Metamons!

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Not a huge fan of a slate allowing people to nerf already good Pokemon, since this can put in Pokemon that already have fully realized concepts that are actually good, which kind of goes against what makes this meta unique in my eyes: taking unique concepts for Pokemon that aren't good and making them good. That being said, I'm going to try my best and still submit bad Pokemon and stay true to their concepts...

Will finish this later when I get ideas, but WIP for now.

Name: Whimsicott
Stats: 70/57/115/77/95/116 (530)
Typing: Grass/Fairy
Abilities: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll
Movepool Changes(if any): +Synthesis
How does this fulfill the concept?: This Whimsicott aims to be a fast support Pokemon with a little bit of longevity to it. The big thing here is that I can't make it too similar to Electrode, and I think I don't think I need to change much to make it good while keeping that in mind. Whimsicott already has a bunch of stuff to work with in its movepool, including Taunt, Memento, Encore, Knock Off, U-Turn, and if you really want to, Tailwind or Trick Room. I gave it enough bulk that it could likely choose to invest in one or the other and do okay on that end, but not as well on the other end.

Name: Marowak
Stats: 50/70/120/50/90/35 (415)
Typing: Ground/Rock
Abilities: Rock Head/Lightningrod/Skill Link
Movepool Changes(if any): +Rock Blast
How does this fulfill the concept?: Marowak is an extremely powerful wallbreaker that isn't especially fast or bulky. Here, I gave Marowak a secondary typing that compliments Ground well offensively and gave it Skill Link. Skill Link works with Rock Blast and Bone Rush here so its STAB moves have a nice boost to them.

Please let me know if any of my Pokemon need to be changed any more, whether it's for balancing or anything else.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Name: Torterra
Concept: Regenerator pivot
Stats: 95/105/115/104/65/50 (534 BST)
Typing: Grass/Ground
Abilities: Overgrow/Regenerator
Movepool Changes(if any): +Power Whip, Knock Off
Other Modifications?:
How does this fulfill the concept?:
Basically a less physically Tangrowth that also has the benefit of resisting Tyrantrum's Head Smash and getting STAB that threatens Bronzong, Electrode, and Ampharos.
Sample Sets:
Torterra @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Torterra @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]

Name: Excadrill
Concept: Sand abuser
Stats: 110/115/72/50/75/88 (510 BST)
Typing: Ground/Steel
Abilities: Sand Rush / Sand Force / Tough Claws
Movepool Changes(if any): N/A
Other Modifications?: N/A
How does this fulfill the concept?: Works well with Bastiodon to outspeed the whole meta (besides Scarf Electrode) and do big damage. Can also use a Tough Claws wallbreaking set.
Sample Sets:
Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Excadrill @ Steelium Z / Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Brick Break
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Name: Lucario
Concept: Mixed cleaner
Stats: 70/105/70/105/70/105 (525 BST)
Typing: Fighting/Dark
Abilities: Steadfast/No Guard/Justified
Movepool Changes(if any):
+Sucker Punch, +Mach Punch, +Shadow Sneak, +Knock Off, +Night Daze, +Thunderbolt, +Ice Beam, +Parting Shot,
-Flash Cannon, -Meteor Mash, -Earthquake, -Poison Jab, -Calm Mind, -Swords Dance,
-Nasty Plot, -Bulk Up, -Work Up
Other Modifications?: Justified raises the highest stat when hit by a Dark-type move; is immune to Dark-types
How does this fulfill the concept?: Versatile revenge killer because of its wide movepool, particularly coverage options and priority attacks. It also is a good switchin to Banette. However, it is notably lacking in moves to hit Fairy-types except the weak Bullet Punch, and it can only boost its offensive presence by switching into Dark-type moves.
Sample Sets:
Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Parting Shot

Lucario @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Parting Shot

Lucario @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Justified / No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Night Daze
- Ice Beam
- Parting Shot

Name: Buzzwole
Concept: Fighting-type physical tank or Physical Trick Room abuser
Stats: 101/113/113/61/71/61 (520 BST)
Typing: Bug/Fighting
Abilities: Beast Boost / Intimidate
How does this fulfill the concept?: Buzzwole's unique typing allows it to check physically offensive Grass, Ground, Fighting, and Bug-types. Intimidate also allows it to check Choice Band Tyrantrum and Banette. However, it is weak on the special side, and Swellow scares it out.
Sample Set:
Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Toxic
- Roost
- Lunge / Taunt

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost / Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Buzzwole @ Rockium Z / Icium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Life
- Hammer Arm
- Stone Edge / Ice Punch
- Bulk Up

Wait so Bastiodon, who has no hands or bipedalness, can learn SToss but let’s all get enraged about trying to consider giving a glamorous dinosaur quiver dance??
Alright, I'll bite.

