Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Stoked about the new snapshot, Dinnerbone's really going to town with all the features. Over 16 million possible colours for leather armor? The item frames? THE FREAKING WITHER BOSS? Awesome, can't wait for the next update.

Awesome update. The coloured leather armour and the Wither boss look like the best. Oh yeah, and having walls and rotatable stairs is pretty awesome too. A whole lot of possibilites now. Let's hope for a new dimension for the wither boss maybe? I could see like a reverse world where the trees have no leaves on them, making them look petrified, the oceans have dried up, it's always nighttime, and their are no animals except for aggro mobs.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I seriously doubt the withers will be found at random places in the overworld. A wither in a village would completely eradicate it. When fought, it breaks stuff. It would be too devastating for a normal base.

Perhaps they will only appear at the bottom layers, the ones with fog (and diamonds)? If so, I'll never go down there again. I'm jumpy enough as it is (seriously, I can't stand being down there, even at Peaceful).

Or they will populate The End after the Enderdragon is slain. Or perhaps reside in Nether Fortresses, making the Blazes seem like a walk in the park.

Or perhaps in Desert/Jungle temples? Abandoned Mineshafts? Strongholds? Anyway, I seriously doubt they will pop up anywhere like your common creeper.

I could see them popping up in mineshafts and in the foggy layers of minecraft, but invisibility potions are going to be a pain to deal with. The griefing...... Ugh......

For dealing with invisible people, they should make it possible to brew gunpowder into milk. Splash potion of moomoo - makes hidden people visible!

Also, my biggest hope for 1.4 is the glorious return of sky dimension, which I believe is still in the code. And you fight the Wither there, on small islands made out of something dark.

That reminds me, is out server in hard or normal mode? Cause apparently in hard mode fire spreads much quicker, like in the older versions now. This very well could be a problem if the server is in hard mode......

Do not be so eager for 1.4:

Dinnerbone Twitter

There's lots of confusion about this, so here's a little bit of clarification: Mob exp hasn't changed, but xp mob farms have been nerfed.
I dont like this at all. Sure I have to get xp legit now but a lot of fun from minecraft comes from doing technical things like this. Dinnerbone sucks

Exp farms are pretty silly, more like exploiting the system opposed to playing the game. Sucks that'll be gone but I don't mind too much. Dinnerbone is still the best for coloring armor.

Repeating what I've been telling everybody:

He had the option to make Endermen dismantle them completely. He instead chose to just nerf how useful they are.

I'm very annoyed with the whole xp grinder nerf. Building one takes a whole lot of resources and time and you should be rewarded for that. If he wants to make other means more viable, buff other means. Don't nerf the best one. Both the reddit and minecraftforum communities are against this change, hopefully Dinnerbone will acknowledge that. Seems like he's usually pretty good with that though.

Anyway, apart from everything else I'm also really excited about the buff to fire spread. It seems like entire forests burn to the ground in 5 minutes on Hard. I'm assuming Smogcraft is on Normal, but I wouldn't mind stepping up to Hard now. Of course this does mean that we can't have any fire anywhere in Oho Oasis anymore.

Cobblestone walls form pillars when placed vertically, it seems, so that's cool too.

Man Creepers are just a giant inconvenience for me in Minecraft they should just take them out guys. It takes effort to build my stuff in Minecraft, I should be rewarded for it.

What I'm being a dick for is that I don't mind the game having a bit more difficulty, even if the increase of difficulty is just indirect. Taking out a change because people are crying about it is silly.

I am looking forward to when the pocket Edition gets better updates. Currently I am playing it and would say it one of the best apps out there. Of course it can compare to PC Minecraft.
Does anyone Else play the Pocket Edition?

So I signed up for a Closed World Experiment last week and last night was the first night. After some troubleshooting, it got up and running.

And then a PvP griefer found diamonds and iron in the first 5 minutes and proceeded to slaughter all he saw with the help of a minimap mod. Later that night, we took him down, got the anti-radar thing going, and he didn't show up tonight.

Tonight was filled with progress, alliance, minor despair, and a railway between bases. We've come to terms with the fact that Sugar Cane and Pumpkins may be extinct with the loss of the PvP Griefer. This means that there will be no enchantments (village didn't spawn in our area). We found an abandoned mineshaft and a ravine, and we believe there are skeleton, zombie, and cave spider spawners still alive.

Our area is 250x250. We've mined out half a ring around the world underground.

Also our reporter randomly appearing is scaring the hell out of people. We're all on edge because we're not sure if anybody is hostile or not right now. I've been doing my best to be friendly to everybody.

Experiment will last for 2 weeks.

Hey, I'm having a little trouble with the server. Whenever I load into the spawn area, I get kicked ~5 seconds later with the following message:

Connection Lost

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset​

If I quickly warp into The End (I set my Home there), the server functions fine and I experience no problems. I only get kicked when I warp back into the Overworld. I also seem to be able to play on other servers without a hitch.

So I'm not sure if this is a problem entirely based on my end or a general problem others have also been experiencing? Maybe my connection can't handle some complex Red Stone circuitry set up near Spawn? I have no clue. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. :heart:

Disregarding Notch's general stupidity/trolling, has anyone here personally witnessed Herobrine or what they thought was Herobrine?

This needs to be in my game. In fact I'm changing the files to add it. Download in the description:

[youtube]1GDWRyZUjOw[/youtube]

There's a villager at spawn village that trades chainmail helmets.

Also:

What the hell does that mean? :D
The rates of this thing aren't too great btw. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)