Other Metagames [MNM] Forgotten ft CB Zekrom

Introduction
Hey! Welcome to my 2nd mnm rmt. Forgotten is a webs ho team with unorthodox/forgotten mons which arent used in the current meta due to several reasons. I made this team alongside another webs team which consisted of specs lunala. The main motive of this team is to abuse CB Zekrom and Red Orb Victini, both of the mons which arent built around usually and are hindered by their moderate speed stat.

Team-building Process

So, i started with shuckle, which is easily the best webs setter in the current meta imo.The combination of Mold Breaker + webs and sr is really good which is further improved with its great defenses.

Next came red orb victini. With the unbanning of darkrai, the usage of victini severly dropped down. Furthermore, victini faces competition from pdon and azelf for red orb slot. This made victini less and less common,However, victini can still sweep teams with its mixed set if its not accounted for,which is a common case since its not used much

Pogre was my third choice. While Pogre might seem odd in a webs team,the combination of powerful stab + weather works as a perfect sweeper and with cm,even blissey finds it difficult to switch in.

I really wanted a powerful physical attacker at this point and thats where Zekrom came into my mind. While, i have used a defensive Zekrom set in my stall teams, i never explored its offensive set. Though its movepool is not great, but it certainly puts work if the opposing team doesnt have a ground type.

At this point i thought a espeeder would be great. So, i went with alt zyg, However, after testing this team, i immediately found it was really weak to pixelate espeed, This made me do two changes in the team, alt zyg ---> alt lando and lunala (special sweeper)-----> lunala (physically defensive). Alt lando works perfectly well for this team, offering a intimidate + having great offensive movepool.

Finally i went with lunala to wrap it up. Lunala seemed like a obvious choice for a special sweeper for a webs team, boasting a good spa stat and having a great ability. Its z move set in particular, has flourished in the meta even after the arrival of darkrai.

The Team

Shuckle @ Ampharosite | Sturdy

Calm | 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD

IVs: 0 Atk

• Sticky Web

• Infestation

• Encore

• Stealth Rock

This is a fairly standard shuckle set with ampharosite chosen over gyaradosite. While both makes it weak to pixelate espeed,an additional dragon type makes it takes neutral damage from dark types while also resisting water. Encore is a must, since it lets u trap mons that set up on shuckle, since shuckle is quite passive. While u can always go toxic over infestation, It is always important to get ur webs up ASAP.

Victini @ Red Orb | Victory Star

Hasty | 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe

• V-create

• U-turn

• Blue Flare

• Bolt Strike

Here comes our first star of the show.Victini, abuses the red orb by having acces to a great mixed set with vcreate and blue flare as its stab. U turn allows it to pivot, while bolt strike punishes blue orb users such as skarmory,golisopod and pogre. The ev spread is not common and u might change it if u want, but 56 spa investment allows guaranteed 2hko to sable mandibuzz from blue flare while the rest of the evs are put into attack and speed.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb | Primordial Sea

Timid | 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

• Water Spout

• Origin Pulse

• Ice Beam

• Calm Mind

So i got the idea of using pogre in webs from my ssnl series where my opponent,stresh,fking destroyed my stall with this set. All in all its really an amazing set, working similar to eruption pdon in webs.

Zekrom @ Choice Band | Teravolt

Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

• Bolt Strike

• Dragon Claw

• Toxic

• Crunch

There comes our 2nd star. Zekrom is personally on of the coolest mons for me. While its movepool is quite shallow, mostly u just spam bolt strike. Toxic is important because it allows u to poison sablenite users and pdon,which otherwise tank all ur hits. Dragon claw was chosen as its secondary stab move and over outrage due to presence of altarianite users. It is better to send out zekrom when the opponents ground type/pdon is gone, Since this allows not to give a free turn to the opponent. The 4th move can be anything stone edge/crunch/defog/volt switch .

Landorus-Therian @ Altarianite | Intimidate

Jolly | 252 Atk | 252 Spe

• Return

• Explosion

• Earthquake

• Swords Dance

So, alt zyg was used over alt zygarde as i was terribly weak to alt users(which i still am a little bit). Fairly standard alt zyg set with return ,eq and sd. Explosion is for removing the opponent's defogger so that webs cant be removed. Maximised speed and attack investment so that it can sweep after a +2

Lunala @ Lunalium Z | Shadow Shield

Bold | 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpA

• Calm Mind

• Moongeist Beam

• Psyshock/ Focus Blast

• Roost

Lunala works as a perfect defensive check to alt entei due to its ability. This spread allows it to take a hit from sacred fire + espeed from entei while also ohkoing with z move.Furthermore,it allows to set up on pdon if its not carrying sd and then heal itself with roost. the last slot can be either focus blast or psyshock depending on if u want accuracy or power.

THREATLIST
Diancite users : It is quite evident by looking at the team that it is terribly weak to diancite users particularly Darkrai. The reason is simple, because my fastest mon is victini which is stil outsped by any diancite user having base speed stat 350 or above before mega evolviing. Darkrai, in particular 6-0s this team. the only way to win against is either save pogre or zekrom to 100% health and then ko it (hoping 1.The opponent doesnt switch 2.u hit ur respective move 3.u dont get flinched) here is a perfect example of how the combination of darkrai and hax pressurizes this team

Kartana : Kartana is another threat to watch out for since it threatens 80% of my team. Lunala kills it if at full health or even tini but u still gotta play very carefully against it.

Accuracy : No joke, u really need to pray to ur aimbot. Since u rely on 85% accuracy moves to kill ur opponent's mon, it can really fuck u up when u miss.

Pixelate espeed : Since lunala is my only check to these, its pretty easy to break my team through these mons. Although other mons can take a hit even from +1, a team having two atespeeders can potentially sweep my team

Replays

Conclusion
Not one of the most competent team i've built, but surely was fun to play and build around with it. This team can be improved much more but will need to sacrifice either zekrom or victini to gain a better mu against rai. Finally s/o to RaJ.Shoot and saba1111 for testing help and tours room for being awesome.
Shuckle @ Ampharosite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Infestation
- Encore
- Stealth Rock
Victini @ Red Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Zekrom @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic
- Crunch

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Def / 152 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Altarianite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 Atk / 168 Def / 4 SpD / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)