Assume Seismic Toss to match its description: "The target is thrown using the power of gravity. It inflicts damage equal to the user's level."

1) Other mons know Seismic Toss while being unlikely to realistically be able to do so.
  • Gengar, whose hands would more likely phase through the opponent
  • Sudowoodo, which has hands that probably can't grip onto opponents to throw
  • Chansey, which has hands that are way too small to grab and throw something
  • Minun, which weighs 4.2 kg and therefore could probably not throw something
  • Togekiss, which has no hands
  • Octillery, which has no hands and is not bipedal
2) Bastiodon could realistically throw an opponent.
While it says that the target is thrown, it never specifies throwing using appendages.
This is a video of a rhino throwing a warthog, and it only has a horn. Bastiodon's whole face is basically a wall, so by lowering its head, getting the opponent on its head, and then throwing up, it could easily launch an opponent.

3) Aurorus could not realistically dance.
While Bastiodon is 150 kg (having the leverage to throw an opponent in order to inflict significant damage), Aurorus is even heavier at 220 kg. I'll assume that you probably don't think Bastiodon can dance.
  • I'll repeat my previous argument that only Grass and Bug-types learn Quiver Dance (besides Smeargle, but that's a moot point).
    • On the other hand, mons of all types learn Seismic Toss.
  • All fully-evolved mons that learn Quiver Dance are less than 50 kgs (Volcarona is the heaviest at 46).
  • If you can't imagine Bastiodon dancing, how the hell can Aurorus dance?
So, I'll fix your quote:
Wait so Aurorus, who is a not a gentle, light Bug-type or Grass-type that has wings or has the capability and willingness to dance, can learn Quiver Dance but let’s all get enraged about trying to consider giving a hardy, heavy rhino Seismic Toss??

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Name: Torterra
Concept: Regenerator pivot
Stats: 95/100/115/94/80/50 (534 BST)
Typing: Grass/Ground
Abilities: Overgrow/Regenerator
Movepool Changes(if any): +Power Whip, Knock Off
Other Modifications?:
Basically a less physically Tangrowth that also has the benefit of resisting Tyrantrum's Head Smash and getting STAB that threatens Bronzong, Electrode, and Ampharos.
Sample Sets:
Torterra @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Torterra @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]

Name: Excadrill
Concept: Sand abuser
Stats: 110/115/72/50/75/88 (510 BST)
Typing: Ground/Steel
Abilities: Sand Rush / Sand Force / Tough Claws
How does this fulfill the concept?: Works well with Bastiodon to outspeed the whole meta (besides Scarf Electrode) and do big damage. Can also use a Tough Claws wallbreaking set.
Sample Sets:
Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Excadrill @ Steelium Z / Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Brick Break
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Name: Lucario
Concept: Mixed cleaner
Stats: 70/105/70/105/70/105 (525 BST)
Typing: Fighting/Dark
Abilities: Steadfast/No Guard/Justified
Movepool Changes(if any):
+Sucker Punch, +Mach Punch, +Shadow Sneak, +Knock Off, +Night Daze, +Thunderbolt, +Ice Beam, +Parting Shot,
-Flash Cannon, -Meteor Mash, -Earthquake, -Poison Jab, -Calm Mind, -Swords Dance,
-Nasty Plot, -Bulk Up, -Work Up
Other Modifications?: Justified raises the highest stat when hit by a Dark-type move; is immune to Dark-types
How does this fulfill the concept?: Versatile revenge killer because of its wide movepool, particularly coverage options and priority attacks. It also is a good switchin to Banette. However, it is notably lacking in moves to hit Fairy-types except the weak Bullet Punch, and it can only boost its offensive presence by switching into Dark-type moves.
Sample Sets:
Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Parting Shot

Lucario @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Parting Shot

Lucario @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Justified / No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Night Daze
- Ice Beam
- Parting Shot

Name: Buzzwole
Concept: Fighting-type physical tank or Physical Trick Room abuser
Stats: 97/127/127/37/79/53 (520 BST)
Abilities: Beast Boost / Intimidate
How does this fulfill the concept?: Buzzwole's unique typing allows it to check physically offensive Grass, Ground, Fighting, and Bug-types. Intimidate also allows it to check Choice Band Tyrantrum and Banette. However, it is weak on the special side, and Swellow scares it out.
Sample Set:
Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Toxic
- Roost
- Lunge / Taunt

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost / Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Buzzwole @ Rockium Z / Icium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Life
- Hammer Arm
- Stone Edge / Ice Punch
- Bulk Up

Alright, I'll bite.

