Monotype OMs Mega Thread

Hello there,

I've been working on a Ground Monotype team but I just can't decide which Pokémon to use- and I was hoping an outside opinion might make things clearer. (Note that this isn't really for any particular tier as I am going to make this team in real life just for fun) ---

Hippowdon - Sand Streamer/ Phaser
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Leftovers / Smooth Rock
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 Hp - 252 SpD - 4 Def
Move 1: Earthquake
Move 2: Stealth Rock
Move 3: Whirlwind
Move 4: Slack Off
Role: Pretty obvious; open with Hip Hop, get the sand storming, lay down some Rocks, phase and recover as necessary. Once the rocks are down you could probably just swap her out to another DD mon and bring her back in when your sand is gone. Leftovers makes her last a lot longer, but with my teams emphasis on weather I feel like Smooth Rock might be a necessity.

Dugtrio - Trapper/Revenge Killer
Ability: Arena Trap
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk - 252 Spe - 4 SpA
Move 2: Reversal
Move 3: Stone Edge
Move 4: Sucker Punch/Memento
Role: Used on weakened unsuspecting Pokémon to just ruin their day. This guy's speed is awesome, and he even takes me by surprise sometimes- out speeding nearly everything not wearing a scarf. He's so fast even, that sometimes I don't think he even needs Sucker Punch- but then I'd have to breed another one just to try out Memento, and I don't know if I'll even be using him in the long run.

Rhyperior - Wallbreaker/Bulky Sweeper
Ability: Solid Rock
Item: Assault Vest
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Atk - 252 SpD - 4 Hp
Move 2: Stone Edge
Move 3: Avalanche / Fire Punch
Move 4: Hammer Arm / Superpower
Role: Now, I know that Rhy isn't the most popular choice, but on paper he seems really good. With Sand up and a vest on, he's basically indestructible! Maybe his attack and HP EVs should be swapped to give him some added bulk- but I think he looks pretty darn intimidating. I still don't know how well he'd do though...

Excadrill - Speed Sweeper
Ability: Sand Rush
Item: Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk - 252 Spe - 4 Hp
Move 2: Iron Head
Move 3: Poison Jab
Move 4: X-Scissor / Rapid Spin
Role: Depends. Life Orb is more flexible, but really does require the Sand to work effectively. Scarf, on the other hand, works fine out of Sand, and in Sand- I think it just out speeds everything in the world. I don't really think this team needs a spinner, as Rocks don't really frighten ground Pokémon at all, but I put it down for good measure. (Note: If I do decide to use another Scarf Pokémon, I'll make him a Life Orb variant)

Camerupt - Special Wallbreaker
Item: Cameruptite
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA - 252 Hp - 4 SpD
Move 1: Earth Power
Move 2: Fire Blast
Move 3: Ancient Power
Move 4: Flash Cannon / Hidden Power (Grass)
Role: So, out of all the 4 megas to choose from, why did I go for this one? Because, well, it's so awesome you guys. Ya, it's slow, but come on! It can take down a max SpD SHIELDED Aegislash with one Fire Blast! What!? Ya, that's what I said.

Krookodile - Sweeper
Ability: Moxie
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Move 2: Knock Off
Move 3: Superpower
Move 4: Aqua Tail / Stone Edge
Role: I'm not to sure how well he'd work. On paper he works like this- pick a move most of your opponents Pokémon are weak to, gradually built up your attack stat and sweep easier and easier the longer he stays out. Still, I don't know how good he'd actually be...

Garchomp - Sweeper
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Naughty
Move 1: Outrage / Dragon Claw
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Aqua Tail / Stone Edge
Move 4: Draco Meteor
Role: I think this is a pretty standard moveset, not too many surprises here. Just your typical Chomp sweeper. I chose Sand Veil over Rough Skin because with the weather up all the time the added evasion is more appreciated, especially considering Chompy's frailty. The problem I have with it is that it's so predictable, and most people have a counter for this sort of thing.

Flygon - Scout/Momentum Builder (Hang on, let me explain)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe - 252 Atk - 4 SpA
Move 1: U-Turn
Move 2: Dragon Tail
Move 3: Fire Blast
Role: So, what you're probably thinking is "What is this? This looks awful!" Yes well, the only reason I would use Flygon over Garchomp is because of one move- U-Turn. With U-Turn and Dragon Tail Flygon becomes a major pest, gaining momentum, gradually weakening the opposing team and phasing set up sweepers and walls (clocking up Stealth Rock damage as you go along). On top of that, U-Turn back to Hippowdon to get the sand up again when it stops. Again, in my head it works okay, but I don't know if it's worth using for the sake of having a cool Pokémon...

