Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

If I were to put a giant dirt box around the entire map, would all ambient light go away? If so, how could I remove the sun from my map but keep some amount of ambient light?

Edit: The point is to be able to sustain zombies throughout the whole day

That's not quite possible (total ambient lighting)

What you can do to find a healthy median is put a glass dome over your map and then coat it in water.

New snapshot.

-Added a menu with options for opening your single-player world
-The multi-player menu now scans for LAN servers (single-player worlds)
-Villagers will remove trade options after the option has been used 3-15 times
-Added wooden stairs for the remaining three wood types
-Corrected Ender Chest storage (no longer whiped on respawning)
-A lot of smaller changes and fixes

Villager trading got nerfed!

Also, the /tp command now allows you to go to specific coordinates!

RAILS CAN NOW BE PLACED ON UPSIDE-DOWN HALFSLABS!! SAFE NETHER RAILS, HERE I COME!

The stupid entity-freeze bug is still in, which is major garbage... I get the feeling Mojang just adds more and more new features instead of fixing major bugs first. I really hope 1.3 will be stable.

New snapshot.

:(

I was looking forward to renewable redstone and enchanted tools from priests.

But thank freaking god. The drowning knockback is gone.:nerd::heart:

New snapshot.

We can still make them breed like crazy and kill the non trading ones. Think of it like 1.7-1.1 sheep.

I think they'll always have something for trade, its just that some options will be removed after used certain amount of times, possibly to appear later on.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The possibility of more oosos has resulted in the #oosos irc channel. I'll make most of the people who help run the game op on the channel and such. Place in your joins please.

The mob trap under the red gyarados is finally fixed. I know there are alternatives by now, but the option is there if anybody wants to use it.

The Charity House is completely out of cobble again. If anybody has extra lying around it would be super appreciated if you could donate it! If you don't wanna transport it yourself then drop me a message, I can arrange a pickup.

And last line of general business, I'm going to hopefully start a large project soon and I need help with aesthetics. I build for utility, I'm not so great with the visual aspect of things, but since I'm so close to spawn I need to make it look decent. I'll post more details in the future, but I have a vague idea of what it's going to be like so if you're interested I can give you a framework to mull over ideas with.

Now for specific messages.

@Megados: This hole in the middle of the slime room is pretty inconvenient, can I patch this up or is there a reason for it?

===
@Az: If you don't intend to play on Smogcraft anymore, may I remove this?

===
@culprit (you know who you are and logblock knows who you are): This is NOT how you use the tree farm, don't be lazy.

Okay well due to Lancer quitting and Sean dismantling the building nearby, I'm claiming more of the peninsula. I moved the border back to x718, around z-1300.

Please don't build here or in the sea around the lighthouse.

for when 1.3 comes around i am claiming this mountain and area around it for an upcoming project i have planned. posting this here just incase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)