Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Precipice Blades
- Extreme Speed
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off

Pretty self explanatory. Use Belly Drum to get massive attack and sweep. Sitrus Berry gets you back to 75% health. Extremespeed is 80 BP Normal STAB and +2 priority. Precipice Blades is 120 BP Ground STAB. Knock Off is useful for utility, crippling Pokemon that rely on their items, and offering perfect neutral coverage. Here are some Calcs against physical walls:

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 427-504 (100.7 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO--Amazing because Foul Play OHKOs back (obviously)
+6 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 282-332 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery--Brave Bird does about 45%-51% damage back, so you can tank the hit and kill, if the recoil doesn't kill it. If it uses whirlwind, you're screwed. Although:

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 282-332 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 668-788 (169.5 - 200%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 432-508 (109.6 - 128.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
--has 120 BP, like Precipice Blades would. I changed it.

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 394-465 (93.8 - 110.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 523-616 (147.7 - 174%) -- guaranteed OHKO--has 120 BP, like Precipice Blades would. I changed it.

+6 252 Atk Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Metagross: 992-1170 (272.5 - 321.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO--has 120 BP, like Precipice Blades would. I changed it. Also, who actually runs defensive Mega Metagross? And, overkill, much? Knock Off OHKOs as well after rocks.

So basically, Diggersby can OHKO just about everything after rocks, INCLUDING dedicated physical walls, barring a Precipice Blades miss or getting killed before it can set up Belly Drum. Also beware priority if you're not using Extremespeed (i.e. aqua jet azumarill/any other water mon) also Bullet Punch Skarmory because everyone uses that.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush/Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature/Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear/Hone Claws
- Precipice Blades
- Meteor Mash/Gear Grind
- Rapid Spin/Rock Slide/X-Scissor

This appreciates Hippo's help. Sand Rush boosts its speed to insane levels (604 if Jolly, 550 if Adamant). Life Orb boosts attacks by 1.3x power. Shift Gear boosts its attack by 1 and speed by 2, so it out-speeds just about everything and hits like a truck. Sand Force is an option (especially if you use Rock Slide) for the extra boost, as Shift Gear doubles your speed anyway. Precipice Blades is STAB. Meteor Mash is also STAB, but Gear Grind is usable for slightly more power and to breaks substitutes, while Meteor Mash has better accuracy and has the nifty 20% chance to raise your attacks. Rapid Spin removes hazards, Rock Slide hits Flying types, X-Scissor hits Psychics hard. Hone Claws is an option over Shift Gear (only if using Sand Rush, though) to boost attack and ACCURACY, making Precipice Blades and Meteor Mash/Gear Grind hit more reliably. Also, you usually want Rock
Slide/X-Scissor, unless you have Sturdy/Sash Pokemon you want to get in safely.

Not much can wall this, hits really hard especially after boosts/LO. Good late-game sweeper.

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

The support mon, and the gem that makes this set work. Basically the standard Hippo, with Sand Stream setting up Sandstorm and Smooth Rock making it last longer. Precipice Blades is the only change, for more power than Earthquake. Stealth Rock breaks Sashes/Sturdy and is really helpful to the wall-breaking Diggersby. Slack Off is recovery and Whirlwind is to phaze out Pokemon behind Subs/Setup sweepers or to just annoy and rack up rocks damage.

Landorus (Incarnate) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Gravity/Psychic
- Focus Blast/Knock Off
- Hurricane/Oblivion Wing
- Earth Power