Gastrodon - Special Wall / Water Absorber
Ability: Storm Drain
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Hp - 120 Def - 136 SpD
Move 1: Scald
Move 2: Recover
Move 3: Toxic / Infestation
Move 4: Infestation / Sandstorm
Role: So, obviously Ground types tend to struggle with Water- a very popular and powerful type. Well, fear no more! Switch El Gastro into an oncoming Hydro Pump and laugh as it does nothing and gives you a stat boost instead! Of course, it does more than that. Toxic combined with Infestation gives a nice amount of tick damage, and your opponent can't switch out while its happening. Seems like a staple, but I still can't decide whether or not so just go all out offencive...

Gliscor - Wall/Utility
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Toxic Orb
Nature: Careful/Impish
EVs: 252 Hp - 252 Def - 4 SpD (or inverted Def and SpD)
Move 2: Toxic
Move 3: Stealth Rock / Roost
Move 4: Taunt / Knock Off
Role: So, I've never used a Gliscor before, but I fought them before and ermagerd they are so hard to take down! These are the moves I've seen them with, and they definitely serve it's purpose. I really like the look of him, but I don't know if he'd fit in this team...

So, i'm at a loss. I can't pick a clear team for the life of me, but I do want to try and make a team from this. Any ideas anyone?

Last edited:

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello there,

I've been working on a Ground Monotype team but I just can't decide which Pokémon to use- and I was hoping an outside opinion might make things clearer. (Note that this isn't really for any particular tier as I am going to make this team in real life just for fun) ---

Hippowdon - Sand Streamer/ Phaser
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Leftovers / Smooth Rock
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 Hp - 252 SpD - 4 Def
Move 2: Stealth Rock
Move 3: Whirlwind
Move 4: Slack Off
Role: Pretty obvious; open with Hip Hop, get the sand storming, lay down some Rocks, phase and recover as necessary. Once the rocks are down you could probably just swap her out to another DD mon and bring her back in when your sand is gone. Leftovers makes her last a lot longer, but with my teams emphasis on weather I feel like Smooth Rock might be a necessity.

Dugtrio - Trapper/Revenge Killer
Ability: Arena Trap
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
Move 2: Reversal
Move 3: Stone Edge
Move 4: Sucker Punch/Memento
Role: Used on weakened unsuspecting Pokémon to just ruin their day. This guy's speed is awesome, and he even takes me by surprise sometimes- out speeding nearly everything not wearing a scarf. He's so fast even, that sometimes I don't think he even needs Sucker Punch- but then I'd have to breed another one just to try out Memento, and I don't know if I'll even be using him in the long run.

Rhyperior - Wallbreaker/Bulky Sweeper
Item: Assault Vest
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 Atk - 252 SpD - 4 Hp
Move 2: Stone Edge
Move 3: Avalanche / Fire Punch
Move 4: Hammer Arm / Superpower
Role: Now, I know that Rhy isn't the most popular choice, but on paper he seems really good. With Sand up and a vest on, he's basically indestructible! Maybe his attack and HP EVs should be swapped to give him some added bulk- but I think he looks pretty darn intimidating. I still don't know how well he'd do though...

Excadrill - Speed Sweeper
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
Move 2: Iron Head
Move 3: Poison Jab
Move 4: X-Scissor / Rapid Spin
Role: Depends. Life Orb is more flexible, but really does require the Sand to work effectively. Scarf, on the other hand, works fine out of Sand, and in Sand- I think it just out speeds everything in the world. I don't really think this team needs a spinner, as Rocks don't really frighten ground Pokémon at all, but I put it down for good measure. (Note: If I do decide to use another Scarf Pokémon, I'll make him a Life Orb variant)

Camerupt - Special Wallbreaker
Item: Cameruptite
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA - 252 Hp - 4 SpD
Move 1: Earth Power
Move 2: Fire Blast
Move 3: Ancient Power
Move 4: Flash Cannon / Hidden Power (Grass)
Role: So, out of all the 4 megas to choose from, why did I go for this one? Because, well, it's so awesome you guys. Ya, it's slow, but come on! It can take down a max SpD SHIELDED Aegislash with one Fire Blast! What!? Ya, that's what I said.

Krookodile - Sweeper
Ability: Moxie
Nature: Jolly
Move 2: Knock Off
Move 3: Superpower
Move 4: Aqua Tail / Stone Edge
Role: I'm not to sure how well he'd work. On paper he works like this- pick a move most of your opponents Pokémon are weak to, gradually built up your attack stat and sweep easier and easier the longer he stays out. Still, I don't know how good he'd actually be...