Assume Seismic Toss to match its description: "The target is thrown using the power of gravity. It inflicts damage equal to the user's level."

1) Other mons know Seismic Toss while being unlikely to realistically be able to do so.
  • Gengar, whose hands would more likely phase through the opponent
  • Sudowoodo, which has hands that probably can't grip onto opponents to throw
  • Chansey, which has hands that are way too small to grab and throw something
  • Minun, which weighs 4.2 kg and therefore could probably not throw something
  • Togekiss, which has no hands
  • Octillery, which has no hands and is not bipedal
2) Bastiodon could realistically throw an opponent.
While it says that the target is thrown, it never specifies throwing using appendages.
This is a video of a rhino throwing a warthog, and it only has a horn. Bastiodon's whole face is basically a wall, so by lowering its head, getting the opponent on its head, and then throwing up, it could easily launch an opponent.

3) Aurorus could not realistically dance.
While Bastiodon is 150 kg (having the leverage to throw an opponent in order to inflict significant damage), Aurorus is even heavier at 220 kg. I'll assume that you probably don't think Bastiodon can dance.
  • I'll repeat my previous argument that only Grass and Bug-types learn Quiver Dance (besides Smeargle, but that's a moot point).
    • On the other hand, mons of all types learn Seismic Toss.
  • All fully-evolved mons that learn Quiver Dance are less than 50 kgs (Volcarona is the heaviest at 46).
  • If you can't imagine Bastiodon dancing, how the hell can Aurorus dance?
So, I'll fix your quote:

edit:

Screw the meta, I'm going to base my vote on a stupid dislike of a type!
nvm lmao bastiodon can keep seismic toss

Screw the meta, I'm going to base my vote on a stupid dislike of a type!
Love you too

1. I voted for the Pokémon I felt was more creative and interesting. A bulky water isn’t interesting. The slate was for a bulky ice. This is a bulky water. The fact you didn’t dispute that (because I know how much you love to dispute) means you know that is what you did.

2. Yeah, you’re absolutely right. Bulky waters are annoying as fuck. You didn’t get my vote because it’s a bulky water. Is that a problem? Because if it is, it would help to wait for a slate where a bulky water should be submitted.

3. Your Pokémon wasn’t bad. Dramps was just better. Hence why I voted. And now that I know you're a little asshat, I’d vote Dramps a million more times if I could. Just on personal preference. I love democracy.

edit: an apostrophe

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
ok first off please don't fight and throw petty insults, move this over to dms if it gets extra heated

second of all

Name: Marowak
Stats: 60/80/110/50/80/45 (425)
Typing: Ground/Fairy
Abilities: Rock Head/Lightningrod/Battle Armor
Movepool Changes(if any): +Play Rough
How does this fulfill the concept?: Marowak is an extremely powerful Ground-type wallbreaker that isn't especially fast or bulky. Ground/Fairy is a really cool typing that hasn't really seen the light of day in standard Pokemon, and I feel like it'd work quite well on a Pokemon like this. Just like Marowak-Alola, this type combination is unresisted, and just like Marowak-Alola, the typing also has the ability to allow it to switch in on specific Pokemon, like Ampharos. Its physical bulk is solid but not spectacular, especially considering how prone it is to being worn down.