Your main special sweeper. Gravity allows it to hit flying types with Earth Power (such as Skarm/Mega Char Y/Zapdos), while Psychic is an option (but generally outclassed as Earth Power hits every Poison type harder, other than Mega Venusaur, who is wrecked by Hurricane/Oblivion Wing). Gravity is better. Second moveslot is another choice: Focus Blast is usually preferred as it hits hard after LO/Sheer Force (accuracy sucks tho). Knock Off is basically just for Chansey and beware: you take LO damage from Knock Off (I'm pretty sure you do anyway--I run Focus Blast). Hurricane hits like a truck after LO/Sheer Force/STAB, but if you don't like the 70% accuracy (or don't want two inaccurate moves) Oblivion Wing is an option for recovery. Earth Power is mandatory STAB. LO is amazing as it has no recoil if the move you use isn't an attack (Gravity) or activates Sheer Force (Psychic/Focus Blast/Hurricane/Earth Power). Oblivion Wing will usually recover off the recoil if you use it, and Knock Off... well just don't use it unless you REALLY hate Chansey. Also, Earth Power OHKOs 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zapdos after Stealth Rock, so take this for example: Zapdos comes in. It defogs while you Gravity. Then you outspeed and OHKO with Earth Power. RIP Zapdos (and the rest of the team, as Landorus hits like a truck with 1.69x power on almost every attack). Anyway, you can just bring in Hippo again to reset rocks as Flying is usually stally asf, not offensively oriented, so Hippo can tank whatever they hit you with, set up rocks, Slack Off a couple times, and switch out to continue your sweep with Excadrill or something. Thanks to Fisherman Walter for the majority of this set (even if some parts are on every Lando-I :P).

How to Use:
Send in Hippo to set up sand and rocks. Then bring in one of your other Pokemon to weaken the opposing team until it dies (Garchomp/MegaChomp are good choices), allowing you to bring in Diggersby to set up safely. Belly Drum, and astonish them with your astounding wall-breaking POWAH. Sweep mid-game with Landorus-I and your other Pokemon. Then, bring in Hippo again to set up sand again, and finish them off with Excadrill. Also, bring in Hippo whenever else you want to reset sand, wall physical attackers, and faze opposing set up sweepers. Treat Hippo like gold--it's that important XD.

Good Partners:
Garchomp or Mega Garchomp and one of Nidoking/Scarf Krookodile/Gastrodon are usually the best Pokemon to fill out the numbers. Zygarde could also be used if you want. Nidoking or Gastrodon are usually the best in the last slot so you have at least 2 (Gastro/Nido and Lando-I) special attackers.

I haven't had much experience with this, however, so help is appreciated. Also, DM35 I can write up 2 other Pokemon if you want me to make this a team.

Last edited:
Koren

Ubers Mono Dragon offensive core

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Memento
- Thunder
- Psyshock

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Refresh

Not even optimized, but you can see the massive synergy between these two mons at a glance. Latios hits hard and can check things ranging from primal kyogre to chansey, while salemance has a slightly harder time setting up than he did before he became an uber. However, with Support from memento, this becomes a thing of the past. Salamance can easily be personalized between fireblast, earthquake, and substitute, to get around things it can't handle, while latios can use different coverage, or utility moves besides memento (defog/roost/singlescreen rather than double since mence will never need use a full 4 turns to set up) and two attacks is bearable for such a powerful mon. Regardless of whether it is combined with the dialga that all dragon uber monos should include, these two are a terrifying force. Soul dew is confirmed in oras due to the new Eon ticket download code released internationally.

InfernapeTropius11 i would highly suggest running gear grind over meteor mash on excadrill, as it hit harder and breaks subs. In my opinion, Landorus (I or T) should be one every ground stabmons team. Both of them are extremely potent in stabmons with many different sets, and loads of power. Because of all the physical presence you have so far, Lando-I seems ideal. Here's a pretty standard set.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Gravity
- Focus Blast/Knock Off
- Earth Power

Lando-I is second to none as a special wallbreaker and sweeper alike. Gravity is so nifty, and with Chansey along with the rest of the Normal crew gone, this thing can blast off attacks like no other. Hurricane become ridicules with sheer force, but I guess you can use oblivion wing if you have no spine. The rest of the moves are pretty self explanatory, but you probably shouldn't run knock off, because it was mainly used to annoy Chans. Gravity is used to hit flying types that would otherwise wall you (zapdos namely), and also drops evasion by two stages, allowing you to fire off accurate, powerful attacks. Although I wouldn't personally pair this with belly drum diggersby, because the revenge killing set is much better overall.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
InfernapeTropius11 i would highly suggest running gear grind over meteor mash on excadrill, as it hit harder and breaks subs. In my opinion, Landorus (I or T) should be one every ground stabmons team. Both of them are extremely potent in stabmons with many different sets, and loads of power. Because of all the physical presence you have so far, Lando-I seems ideal. Here's a pretty standard set.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Gravity
- Focus Blast/Knock Off
- Earth Power

