ORAS OU Megalomania

"You're gonna have a bad time"

Team at a glance

Teambuilding Process

This team started off as basic Mega-Lopunny + Hoopa-Unbound offense, however after many matches of testing I decided to scrap the Lopunny idea and move more towards Volt-Turn. Hoopa-Unbound, being the star of this team needed support to do his job effectively - since with his terrible typing and poor defense he wasn't going to be switching into much. So, I looked towards how others have used Hoopa-Unbound and found that volt-turn was the best way to utilize him to his best potential.

At first I tried M-Manectric + Landorus-T, however Bisharp became a huge problem. So I added a Keldeo to deal with Bisharps and Weaville's that threatened my team - I opted for scarf keldeo so that I have a revenge killer and cleaner late game.

After a lot more testing I realized that Choice band Azumarill had a field day versus my team and that I needed some form of hazard control as the team was looking more and more like balance. The double intimidate core didn't help as much as it should have so I opted to take out M-Manectric for Raikou. Latias was my defogger, however I found defensive defog M-Scizor did the job better. M-Scizor provided me with a solid way of handling calm mind Clefable's lacking flamethrower, a switch in for Azumarill and provided me with a solid late game win condition. Raikou replaced Manectric as my Talonflame/Electric switch in. I opted for life orb Raikou as this means that Hidden power-ice will always OHKO defensive Landorus-T which gives Scizor trouble. I went with calm mind over another coverage move on Raikou to provide a solid answer versus calm mind lati's and Sp-def Talonflame/Heatran.
Lastly I added standard magic guard calm mind Clefable with flamethrower to have a status absorber and another win condition. Flamethrower is so that my team doesn't just die to opposing M-Scizor's.

Pokemon sets

Rainbow Dash (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Standard choice scarf Keldeo. Acts as this team's primary Bisharp/Weaville check and late game cleaner. Also handles Heatran and Chansey well with Secret sword.

Pharaoh (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 32 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Psyshock
- Drain Punch
- Dark Pulse

The centerpiece of this team and the bane of stall teams everywhere. This set is NJNP's set. He used it to pilot Hoopa-unbound to #2 on the OU ladder. Drain punch will always 2hko Chansey while Psyshock will always 2hko Tornadus-T. Gunk shot is nice to deal with fairies. Hoopa-Unbound is called Pharaoh since he is the centerpiece of the team.

Sehkmet (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Defensive Landorus-T! It's becoming more and more common on the ladder as a lot more people are starting to realize that intimidate gives Landorus way more bulk than something like tank Garchomp. Rocky helmet is here to check opposing M-scizor's and fake out users such as M-Lopunny and M-Medichan. The 30 iv's in speed ensure that we will always underspeed other Landorus-T's to get off the slow u-turn and bring in Hoopa or another threat safely. Sekhmet is an egyptian god of war that protects the Pharaoh. I thought it was a fitting name since it allows Hoopa-Unbound to come in safely.

Bastet (Raikou) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Volt Switch

Standard volt switch Raikou. I opted for Life orb to always get the OHKO on defensive Landorus-T and defensive Garchomp. Calm mind provides us with an extra win condition and a way to hit other electrics and spdef walls harder. I've considered toxic in that slot as well, however since my team has so much wall breaking potential it is needed. Bastet is another egyptian god of war. Both Sekhmet and Bastet are cats - Raikou & Lando-T look like cats.

The wall (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Defog

This is the standard defensive Scizor set on Smogon. I opted to move the attack ev's into defense so that it would serve as a better check versus Azumarill and M-medichan/M-Lopunny. This is the team's defogger and once its checks have been removed you can set up swords dance to sweep with bullet punch.

Stan (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Once again, the standard smogon set. (If it isn't broken don't fix it) We all know what Clefable does so I won't go into too much detail - however this Clefable is the status absorber for the team and another win condition once its checks are gone. Flamethrower was put on Clefable over thunder-wave so that out team is not complete dead weight versus other M-scizor's and well played Excadrill's. Yes, this Clefable is called Stan.

Threat list

A well played belly drum Azumarill or Choice band Azumarill can 2HKO everything on this team (excepting scizor). This team's check is Raikou and Scizor and defensive lando-T to an extent - but it does struggle with this blue bunny.

High jump kick will 2hko everything except Clefable, zen headbutt 2hko's clefable. Your best bet is to revenge this thing or weaken it with Raikou / Landorus rocky helmet.

Hp-Fire Gardevoir isn't very common but it can deal a ton of damage to the team when played correctly. If it's sub your best bet is to hope Scizor lives the HP fire to get off 2 Bullet punches.

If you see one of these on your opponents team do not lose your Scizor. Once scizor goes down this can solo the rest of the team especially if it is a scarf or Life orb variant.

Replays

Coming soon

Importable
Rainbow Dash (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Pharaoh (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 32 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Psyshock
- Drain Punch
- Dark Pulse

Sehkmet (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Bastet (Raikou) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Volt Switch

The Wall (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Defog

Stan (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Last edited:
Hi!

I recommend you try out Choice Scarf Kyurem-B over Clefable. This allows you a secondary check to Serperior, which takes on your entire team. It also gives you a nice revenge killer to the threats you mentioned, as Bullet Punch from Mega Medicham does less than 50% to it. With this change, I also suggest that you run Choice Specs on Keldeo, which lets you break down Hoopa-U's checks better. I am also not a fan of LO Raikou - it is too easy to get worn down into Keldeo's range even if you play flawlessly, and it is your only check to it. I would instead suggest Leftovers. You do miss out on the OHKO on Lando-T etc, but Mega Scizor and your own Lando-T checks that really well.

Hi!

I recommend you try out Choice Scarf Kyurem-B over Clefable. This allows you a secondary check to Serperior, which takes on your entire team. It also gives you a nice revenge killer to the threats you mentioned, as Bullet Punch from Mega Medicham does less than 50% to it. With this change, I also suggest that you run Choice Specs on Keldeo, which lets you break down Hoopa-U's checks better. I am also not a fan of LO Raikou - it is too easy to get worn down into Keldeo's range even if you play flawlessly, and it is your only check to it. I would instead suggest Leftovers. You do miss out on the OHKO on Lando-T etc, but Mega Scizor and your own Lando-T checks that really well.
Hey! Thanks for the reply. I'll give the Kyurem-B a go. Funnily enough I was actually running lefties before I switched to LO and I suppose the damage difference doesn't matter all that match since I'm carrying calm mind. I'll test it out and implement the changes. :D

Don't take these suggestions to heart, as it is just my opinion, but here is what I think you should implement.

-First, you should replace Raikou with Mega Manectric. This assists with your pseudo-Azumarill weakness. As you are faster and have more killing power. Also the pressure Mega Manectric applies could be more useful to prevent slower Pokemon like Mega Gardevoir from switching in. Also since Manectric is faster than Medicham in their mega forms, so some of that pressure is also wiped off.

-Secondly, since you can't have two megas, consider regular scizor bulky set. This doesn't stray too far from the original set, just no mega. Yu can out leftovers or whatever you wish to replace the item. If you're real af you can run occasion Berry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)