Name: Ledian
Stats: 105/35/70/55/110/95 (470)
Typing:
Bug/Water
Abilities: Swarm/Early Bird/Volt Absorb
Movepool Changes(if any): +Whirlwind, -Reflect, -Light Screen, -Tailwind, -Baton Pass
How does this fulfill the concept?: This Ledian build is meant to be a Pokemon that's fully defensive despite being Bug-type. I also tried to not be a bit creative and not make it Bug/Steel. I then wanted to make it Bug/Electric, which actually does have a lot of nice perks to it, but then I realized Ampharos is already a defensive Electric type and I personally want to avoid adding another. I then saw Bug/Water, which has quite a lot of handy resistances, like Fighting, Ground, and Ice. It was still weak to three pretty good types so I gave it an immunity to one of them through its ability. Ledian actually already has a few pretty nice moves for a defensive Pokemon, like Defog, Knock Off, U-Turn, and Roost, as well as some more niche options like Encore and Infestation. I only felt like I slightly needed to tweak its movepool because of this. I got rid of some moves that could made it a more supportive role for offensive teams and gave it Whirlwind so it's not setup bait.
Sorry mang, but I'm gonna have to give these the "dumb typing" veto. I've already expressed my desire for not giving Pokemon overly convenient typings for the sake of it (this is my primary issue with Clean Slate and why I prefer Metamons), and I don't see any reason design or lore-wise for a Fairy type Marowak or a Water type Ledian. I'm aware we have some weird choices currently, but I already feel those are better: Electrode has a few qualities of a Dark type already such as its crooked smile, already decent Dark movepool prior to its modifications and dex entries that show it using dirty tricks like Exploding. Salazzle's Water typing probably is very difficult to justify too, but it was made earlier on in Metamons' lifespan when we were still figuring out our "niche"/identity so to speak, so I can let that slide.

I'm not trying to get involved in any drama but this is hurting my brain. Quiver Dance, in the original Japanese, means "Butterfly Dance", which is why the vast majority of pokemon who learn it are moths or butterflies. The few exceptions are other winged bugs, dancing pokemon that have wing-like appendages, and a bagworm whose male counterpart is a moth. Not sure about Bellossom.

I'm not saying anything about any subs. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
I feel the need to explain myself.

I voted for the Pokémon I felt was more creative and interesting. A bulky water isn’t interesting. The slate was for a bulky ice. This is a bulky water. The fact you didn’t dispute that (because I know how much you love to dispute) means you know that is what you did.
Avalugg is usually used in OU to wall common physical attackers such as Garchomp, Landorus-Therian, and Garchomp-Mega. The downside is that it's weak to the common Fire-types and Steel-types like Charizard-Mega-X, Scizor-Mega, and Victini. The solution? Water resists Fire and Steel, and Insulation provides a Electric neutrality against things like Electrode. So it's a bulky Ice-type. If you want me to have an ability that makes it resist Fire, Steel, and Electric, you can come up with a way for that to make sense. You're also acting like adding an extra type to Avalugg is, which is ridiculous because everyone but Yung Dramps did the same thing.

2. Yeah, you’re absolutely right. Bulky waters are annoying as fuck. You didn’t get my vote because it’s a bulky water. Is that a problem?
It's a problem because you voted against a submission because of your dislike of a type that is in no way inherently overpowered. Water is a good type that resists Fire while not being weak to the common Ground coverage or Stealth Rock. Water is a good type that resists Water while not being weak to the common Ice coverage. Water is a good type that resists Steel while not being weak to the common Ground coverage. But these advantages don't make it broken, they just make it a good defensive type.

My point is that people should not vote for a submission based on their personal preference and discriminations, but based on how it will affect the meta, whether the meta will be more healthy or not. This is obviously wishful thinking but it's something people should think about. This situation is the opposite of that.

And now that I know you're a little asshat, I’d vote Dramps a million more times if I could. Just on personal preference. I love democracy.
Just taking note:
I called out his desire not to have a bulky Water-type as logically unjustified. He called me a little asshat. While my comment may have been uncalled for, we should distinguish who made the petty insults.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Sorry mang, but I'm gonna have to give these the "dumb typing" veto. I've already expressed my desire for not giving Pokemon overly convenient typings for the sake of it (this is my primary issue with Clean Slate and why I prefer Metamons), and I don't see any reason design or lore-wise for a Fairy type Marowak or a Water type Ledian. I'm aware we have some weird choices currently, but I already feel those are better: Electrode has a few qualities of a Dark type already such as its crooked smile, already decent Dark movepool prior to its modifications and dex entries that show it using dirty tricks like Exploding. Salazzle's Water typing probably is very difficult to justify too, but it was made earlier on in Metamons' lifespan when we were still figuring out our "niche"/identity so to speak, so I can let that slide.
I'm sorry about that, honestly had no idea about that rule and the Salazzle and Electrode kinda gave me an idea that there was no rule like that. I'll fix those, thanks for letting me know.