Lando-I is second to none as a special wallbreaker and sweeper alike. Gravity is so nifty, and with Chansey along with the rest of the Normal crew gone, this thing can blast off attacks like no other. Hurricane become ridicules with sheer force, but I guess you can use oblivion wing if you have no spine. The rest of the moves are pretty self explanatory, but you probably shouldn't run knock off, because it was mainly used to annoy Chans. Gravity is used to hit flying types that would otherwise wall you (zapdos namely), and also drops evasion by two stages, allowing you to fire off accurate, powerful attacks. Although I wouldn't personally pair this with belly drum diggersby, because the revenge killing set is much better overall.
I believe I mentioned that one of your last 3 should be Lando-I, and that one of the others should be Nidoking/Gastrodon (for exactly that reason--so you're not completely walled by physically defensive teams), but I totally agree. I will slash Gear Grind next to Meteor Mash as well. Both have advantages: Gear Grind breaks subs and has more total power, while Meteor Mash has better accuracy and has a 20% chance to raise your attack. Thanks for the post ^_^

Also, you could run Psychic>Gravity if you run Nidoking with BoltBeam, as that combo singlehandedly wrecks every flying type, but Hurricane hits Fighting types and the Hurricane/Earth Power combo hits Poison types harder usually. I'll add Lando-I to the core I guess, since it is sorta necessary (I only didn't because on the mono core thread it said to keep cores to 2-3 Pokemon, unless they are really good, which I guess this sort of is).

Also, not sure if we are reserving stuff, but if we are, I'm reserving a mono-normal offensive ubers core.

Last edited:
DM35 After thinking about it, how does fletchinder work in AAA? Gale wings is banned, but anything that gets it naturally is allowed to use a banned ability (eg mega mawile can use huge power still). If you can you gale wings fletchinder that would be pretty neat, but if gale wings is not allowed at all, talon should be unbanned.

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
After thinking about it, how does fletchinder work in AAA? Gale wings is banned, but anything that gets it naturally is allowed to use a banned ability (eg mega mawile can use huge power still). If you can you gale wings fletchinder that would be pretty neat, but if gale wings is not allowed at all, talon should be unbanned.
Gale Wings isn't banned in AAA

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/almost-any-ability-oras.3517022/

This link has the AAA viability rankings/bans

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Oh yeah, missed that, didn't think there was any new bans (just for Mono tourneys) yet other than the general Talonflame ban and the STABmons normal team ban.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Koren
Physically Offensive Normal Mono-Ubers Core:

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
- Crunch/Sucker Punch
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake

Normal doesn't get much in ubers but it gets these two gems: MegaKhan and Arceus. Mega Kangaskhan has Parental Bond, meaning every attack hits twice. Return is mandatory as powerful STAB. Crunch hits Ghosts that can't be hit by Return, and also hits Psychics for SE damage. Sucker Punch is an option as priority. Drain Punch recovers health, and hits Steels that resist Return. EQ hits fire types hard and murders Heatran. Also hits Primal Groudon twice for SE damage.

Other Options:
Power-Up Punch: Raises your attack to +2 in one turn. Usable over EQ if you have Primal Groudon covered, or Drain Punch if you hate recovery.
Fake Out: 100% flinch chance with STAB that hits twice? Cool! Only usable on first turn, however. Usable over EQ.
Outrage: Hits those common Dragon types twice per turn, insanely hard. Usable over EQ. (Probably best choice imo, if you don't use EQ).
Assorted coverage moves MegaKhan has access to:
MegaKhan has an insanely wide movepool, and can hit whatever your team struggles with:
Aerial Ace, Aqua Tail, Avalanche, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Iron Tail, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, Thunder Punch.

Also, you want Scrappy as its ability in its normal form, especially if you run Fake Out.

Arceus @ Metronome
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (move the 4 EVs to SpA if running Overheat)
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw/Overheat

One of the best set up sweepers in the whole game (it's S Rank on ubers rankings for a reason). Swords Dance boosts attack to insane levels. Extreme Speed is +2 priority, STAB, and 80 BP. EQ and Shadow Claw round off coverage. Overheat is an option to allow you to hit threats such as Skarmory, but leaves you walled by Giratina.

