ORAS Ubers Mega Salamence Balance

Introduction
This team is based around mono-attacking Mega-Salamence, and it aims to remove/weaken mence's checks to allow it to sweep. After playing around with some more hyper offensive style teams, I decided to go with a more balanced approach.
IMG_1505.PNG

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Roar

Primal Groudon is an amazing partner for Salamence, as it sets up rocks, phazes and deals with Xerneas. Stealth Rocks is pretty self explanatory, Precipice Blades is my main means of dealing damage, and Rock Slide was chosen over Stone Edge because I've had it miss on me one too many times. Roar allows me to deal with set up sweepers and dismantle Baton Pass chains. Max SpD + Careful allows me to avoid the 2HKO from GeoXern after Stealth Rock damage, and P-don's physical defense is massive anyway. I usually lead with P-Don to get rocks up immediately, except when I predict an anti-lead like Darkrai.

IMG_1506.PNG
Klefki @ Air Balloon
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Magic Coat

Klefki is here because I wanted Spikes, and a way to deal with faster threats. Spikes help to rack up damage when the rest of my team forces switches. Prankster T-Wave is here to shut down faster threats, and can cripple a pokemon for the entire game if it lacks Refresh/ an aromatherapy teammate. I went for Foul Play over Play Rough to deal with physical set up sweepers, mostly Ekiller Arceus. I'll lead with Klefki against suicide leads, and Magic Cost back their Rocks or Taunt first turn. After that, it's mindgames between attacking and hazarding for the opponent, or a forced switch for a taunted Deoxys-S

IMG_1511.PNG
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Hapinness: 0
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Salamence is the core of my team, I'll typically play him as a late game sweeper once his checks are removed. Frustration deals good damage without the recoil damage of Double Edge, which can make a massive difference against an offensive team where there is no time to Roost back Health. I went for Frustration over Return for the niche value of beating opposing Ditto, Refresh is here to remove burns and paralysis to allow Salamence to better check Groudon and Ho-oh, as well as preventing Mence from being crippled by a stray t-wave. Dragon Dance allows Salamence to sweep many teams after just one boost. Roost allows Mence to heal off residual damage, as welk as helping to set up against mons like Groudon. Removing Mence's flying typing for a turn can also be helpful, especially against P-Don's Stone Edge. Maximum Attack investment + Adamant allows Salamence to hit as hard as possible. 80 HP EVs make it easier for Mence to find opportunities to set up.

IMG_1510.PNG
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy
- Sleep Talk

Xerneas is here as speed control, and also as a cleric to remove status for team members other than Mence. Moonblast is its main move, and allows Xerneas to clean weakened team. Thunder hits Kyogre and Ho-oh. Aromatherapy helps it remove paralysis for itself, and toxic and sleep for other team members, it helps out a lot against stall. Sleep Talk allows Xerneas to be a good sleep absorber and beat Darkrai 1v1. (Xerneas outspeeds Darkrai, and either OHKOs with Moonblast, 2HKOs with Thunder (it can survive one Sludge Bomb from full health), or wakes up with Aromatherapy) the only problems are a first turn wake, or Thunder then Aromatherapy.

IMG_1508.PNG
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Arceus allows me to beat Lugia through Toxic and is a very useful mon generally. Judgement is a decently powerful attack even with no SpA investment. Ice Beam hits opposing dragon types, mainly Rayquaza and Salamence. Toxic allows me to take out opposing walls like Lugia, and also helps against foes like P-Don.

IMG_1509.PNG
Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Latios is here as a defogger, but it's insanely powerful Draco Meteor is capable of destroying many things. I often bring Latios in, nuke something, then switch it out. Psyshock hits Poison types like Gengar on the switch, as well as dealing more damage to specially defensive mons like P-Ogre. HP Fire hits Ferrothorn and Scizor hard, as well as dealing decent damage to foes weak to it. Defog is self explanatory, I don't usually bother to remove just rocks, but it's nice to have against hazard stacking teams.

