Gen 7 Monotype Fairy Team

Recently i started playing some pokemon, although i only have Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon i wanted to play a bit online on it and was trying to build a good team to go with, i don't want to use Magearma or the Tapu's as i don't like using lendary pokemons in general, so i would like to have some help in crafting such team.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Dark Pulse
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

Field Setter, Alola Ninetails is by far my favorite pokemon and i wanted to use her properly, Snow Warning and Aurora Veil to get my team some extra resistance, i always send her first no matter what, the EV's on Speed and Timid nature to guarante i will be able to get Aurora Veil on and Moonblast/Ice Beam to try getting a Kill on a pokemon that comes early and a Dark Pulse to try dealing with other enemies.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cosmic Power
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Stored Power

Defense Tank, Toxic into Cosmic Power, trying to stack as many defense as possible and stoping a Physical sweeper while slowing down the game so i can use Stored power again and again, Moonlight helps me to heal her so she can continue her stacking or to heal a pokemon that is injuried and can deal better with the oposing pokemon.

Sylveon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
- Hidden Power
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice

Special Defense Tank, A Agressive tank with Assalt Vest, Hyper voice and Pixaleted, most Sylveons run a Special attack set so my ideia was trying to get a bait on a Taunt or making my oponent think he has a free turn or two to set their skills, Hidden power Fire to deal with steel enemies and bulky EVs so he can do damage while still standing.

Mawile @ Fairium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

Physical Attacker, Mawille is there just do damage, I always try getting 1 or 2 two swords dance and use Fairium Z on play rough, Sucker punch as most trainers try getting a quick kill on Mawille so i can try preventing it with sucker punch as i gave her no defensive capability, i did no train her speed as even if i did she would still be slower than most sweepers.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hidden Power
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Special Attacker, Mega Gardevoair as it is my only Shiny Pokemon, i always go for substitute and calm mind with hidden power Poison so i can deal with other Fairy Pokemons, trying to get as many calm minds as possible is what i always try, Psychock for the Stab and to try dealing with more enemies as i can't always go for 3 or 4 calm minds in a row.

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam

Special Attacker, Primarina is in a weird spot in my team, i don't really know what else should i get into and her set is quinda just straighfoward damage as she was my started is the one i don't really know how to replace or what to replace with, i just use Aqua jet to try getting quick kill or moonblast to get her stab to deal some work, i never used her in a match as it usually ends before or i just forfeit from a extreme loss.

My team is a complete mess and i am quite lost, i tried looking around for some tips and somewhere i readed about using a setter clefable and using Mimikyu. The problem is most teams use Tapu's and Magearmas and those are pokemons i am not really looking into using them...

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Dark Pulse
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Stored Power

Sylveon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
- Hidden Power
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice

Mawile @ Fairium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Hidden Power
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Liquid Voice
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

unlocked

Last edited:
Reactions: TPP
Hi Azalesh I have quite a few recommendations to offer, it seems you do not want to use any Legendary Pokemon and that Alolan Ninetales is your favourite Pokemon, so I will be sure to make changes to meet that criteria.

You do mention that you are completely lost and that is completely fine, however that can be because of the fact that you do not want to use legendaries such as Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, or Mega Diancie as they all provide vital roles for Fairy teams. (Here is the gen 7 monotype samples thread if you do change your mind about those 3 Pokemon https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-sample-teams.3599682/ )

Major Changes:

:Sylveon: ---> :Mimikyu:
Sylveon ---> Mimikyu

In all honestly the Sylveon set here does not accomplish much, Assault Vest is inferior to both a Defensive Wish set and an Offensive Choice Specs set, and the team is very passive in itself so a Swords Dance sweeper in Mimikyu would be a fine addition to start things off. Mimikyu can be used as a late-game sweeper vs a lot of teams and most notably a great win condition versus Psychic teams. In addition, it appreciates Alolan Ninetales Aurora Veil support to allow it to setup more easily.

:Primarina: ---> :Azumarill:
Primarina ---> Azumarill
You mention Primarina has no real role on your team, Azumarill outclasses it as a Water / Fairy type and can provide a late-game win condition vs many teams with Belly Drum. Holding a Normalium Z Crystal allows Azumarill to set up a Belly Drum no matter how low its HP is. Aqua Jet is STAB priority to make up for Azumarills poor base speed stat, and Knock Off is great to OHKO Toxapex and Celesteela at +6. Play Rough is Strong Fairy STAB.

:Mawile: ---> :Klefki:
Mawile ---> Klefki

This team straight up loses to SD Mega Scizor, so slotting in Klefki for Mawile makes a lot of sense. Foul Play can be used to punish a +2 Scizor or any other boosting threat for that matter. Dual Screen support, although might not be needed with the presence of Alolan Ninetales can prove to be valuable insurance to allow both Mimikyu and Azumarill to setup more easily. Spikes is used for entry hazards as the team itself does not have any way to set up hazards.

Minor Changes:

:Ninetales-Alola:
Alolan Ninetales

Not much to change here, Dark Pulse provides no real coverage, therefore swapping it out for Encore to lock setup sweepers or Stealth Rock setters for example, into a move to then allow you to take advantage of them. Freeze-Dry is preferred Ice-type STAB move to deal with Pelipper, Mantine, and Swampert.

:Gardevoir-Mega:
Mega Gardevoir.

This set really has no purpose as it gets walled by Steel-types and Hidden Power Poison to hit other Fairy-types is not practical whatsoever. Focus Blast should be used as Mega Gardevoir can nail Ferrothorn, Heatran and other Steel-types hard. Will-O-Wisp can cripple switch-ins such as Alolan Muk, Bisharp and Mega Scizor. Hyper Voice is also essential as it is Fairy STAB and is boosted by Pixilate.

:Clefable:
Clefable

Unaware Stored Power Clefable is a cheese pick, although it can win some games, it requires great matchups. Toxic on the set makes no sense here as well. I"ll start by recommending a Magic Guard + Calm Mind Clefable. This Clefable once again can benefit from Veil set by Alolan Ninetales and Dual Screens from Klefki and would fit the team of this set up spam build. Softboiled is far more reliable form of recovery than Moonlight due to increased PP. Moonblast is Fairy STAB that hits hard when boosted by mutliple Calm Minds. Lastly Flamethrower can deal with Steel-types which would otherwise wall Clefable.

That was quite a lot, I hope you find these recommendations useful, I went to the best of my abilities in order to craft a team within your criteria of keeping A-Ninetales and not including Legendaries. Good luck with the team!

Team: https://pokepast.es/6211421d7db037c7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)