How to Use:
Send in Arceus, Swords Dance, spam Extreme Speed until you run out of PP, or a Ghost/Steel/Rock type comes in. Then click EQ or Shadow Claw and laugh as it dies. Or, in the case of a steel type, use Overheat if you run that. Metronome boosts the power of moves each time you use it in a row, so by the time you are clicking a move for the 6th time, it has 2x power from Metronome (Turn 1: 1x, Turn 2: 1.2x, Turn 3: 1.4x, Turn 4: 1.6x, Turn 5: 1.8x, Turn 6: 2x). Then bring in MegaKhan mid-late game to finish off the opposing team.

Threats and how to counter them:
Air Balloon Heatran walls Arceus, especially if it runs WoW, as it lives Extreme Speed and then burns. Otherwise, just Extreme Speed, hope it doesn't kill you or burn you, and EQ it. This is not a threat to MegaKhan, as MegaKhan can pop its balloon with Drain Punch/Power-Up-Punch, and then EQ it.
Primal Groudon: When isn't this a threat? Just EQ it to death, or hope that they let you kill a few of their Pokemon with Extreme Speed and kill it with E-Speed after you have a couple of Metronome boosts.
Skarmory: Walls Arceus hard, especially as it is physically defensive, and usually runs Rocky Helmet. You have to Shadow Claw it until you can kill it, unless you run Overheat, in which case you have one baked bird and one continued sweep. MegaKhan can just hit it with its Fighting move, or even EQ on a predicted Roost.
Giratina: If you run Overheat, this walls Arceus. Luckily, MegaKhan can Crunch/Sucker Punch it to death.
Fighting teams: Well, obviously, this is a threat to every normal team. E-Speed/Return/EQ combo works to kill these Pokemon.
Steel teams: EQ them to death, or pop their balloons, and then EQ them (MegaKhan's Fighting move is also SE on them).
Ghost types: Shadow Claw/Crunch/Sucker Punch them (uncommon though, as the only common ubers Ghost is Giratina)

Common things and how to counter them:
Fairy teams: Iron Tail (bad accuracy though, and normal STABs will usually hit hard anyway). Or you can outstall with your other Pokemon
Dragon teams: run Outrage on MegaKhan.

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Since no one else seems to be adding anything, I'll do a mono-water balanced ubers core (Koren) consisting of Arceus-Water, Primal Kyogre, Palkia, and Mega-Slowbro and a mono-threat Mega-Lopunny set (scpinion). I'll do my whole normal monothreat team actually. Never mind, don't have time for this now, maybe in the new year if no one else wants to do it.

Last edited:
Koren
Arceus @ Metronome
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

One of the best set up sweepers in the whole game (its S Rank on ubers rankings for a reason). Swords Dance boosts attack to insane levels. Extreme Speed is +2 priority, STAB, and 80 BP. EQ and Shadow Claw round off coverage.

How to Use:
Send in Arceus, Swords Dance, spam Extreme Speed until you run out of PP, or a Ghost/Steel/Rock type comes in. Then click EQ or Shadow Claw and laugh as it dies. Metronome boosts the power of moves each time you use it in a row, so by the time you are clicking a move for the 6th time, it has 2x power from Metronome (Turn 1: 1x, Turn 2: 1.2x, Turn 3: 1.4x, Turn 4: 1.6x, Turn 5: 1.8x, Turn 6: 2x). Then bring in MegaKhan mid-late game to finish off the opposing team.