Garchomp - Sweeper
Ability: Sand Veil
Move 1: Outrage / Dragon Claw
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Aqua Tail / Stone Edge
Role: I think this is a pretty standard moveset, not too many surprises here. Just your typical Chomp sweeper. I chose Sand Veil over Rough Skin because with the weather up all the time the added evasion is more appreciated, especially considering Chompy's frailty. The problem I have with it is that it's so predictable, and most people have a counter for this sort of thing.

Flygon - Scout/Momentum Builder (Hang on, let me explain)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spe - 252 Atk - 4 SpA
Move 1: U-Turn
Move 2: Dragon Tail
Move 3: Fire Blast
Role: So, what you're probably thinking is "What is this? This looks awful!" Yes well, the only reason I would use Flygon over Garchomp is because of one move- U-Turn. With U-Turn and Dragon Tail Flygon becomes a major pest, gaining momentum, gradually weakening the opposing team and phasing set up sweepers and walls (clocking up Stealth Rock damage as you go along). On top of that, U-Turn back to Hippowdon to get the sand up again when it stops. Again, in my head it works okay, but I don't know if it's worth using for the sake of having a cool Pokémon...

Gastrodon - Special Wall / Water Absorber
Ability: Storm Drain
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Hp - 120 Def - 136 SpD
Move 1: Scald
Move 2: Recover
Move 3: Toxic / Infestation
Move 4: Infestation / Sandstorm
Role: So, obviously Ground types tend to struggle with Water- a very popular and powerful type. Well, fear no more! Switch El Gastro into an oncoming Hydro Pump and laugh as it does nothing and gives you a stat boost instead! Of course, it does more than that. Toxic combined with Infestation gives a nice amount of tick damage, and your opponent can't switch out while its happening. Seems like a staple, but I still can't decide whether or not so just go all out offencive...

Gliscor - Wall/Utility
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Toxic Orb
Nature: Careful/Impish
EVs: 252 Hp - 252 Def - 4 SpD (or inverted Def and SpD)
Move 2: Toxic
Move 3: Stealth Rock / Roost
Move 4: Taunt / Knock Off
Role: So, I've never used a Gliscor before, but I fought them before and ermagerd they are so hard to take down! These are the moves I've seen them with, and they definitely serve it's purpose. I really like the look of him, but I don't know if he'd fit in this team...

So, i'm at a loss. I can't pick a clear team for the life of me, but I do want to try and make a team from this. Any ideas anyone?
If you want to discuss ground teams in general then your best bet is the Monotype Room on Pokemon Showdown! We also have other community-driven threads you may be interested in. The Good Cores thread provides ideas on how to mesh some of the Pokemon you've listed above, while the Viability Rankings can provide another perspective on the individual Pokemon. Finally, if you want to see what is commonly used on the Monotype Ladder head over to the Monotype Room website's stats page.

Welcome to Monotype, we're glad you're here. :)

If you want to discuss ground teams in general then your best bet is the Monotype Room on Pokemon Showdown! We also have other community-driven threads you may be interested in. The Good Cores thread provides ideas on how to mesh some of the Pokemon you've listed above, while the Viability Rankings can provide another perspective on the individual Pokemon. Finally, if you want to see what is commonly used on the Monotype Ladder head over to the Monotype Room website's stats page.

Welcome to Monotype, we're glad you're here. :)
Ah, my apologies. New to the site, still having trouble navigating the forums.

Thanks for the links :)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
DM35
So this is a Triple core that is fun to use for normal:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Pulse
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Obviously, Chansey's EVs/Abilities/item are standard. The moves let it support. Heal Bell cures status, Soft-Boiled is self-recovery, Seismic Toss is so you aren't taunt bait. Heal Pulse lets you keep Regigigas alive longer.

Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Knock Off/Stone Edge/Ice Punch/Heavy Slam/Aerial Ace/Fire Punch/Thunder Punch

The key to the set, but requires Spinda's support to be effective at all. Once you get contrary, Superpower is a 120 BP fighting move and a free Bulk Up. Rock Slide is a neat move that hits all opponents, with a flinch chance (although accuracy is a little bit of a letdown sometimes). EQ also hits all opponents. The last move is a single-hit move for coverage. Knock Off is generally the most useful, as it removes items, which is cool, but the others are for whatever you struggle with.

Spinda @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Skill Swap
- Trick
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

So this is what makes this core run. Skill Swap Contrary to Regigigas, then Slow Start to the opponent. Then, switch out, and Trick your Scarf away. This allows you to cripple 2 Pokemon. Protect is for those wide moves (such as EQ from Regigigas) and Sucker Punch has no immunities and has priority. EVs are speedy, with slight bulk--this lets it live Excadrill EQ.