In defense of Salazzle's flavor, salamanders are amphibians that spend much of their lives in the water. A salamander being Water type makes as much sense as a frog or axolotl. The fact that it still learns fire moves is also justified in the same way as OG Salazzle being a Fire type; salamanders have mythological associations with fire. Note the quote about fire burning underwater ( or something like that ) from the recent Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them sequel.

Not even sure I should argue. Any time I try to defend myself I’m seen as the outcast who doesn’t have an argument and my adversary gets a few upvotes.
I'm not trying to get involved in any drama but this is hurting my brain. Quiver Dance, in the original Japanese, means "Butterfly Dance", which is why the vast majority of pokemon who learn it are moths or butterflies. The few exceptions are other winged bugs, dancing pokemon that have wing-like appendages, and a bagworm whose male counterpart is a moth. Not sure about Bellossom.

I'm not saying anything about any subs. Have a nice day.
And that’s my point. The aurora fans are like butterfly wing-ish and have a glamorous appeal. We can strawman it as me claiming that it means this sauropod does the Moonwalk if you want instead of getting a boost for gameplay purposes off of, likely multicolored sails. I mean I coulda made an ice version of QD, but didn't want to waste space.

I mean I was even willing to concede a SToss substitute or a Rock or Steel type to be more thematic (and more useful as it gets around ghost types.)

In any case, I'll be the bigger person and move on.

Donphan
Concept:
Bulky Ground type who either checks rain or (but not both simultabously) grass types who mybe use Poison/HP Fire and don't rely on HP Ice coverage.
Stats: 100/120/120/50/80/50 (520)
Type: Ground
Ability: Dry Skin/Sturdy (Sap Sipper)
Movepool Changes: Watergun, Liquidation, Slack Off
How does this fulfill the concept?: 100/120/90 is bulky, sure. A mono-ground type doesn't lend to a lot of resists, sadly, and rain teams will know right away which Donphan ability isn't being run. Donphan could hopefully force Mega Venusaur to run HP Ice, which can be a pain in the ass although it's not a 2HKO unless it has... growth for some reason. On the other hand, water types tend to carry Ice Beam, which isn't the best news for rain Donphan. On the other other hand, more defense oriented Donphan can get free turns against Rotom-Wash and his total immunity to his damage. You just switch in and set up/remove SR worry free. Sure he might burn you, but stealth rocks and Spin don't really care about power. Sap Sipper can help against Amoongus and Tapu-Bulu whose Choice Superpower is not a 2hKO, and gets worse every turn.

Donphan granted has the same offensive issues it's had since forever with the same inability to break through a lot of powerful walls and its only priority being a non-STAB Ice Shard.

Parasect
Concept:
A Spore user in that doesn't fear the fire not named Smeargle and serves as a defensive Sun mon and finds defensive niches against certain fire types.
Stats: 95/125/110/60/110/30 (530)
Type: Bug/Grass
Ability: Wet Skin (Regenerator)
Movepool Changes: Crabhammer (it has crablike claws, and would more importantly be useful vs. the fire,) Wood Hammer, Earthquake
Other Modifications?: Wet Skin (The exact inverse of Dry Skin being Sun and fire healing but rain and water damage bonuses)
How does this fulfill the concept?: Being able to heal in fire and restore from the sun give this mon a niche in that weather. Granted, Bug/Grass even with fire Absorb, there's the extreme bird weakness with 4 other weaknesses, including rock and Ice.

All this to set Spore and Leech Seeds hard against the right enemy. Finding its niche is still in the air, but a 95/110/110 defenses with water and ground resistance must have some niche to be found. All in all, we must make Parasect great like it never was. It can likely put a stop on most forms of Charizard unless they carry a flying or rock move, cutting into their great coverage and they don't likely want a Quake or Stun Spore or to enable Parasect's healing. Heatran isn't a fan either. Granted, most non-fire types don't give a shit because Parasect still has too many common weaknesses to exploit.

Most flying types cannot wait for Parasect to enter so they can kill it before it even gets to go so there is that.

