially Defensive Ferrothorn covers the Fairy weakness of Sableye, providing entry hazard support via Stealth Rocks. Leech Seed will stall anything that's not fire or fighting for the most part. Ferrothorn can be sent in first, no problem since we have the Heatran to switch into. I chose Rocky Helmet instead of Leftovers.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Heatran supports both Sableye and Ferrothorn, providing excellent support against Fairy Types (can take out Latias/Latios). Heatran can also be switched in for Ferrothorn on any fire move as he has Flash Fire. Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast because I always give accuracy preference. Flash Cannon will decimate Fairy types.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Toxic Stalling, stall breaking Gliscor. Earthquake works well for other Heatran's that pose a problem to Mega Sableye. Was originally going to use Latias, but I need something bulkier and so I chose Gliscor.
However.. I also want Gliscor to be the switch in for Fighting Type moves, so I'm seriously considering replacing him with Mandibuzz. But Mandibuzz is susceptible to Electric and Ice, which doesn't work well for me.

Sabershock (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Provides type coverage against Water Types (that wreck Gliscor/Heatran) also since I'm afraid of what Mega Slowbro could potentially do to this team. It is able to tank Life Orb Latios' Draco Meteor and can outspeed Latios and Charizard Y, so it's a great switch in. Hidden Power Ice takes care of annoying Grass Types/Ground types that this team won't appreciate.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Type coverage, all out tank. We have counters for Fairy Types that can take it on (Ferrothorn/Heatran), for Talonflame (Heatran, Riakou), Mega Gallade (Mega Sableye) or most of all Mega Slowbro (Riakou, Mega Sableye). Assault vest for Sp Defense is a must. Was considering Speed investment in case the opposing team has Unaware Clefable.

Keldeo is going to slap this team silly, with your 4 defensive mons being weak to water or fighting, save M sabl. This means you have to take a risk on every switch,because either you go out to sabl and get easily predicted by a sabl counter or risk getting bodied by hydro pump or even sacred sword. Also, in general it seems this team has a hard time doing anything offensive, because only conk, raiku and maybe tran can really put on some offensive pressure. For these two reasons i think you should Consider using dd bulky non-mega gyrados, which would give you a sweeper besides sabl(for a backup) and it resists both of keldeos stabs.

Keldeo is going to slap this team silly, with your 4 defensive mons being weak to water or fighting, save M sabl. This means you have to take a risk on every switch,because either you go out to sabl and get easily predicted by a sabl counter or risk getting bodied by hydro pump or even sacred sword. Also, in general it seems this team has a hard time doing anything offensive, because only conk, raiku and maybe tran can really put on some offensive pressure. For these two reasons i think you should Consider using dd bulky non-mega gyrados, which would give you a sweeper besides sabl(for a backup) and it resists both of keldeos stabs.
Thanks, using your advice.

Absolutely not. Conkeldurr completely outclasses Machamp. No Guard Dynamic punch does nothing to offset its inferior priority and lack of recovery. Also, just put your RMT link in your signature so you don't have to keep typing it up.

EDIT: Thought I should give the team a real rate instead of just commenting on someone's suggestion.

At a glance, your team seems a bit weak to Landorus-I, Keldeo, Mega Charizard X and Mega Diancie. A quick solution would be to drop Conkeldurr for Azumarill. As far as I can tell, Conkeldurr isn't helping you to beat anything that you don't already have 2 checks for, and Azumarill is a good way to handle all 4 of those threats, though you'll have to be careful of Lando-I sets carrying Sludge Wave. I'll post a set at the end of the post.

This is also more of a general recommendation, but if you build teams that are more balanced or defensive, you should strive to fit Rapid Spin or Defog somewhere for the scenario where the opponent lays hazards early in the game. Admittedly M-Sableye can help keep them off, but it tends to be a pretty obvious lead, so opponents will often lead with something that'll threaten it out.

Anyway, hope that helps. I'll leave two sets: one is a Choice Band set, which has a little more offensive edge. If you find it being worn down too quickly, the Assault vest set may help you a bit more:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Conkeldurr completely outclasses Machamp. No Guard Dynamic punch does nothing to offset its inferior priority and lack of recovery. Also, just put your RMT link in your signature so you don't have to keep typing it up.

EDIT: Thought I should give the team a real rate instead of just commenting on someone's suggestion.

At a glance, your team seems a bit weak to Landorus-I, Keldeo, Mega Charizard X and Mega Diancie. A quick solution would be to drop Conkeldurr for Azumarill. As far as I can tell, Conkeldurr isn't helping you to beat anything that you don't already have 2 checks for, and Azumarill is a good way to handle all 4 of those threats, though you'll have to be careful of Lando-I sets carrying Sludge Wave. I'll post a set at the end of the post.

This is also more of a general recommendation, but if you build teams that are more balanced or defensive, you should strive to fit Rapid Spin or Defog somewhere for the scenario where the opponent lays hazards early in the game. Admittedly M-Sableye can help keep them off, but it tends to be a pretty obvious lead, so opponents will often lead with something that'll threaten it out.

Anyway, hope that helps. I'll leave two sets: one is a Choice Band set, which has a little more offensive edge.
[/hide]
Thank you, will make that change. To be honest I put Conkeldurr because I've used it a lot and it's been excellent in all battles, but I'll pick the bulkier Azumaril set instead of him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)