This core is simple to use, but there are a couple of things you HAVE to do. You HAVE to send out Chansey first, then Regigigas, then Spinda, so Regigigas can hit every Pokemon on the opposing team, and can get support from both Chansey (Heal Pulse) and Spinda (Skill Swap). Then, you Superpower a few times, get healed by Chansey, and sweep. You could also use Slaking over Regigigas, but it only gets Hammer Arm, not Superpower or Close Combat, so generally Regigigas is better (unless you want to use a Bulk Up/Hammer Arm set to be fast, strong, and bulky). Since Spinda switches out, it appreciates either bulky Pokemon (I used Furfrou, but that was mostly for lolz--BulkyRaptor or Meloetta would probably be better) or fast Pokemon (like Ambipom with Fake Out and speed, or offensive Band/Scarf Staraptor, or Mega Lopunny). Blissey is another option to do the same thing as Chansey, with more bulk pre-eviolite so it is not completely rekt by Knock Off. Overall, if you get it set up, Regigigas is a boss, this is a fun core to play with and it works.

It hates: Ghost teams (cuz you can't superpower up), fighting teams (cuz what normal team likes fighting?) but other than that it is pretty solid, and it can still do stuff against these teams, which is why Knock Off is Regi's primary 4th option, and Superpower is SE on things like Terrakion/Cobalion.

Last edited:
Someone remind me how to write posts here.

Freeroamer

Hidden Type Normal Defense Core?

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Charge Beam / Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Reason: So I love me some p2, and nothing makes me like p2 more than giving it hidden bulk. These EVs (should) give you HP-Poison, which I think benefit p2 more than hurts it. First, it makes it immune to toxic, and who doesn't love a toxic immune p2? That's just stall power. Secondly, it makes its toxic have 100% accuracy, or at least it should, which is great for if you've ever had one of those clutch toxic misses that you rage at for days. Thirdly, which is more important than the second reason, it gives p2 resistance to Bug, Fairy, Fighting, Grass, Poison, most important of which being Fighting. So basically you gain more stallability (not a word) and a resistance to everyone's go-to weakness abuse without making urself weak to knock off.

But that knock off weakness won't stop me from doing this.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock / Thunder-Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy

Reason: As you've probably guessed, this is chansey with HP-Ghost. It completely rips away that death to every physical fighting move Chansey had going on, and may give you a clutch hazard set or t-wave. Oh, and feel free to do what u want with the EVs. So basically this set gets rid of one of Chansey's main weaknesses, but only makes the threat of knock off worse. But I guess we all have to compromise somewhere? Anyways, if any of you know me, you'd know that I hate Chansey among many things and, for the most part, refuse to run it. So why am I doing it here you ask? Simple. I hate Keldeo even more. If you use the, which I believe is seldom used, 252 hp/spD Chansey set then you can basically force any Keldeo to switch out. You're even safe against those weird sub/deavor Keldeos?

Or! Go for the normal/flying Chansey. It gives a resistance to fighting that'd be nice, a general confusion as to what its type may be, it doesn't increase its weakness to knock off (if only hp fairy existed), and most of the ice/electric moves are special, so you should be safe there. Do be wary of SR though. (Shout out to kamkam for this)

So that's basically it for now! Tell me why you hate it, as I know you do. And I'll / in some changes!

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Dark type Mega Audino could work. It is now weak to Fighting, Fairy, Steel, and Poison, but Fighting can now be handled by either Eviolite twin, Fairy/Poison are handled by Porygon2 with its new resistances and both of them have bulk. As it can't have its item knocked off, it is now 4x resistant to Knock Off that only has 65 base power. It also gains an immunity to Psychic, which helps Porygon2 (each of its types then have an immunity btw, to Ghost/Dragon/Psychic) and has a 4x resistance to the dark type moves that is now Chansey's only weakness. It is better than Fighting type Mega Audino imo as that gains a weakness to Psychic that it shares with Porygon2, and no immunities.