Masquerain
Concept:
Water type setup sweeper who can also provide fast webs bolstered by intimidate and a low weakness count.
Stats: 90/60/62/105/102/100 (519)
Type: Bug/Water
Ability: Intimidate (Unnerve)
Movepool Changes: Hurricane, -Stun Spore
How does this fulfill the concept?: I mean it sorta does this same role in PU with much worse stats. 100+ in all special stats doesn't hurt. Its 3 fairly common weaknesses do not help it. It could play a defensive pivot with Sticky Web, Defog, Tailwind, roost and U-Turn to go with Intimidate, or it can be a QD sweeper. Granted 62 defense is bad, but Intimidate can alleviate that. The loss of Flying type doesn't hurt in the slightest unless you fear spikes like crazy and really want that 4x grass and Fight resistance.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Not a criticism, but why are people such a fan of 2+ immunity abilities? 50/50s are some of the most frustrating aspects of Pokémon and those set ups are a textbook definition of it

Rapidash
Type: Fire / Ground
Concept: Fast Fire-type physical attacker
Stats: 85 / 100 / 70 / 80 / 60 / 110
Abilities: Flame Body / Rattled | Dazzling (HA)
Movepool: +Extremespeed, +U-turn, +Earth Power
Reasoning: This Rapidash is a powerful revenge killer; with great dual STAB of Flare Blitz and High Horsepower, Extremespeed, and Dazzling, it can stop many sweeps in their tracks. The speed tier is above most of the current attackers, but still leaves plenty of room for other things. Salazzle, Tyrantrum, Smeargle and Delphox all are bulkier, more powerful ( except Smeargle ), and have other outstanding traits, so this seems reasonable to me.

Dustox
Type: Bug / Poison
Concept: Defensive Bug / Poison with a good supporting movepool and Quiver Dance
Stats: 65 / 55 / 105 / 88 / 123 / 89
Abilities: Shield Dust / Compound Eyes | Swarm (HA)
Movepool: +Toxic Spikes, +Stun Spore, +Night Shade
Reasoning: A versatile support pokemon with a wide movepool including Toxic Spikes, Defog, U-turn, Whirlwind, and Stun Spore. It also has a decent speed tier for a wall, although its not as bulky as the other walls. Quiver Dance allows it to serve as a win condition, as well, able to beat pokemon like Smeargle, Ampharos, Electrode, and walls that rely on Toxic to beat stat boosters. It could even run something like Quiver Dance / Bug Buzz / Roost / Toxic Spikes or Defog to offer role compression and overpower opposing hazard setters or deniers.

Tsareena
Type: Grass / Fighting
Concept: Grass-type defensive pivot with Rapid Spin and powerful STAB attacks
Stats: 95 / 105 / 105 / 75 / 70 / 70
Abilities: No Guard / Sweet Veil | Queenly Majesty (HA)
Movepool: -Grasswhistle, +Bulk Up,
Reasoning: A nice bulky spinner, but more importantly, a check to Tyrantrum that can take Rock / Ground coverage and OHKO it with High Jump Kick. No Guard is there so that High Jump Kick only damages you if you make a mistake. STAB Power Whip and High Jump Kick allow it to hit pretty hard even if running a defensive set. Fits well on offense teams thanks to U-turn and good offensive presence.

Edit: A couple of things I noticed

Yung Dramps I think you might be unaware that Stunfisk doesn't naturally learn Volt Switch. You mention pivoting and it's like the only electric that doesn't learn it so I figured I'd mention it just in case.
Dilasc I notice you mentioned some OU pokemon in your writeups. Keep in mind this is a micrometagame and the only pokemon that exist are the ones we create here.

Some subs whose power level makes nervous:

Anaconja's Buzzwole: by the time it's bulky enough to counter CB Tyrantrum without resisting Rock, it's bulky enough to counter almost any conceivable physical attacker with neutral attacks. It's SpD isn't even that bad, nor is its typing, and its offense is great. Countering Tyrantrum is absolutely a good idea, but it needs to be done with a resist.

Dilasc's Masquerain: My only objection is Sticky Web. This pokemon is a very powerful Quiver Dancer with good offense and setup potential. Sticky Web is one of those hyper cheese moves that needs to be on a crap mon to be balanced, in my opinion.

Demon Dragon's Kartana: I respect that this is super easy to revenge kill, but that doesn't necessarily justify a level of power that makes it unwallable. This actually hits slightly harder with Hyper Cutter moves than normal Kartana, but it also gets Earthquake, automatic coverage vs. Grass, and has its biggest weakness mitigated. I worry that this just invalidates stall or balance.

I'm wary in general of super bulky Regenerator mons, especially because we already have Delphox, and once you have two you get the rather frustrating scenario where your opponent just regains health all day by switching back and forth.