Hai there.
This is an interesting and nice Mega Salamence build, kinda late but I really want to give you a rate since you don't have any yet. n_n
Looking at your team in detail I've clearly noticed that the lack of Ekiller checks force you to send Salamence as a response to this threat, which shouldn't be Mence's role as it's the star of the team. I wouldn't consider Klefki a real check to Arceus because thanks to its typing alongside its EVs which are invested in SpD to deal with Xerneas or Darkrai and not against a physical offensive Pokémon such as Arceus-Normal. Unfortunately Foul Play from Klefki isn't even an OHKO [+2 0 Atk Klefki Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 184-217 (48.1 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO] and since Ekiller has Extreme Speed it easily 2HKO's Klefki.
To fix this issue I highly recommend you to replace
and use
instead.Giratina-O is a nice defogger that works as a decent Arceus' and also Primal-Groudon check thanks to its bulk, typing, and it has the advantage to burn opposing Ekiller or Dragon Tail them and kick it out of the field allowing you to revenge it later when Salamence is boosted.
I'll leave below two movesets option so you can consider the one that aligns with your preference.
If you want to add a little more offensiveness to your team you can always consider Rest Geomancy
who is a very nice status absorber, mid or late game sweeper and in my opinion the combination between Sleep Talk + Klefki are enough to cover Darkrai or Yveltal. I'd really recommend this set if you opt for the Shadow Sneak set on Giratina-O since priority is necessary to check some threats such as Deoxys-A which is a headache for some Balance teams. Also, Salamence and Xerneas are a cool core that gives nice offensive synergy to the team!
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 208 Atk / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

EVs: 212 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Defog

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 56 SpA / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Small Suggestions~
:

• Remove Air Ballon and use Leftovers this item works better on it since HP recovery is important than a fourth ground resist.
  • Play Rough > Foul Play and Heal Block > Magic Coat are a better choice to have a good 1vs1 against Xerneas.

Okay that's all, hope I helped and good luck with your team! :heart:

Thanks for the rate, I'll play around with your changes for a bit to test. I'll probably try the d-tail set since every other arceus seems to run lum berry or refresh.

Hey there , Nice team you got there but First of all I Will Suggest Something which can improve your team.

1.) Use this Giratina-O set Over your Old Latios set

EVs: 212 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Defog

This can work Well with your Team Partners ( Especially Klefki ). Try to Create a lot of Status problem to ur Opponent , then Kill them with Hex and Keep Hazards away by Defog. This set is not mine but in the Previous Posts , Arii Stella Suggested you this set so Try this one.

2.) Change your PGroudon set. Remove Careful Nature and use Sassy Nature with 248 SpDef , 252 HP and 8 Def. Run Lava Plume , Precipice Blades / Earthquake , Stealth Rock and Roar. This is a Mixed SpDefensive Walling set , Lava Plume can burn the Opponent . This Helps for ur Giratina-O Hex. Try this set.

3.)Mega Sala Mence and Giratina-O is there so you Dont have to worry about Opposing Primal Groudon . Remove WaterCeus and add a Defensive Yveltal with Item Dread Plate , Try Impish nature on Yveltal with 192 HP , 224 Def , 12 Atk and 80 Speed. Use Foul Play , Sucker Punch , Roost and U-Turn / Taunt. This can take out Extreme Killer Arceus and Other Physical Threats.

4.) Klefki is now More supported. Don't Change your EV Sets but change Your item to Leftovers and Try Play Rough , Thunder Wave , Toxic / Magic Coat / Heal Block , Spikes. This is Enough for now.

5.) Don't Change the Scarf Xern because it is the Only Way to Outspeed Killing and Removing Darkrai . but Just use MoonBlast and Sleep talk , Dont use the 3rd and 4th move. Moonblast and Sleep talk works very well and we Are sure now that MoonBlast hits Darkrai.

Extra Tips : You can try Substitute or Earthquake over Refresh but Refresh is the best Ones. Also Mega Mence is only your Win Condition By Set Up DD so Keep it safe by the Other walls and Try to hit Your Opponent hard by Giratina-O. That's all.

I am Sure that these things works well with your team. I Hope i helped you :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)