Ban Refrigerate and pixilate in AAA mono, dragons cant do anything to extremespeed spammers if they have either of these abilities, kyurem-b is only potential stopper of refrigerate, but unfortunately he is banned, either unban kyurem-b or ban both these abilities.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
The most viable users of Extremespeed who aren't banned are Dragonite, Entei, Arcanine, Genesect, Deoxys-S, Zygarde, and Lucario, none of whom gain STAB on Fairy or Ice. Dragon also has Dragonite/Zygarde who can Extremespeed spam right back. Also, are you sure there is absolutely no way for Dragon to beat these Extremespeed spammers? Who don't even get STAB on it, and most of whom are rather weak? I don't play AAA that much and when I do I have never run into these -ate Extremespeed Pokemon, bulky and stally asf Psychic teams with Poison Heal seem to be more common lol.

ban,ban,ban...how about leave roules out of game?how about be free to use everything?how about ur only clause is 'type' of ur team?
how about playing mono classic hackmons???
here we go.this is my team.i hope u like it.
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 251 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Aromatherapy
- Whirlwind
- Wish

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Parting Shot
- Fake Out

Arceus-Psychic @ Mail
Ability: Wonder Guard
Timid Nature
- Magic Coat
- Parting Shot
- Whirlwind
- Defog

Meloetta @ Shed Shell
Calm Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Aromatherapy
- Magic Coat
- Heal Order

Slaking (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 252
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Parting Shot

Regigigas @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Spore
- Frustration
- Shadow Claw

Last edited:
ban,ban,ban...how about leave roules out of game?how about be free to use everything?how about ur only clause is 'type' of ur team?
how about playing mono classic hackmos???
here we go.this is my team.i hope u like it.
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Calm Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Aromatherapy
- Whirlwind
- Wish

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Parting Shot
- Fake Out

Arceus-Psychic @ Mail
Timid Nature
- Magic Coat
- Parting Shot
- Whirlwind
- Defog

Meloetta @ Shed Shell
Calm Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Aromatherapy
- Magic Coat
- Heal Order

Slaking (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 252
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Parting Shot

Regigigas @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Spore
- Frustration
- Shadow Claw
This is not a mono normal team as long as Arceus-Psy is there. Also, shout out to mail. Underrated item.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
This is not a mono normal team as long as Arceus-Psy is there. Also, shout out to mail. Underrated item.
Actually, it is. Unless Arceus holds the specific plate and has the ability multitype, it will not change its typing, defaulting back to Arceus-Normal

AAA Grass Core

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off / Protect

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play / Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Synthesis

This is a pretty basic defensive grass core for AAA. Flash Fire rids Ferrothorn of its dreaded 4x Fire weakness, allowing it to neutralise all of grasses weaknesses and have only one weakness to Fighting. Rocking Helmet is used as a pseudo-ironbarbs ability.
Amoonguss with Thick Fat plays just like Mega-Venusaur without the stone and with increases HP (although admittedly, its defences are nowhere near as good). It resists the Fighting moves that hurt Ferrothorn, while Ferrothorn resists the Flying and Psychic moves that hurt it. Spore is very useful. Synthesis and Black Sludge are used for recovery, making up for the loss of regenerator.

Almost Any Ability DM35

Water type core

Ocarina of Time (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Night Shade
- Taunt

Opus Beta (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Acid Armor
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest

Manaphy attracts things like gyarados, but dosen't lose to mold breaker thanks to it's new move, and it's easily to heal it from it's status with partners or simply sit through enemy attacks while asleep due to it's impressive 100/100 bulk. Jellicent is basically a spdef sableye, with the added bonus of being 100% insurance against enemy unaware, as suicune and cresselia aren't really ever going to do anything to it at low boost levels and defensive evs. Night shade also manhandles anything with 50-60 HP stats like diancie. Manaphy is walled by desolate land, storm drain, etc, but it's okay because I run a suicune with mono attacking ice beam on the same team.

I thought I'd add my Inverse Ice team:

Inverse Ice Team:

Abomnasnow-Mega @Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp.D
Sassy Nature
-Giga Drain
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Blizzard

Mamoswine Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Attack /252 Speed / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Icicle Crash
-Earthquake
-Return
-Ice Shard

Articuno Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Sp.D / 158 SpD
Timid Nature
-Freeze Dry
-Toxic
-Heal Bell
-Roost

Avalugg Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 63 Defense / 189 Sp.D
Sassy Nature
-Avalanche
-Earthquake
-Recover
-Mirror Coat

Aurorus Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 SpA / 128 SpD / 128 HP
Modest Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Earth Power
-Discharge
-Stealth Rock

Kyurem Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Sp. D
Timid Nature
-Ice Beam
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Roost

Ice has a wealth of incredibly bulky pokemon whose defensive girth is undercut by their typing during normal play. In Inverse, however, Ice becomes a defensive powerhouse whose only weakness is other ice attacks; a weakness that is easily covered. The defensive core of this team is Articuno and Avalugg, who together wall most of the meta-game with their frightening bulk. The offensive core centers around banded mamoswine and specs aurorus, as Ground/Ice coverage is nearly perfect in inverse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)