Last edited:
Ok, based on recent observations, I hopefully have nerfed my Kartana to the point where it is powerful, but not too OP, as now its Speed is garbage without a Choice Scarf and I have removed EQ, making Fire-types pretty much wall it now.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Aight lads, it's time to begin voting! Due to the nature of this slate, it'll work slightly differently. Instead of voting by mon, you'll instead vote by type for all 4 of them. So something like this:

Bug: <your vote(s)>
Fighting: <your vote(s)>
Grass: <your vote(s)>
Ground: <your vote(s)>

If there's a mon you like that takes up two of those typings, you can combine the two voting "slots" into one to indicate you want that one specific mon or set of mons to occupy the slot for both types. Here are my votes as an example:

Bug/Fighting: Demon Dragon's Pinsir, My Pheromosa, Anaconja's Buzzwole
Grass: The Cruelest's Whimsicott, My Chesnaught, Scoopapa's Tsareena
Ground: Scoopapa's Rapidash, The Cruelest's Marowak, My Stunfisk

So we'll be choosing 4 pokemon at the end? Just want to make sure pokemon with two types as Grass/Bug/Fighting/Ground aren't having votes from both types counted towards winning one type; they should need to win in just one type or the other. That's probably how you were going to do it but just making sure.

anaconja

long day at job
Grass: Yung Dramps (Chesnaught), Anaconja (Torterra), Scoopapa (Tsareena)
Ground: Scoopapa (Rapidash), Anaconja (Torterra), Demon Dragon (Garchomp)
Fighting: Yung Dramps (Chesnaught), Anaconja (Buzzwole), Scoopapa (Tsareena)
Bug: Scoopapa (Dustox), Anaconja (Buzzwole), Dilasc (Masquerain)

Grass: Whimsicott ( The Cruelest ), Chesnaught ( Yung Dramps ), Kartana ( Demon Dragon )
Ground: Stunfisk ( Yung Dramps ), Torterra ( Anaconja ), Garchomp ( Demon Dragon )
Bug: Pheromosa ( Yung Dramps ), Dustox ( Scoopapa ), Masquerain ( Dilasc )
Fighting: Pheromosa ( Yung Dramps ), Buzzwole ( Anaconja ), Chesnaught ( Yung Dramps )

Edit: sorry i changed votes a little, I swear I meant to vote for Whimsicott initially

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
it is time for winners my dudes

Name: Pheromosa
Concept: Glass Cannon
Stats: 71 / 122 / 37 / 122 / 37 / 121 (510)
Abilities: Wonder Skin, Limber
Movepool Changes(if any): -Drill Run, Ice Beam
Other Modifications?:
With these changes, Pheromosa can now be beaten more easily by scarfers, as well as getting walled pretty handily by Salazzle and Bulk Up Swellow. The loss of Beast Boost also prevents dumb snowballing scenarios. Despite this, its speed and strength are still way above average, and it can make the foe second-guess as to whether its physical or specially-based.
Name: Whimsicott
Stats: 70/57/115/77/95/116 (530)
Typing: Grass/Fairy
Abilities: Prankster/Infiltrator/Chlorophyll
Movepool Changes(if any): +Synthesis
How does this fulfill the concept?: This Whimsicott aims to be a fast support Pokemon with a little bit of longevity to it. The big thing here is that I can't make it too similar to Electrode, and I think I don't think I need to change much to make it good while keeping that in mind. Whimsicott already has a bunch of stuff to work with in its movepool, including Taunt, Memento, Encore, Knock Off, U-Turn, and if you really want to, Tailwind or Trick Room. I gave it enough bulk that it could likely choose to invest in one or the other and do okay on that end, but not as well on the other end.

Rapidash
Type: Fire / Ground
Concept: Fast Fire-type physical attacker
Stats: 85 / 100 / 70 / 80 / 60 / 110
Abilities: Flame Body / Rattled | Dazzling (HA)
Movepool: +Extremespeed, +U-turn, +Earth Power
Reasoning: This Rapidash is a powerful revenge killer; with great dual STAB of Flare Blitz and High Horsepower, Extremespeed, and Dazzling, it can stop many sweeps in their tracks. The speed tier is above most of the current attackers, but still leaves plenty of room for other things. Salazzle, Tyrantrum, Smeargle and Delphox all are bulkier, more powerful ( except Smeargle ), and have other outstanding traits, so this seems reasonable to me.
Pheromosa will occupy both the Fighting and Bug slots, Whimsicott will be our first Grass type and Rapidash our first Ground type. Now sit tight while we look into getting the meta coded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)