Meh

Hmmm, thinking about taking a lengthy break from shoddy since exams are piling up and I really need to get some quality study time in before then. So uh, here's a UU team I made after trying to get back into the metagame. It's done alright, I need to play more with it to get abit used to it (and my knowledge of UU isn't all that solid, so this may be pretty bad, just a heads up). So, um how can I improve this team?

Lanturn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP/80 Spd/136 SAtk/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Spreads Paralysis (This is a para based team BTW) with Discharge and asorbs status, most notably from sleep leads. Pretty useful.
---
(Credit to Lorak) Jumpluff (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 188 Def/252 Spd/68 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Subseeder. Substitute allows me to scout out my oppenets moves, then react according with either Stun Spore to paralyse or Leech Seed to drain life. Encore helps get that crucial sub off as well as disrupt Stat upers.
---
Aggron (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Punch
- Avalanche

Sub Punch Aggron. Used over Steelix mainly to spread and abuse that paralysis. Avalanche allows me to somewhat injure ground types that shrug off Focus Punch (Nidos, claydol).
---
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/72 Def/184 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Mostly for spinning duties. Sucker Punch over Toxic as Toxic conflicts with team synergy while Sucker Punch lets me hit Ghosts that might wall the Rapid spin I guess.
---
Granbull (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Double-edge
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Mainly the muscle of this team. Designed to come in and wreak havoc after the opposing team has been paralysed. Stone Edge allows me to hit sturdy bugs such as Shuckle and Armaldo who would otherwisw asorb this guy's attacks fairly well.
---
Altaria (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

DD Altaria. Leftovers over LO since I want it to fill a more defensive duty (switching into Ninetales and Venusaur etc).
---

Sorry for the shoddy presentation, I'm just really tired atm.

If your theme is paralysis, wont a Glaceon / Cacturne / Crawdaunt wreck the opponent's team after most threats are paralyzed? You could consider them over Granbull, as all of them can provide some Wall Beraking force.
They could also help you get rid of Steelix, which currently pretty much walls you (if it evades a Close Combat from Granbull, which can be outpredicted due to Choice Band) , barring Surf from Lanturn, but Lanturn doesn't like switching into Steelix's Earthquake either.

If your theme is paralysis, wont a Glaceon / Cacturne / Crawdaunt wreck the opponent's team after most threats are paralyzed? You could consider them over Granbull, as all of them can provide some Wall Beraking force.

According to LN, Granbull completly wrecks the UU metagame in terms of brute strength, so he can definatly deal some damage. I'll think about it though.

They could also help you get rid of Steelix, which currently pretty much walls you (if it evades a Close Combat from Granbull, which can be outpredicted due to Choice Band) , barring Surf from Lanturn, but Lanturn doesn't like switching into Steelix's Earthquake either.

Nah, I haven't had trouble with a Steelix yet. Steelix can really only come on in on Altaria without any threat to itself, (Aggron has Focus Punch while Hitmontop has CC and without a recovery move, Steelix tends to get worn down quickly ) and Jumpluff can easily use it as setup fodder with smart prediction and seed it to death. I'll still think about your previous suggestions, Glaceon is pretty cool in particular but 3 Rock weak is =/.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)