Threats/common things and how to counter them:
Air Balloon Heatran walls Arceus, especially if it runs WoW, as it lives Extreme Speed and then burns. Otherwise, just Extreme Speed, hope it doesn't kill you or burn you, and EQ it.
Primal Groudon: When isn't this a threat? Just EQ it to death, or hope that they let you kill a few of their Pokemon with Extreme Speed and kill it with E-Speed after you have a couple of Metronome boosts.
Skarmory: Walls Arceus hard, especially as it is physically defensive, and usually runs Rocky Helmet. You have to Shadow Claw it until you can kill it.
Fighting teams: Well, obviously, this is a threat to every normal team. E-Speed/Return/EQ combo works to kill these Pokemon.
Steel teams: EQ
Ghost teams: Shadow Claw
Fairy teams: Iron Tail (bad accuracy though, and normal STABs will usually hit hard anyway).
I'm fine with the Khang. But do you mind suggesting any other items for Arceus? And do most of those threats only apply to Arceus? Specifically the Skarmory, as Khang could Drain Punch it and EQ on the roost when the battle allows?

Koren
Physically Offensive Normal Mono-Ubers Core:

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
- Crunch/Sucker Punch
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake

Normal doesn't get much in ubers but it gets these two gems: MegaKhan and Arceus. Mega Kangaskhan has Parental Bond, meaning every attack hits twice. Return is mandatory as powerful STAB. Crunch hits Ghosts that can't be hit by Return, and also hits Psychics for SE damage. Sucker Punch is an option as priority. Drain Punch recovers health, and hits Steels that resist Return. EQ hits fire types hard and murders Heatran. Also hits Primal Groudon twice for SE damage.

Other Options:
Power-Up Punch: Raises your attack to +2 in one turn. Usable over EQ if you have Primal Groudon covered, or Drain Punch if you hate recovery.
Fake Out: 100% flinch chance with STAB that hits twice? Cool! Only usable on first turn, however. Usable over EQ.
Outrage: Hits those common Dragon types twice per turn, insanely hard. Usable over EQ. (Probably best choice imo, if you don't use EQ).
Assorted coverage moves MegaKhan has access to:
MegaKhan has an insanely wide movepool, and can hit whatever your team struggles with:
Aerial Ace, Aqua Tail, Avalanche, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Iron Tail, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, Thunder Punch.

Also, you want Scrappy as its ability in its normal form, especially if you run Fake Out.

Arceus @ Metronome
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

One of the best set up sweepers in the whole game (its S Rank on ubers rankings for a reason). Swords Dance boosts attack to insane levels. Extreme Speed is +2 priority, STAB, and 80 BP. EQ and Shadow Claw round off coverage.

How to Use:
Send in Arceus, Swords Dance, spam Extreme Speed until you run out of PP, or a Ghost/Steel/Rock type comes in. Then click EQ or Shadow Claw and laugh as it dies. Metronome boosts the power of moves each time you use it in a row, so by the time you are clicking a move for the 6th time, it has 2x power from Metronome (Turn 1: 1x, Turn 2: 1.2x, Turn 3: 1.4x, Turn 4: 1.6x, Turn 5: 1.8x, Turn 6: 2x). Then bring in MegaKhan mid-late game to finish off the opposing team.

Threats/common things and how to counter them:
Air Balloon Heatran walls Arceus, especially if it runs WoW, as it lives Extreme Speed and then burns. Otherwise, just Extreme Speed, hope it doesn't kill you or burn you, and EQ it.
Skarmory: Walls Arceus hard, especially as it is physically defensive, and usually runs Rocky Helmet. You have to Shadow Claw it until you can kill it.
Steel teams: EQ
Ghost teams: Shadow Claw
Fairy teams: Iron Tail (bad accuracy though, and normal STABs will usually hit hard anyway).
I have to agree with Koren here. Metronome is wayy too sketchy to be successful, yeah, the Pokemon itself is good but not the item. I recommend this set instead:

Arceus @ Life Orb / Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Overheat

Nobody's going to run Ghost monos since they're pretty horrible. Yeah, you get walled by Giratina, but your team can easily deal with it by spamming Knock Off. Overheat decimates Steel types / Lando-T while maintaining your Ground coverage for Primal Groudon / Heatran. Silk Scarf lets you last longer, but Life Orb is always an option. Adamant is chosen over Jolly because you're spamming Extreme Speeds against faster threats, and anything that can live a +2 Extreme Speed is slower.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Yeah, Skarmory is mostly for Arceus (without Overheat) as otherwise it would have to rely on Shadow Claw to hit it, and yes, MegaKhan can beat Skarm, especially when it Roosts. I'll add Life Orb as an option, but I forgot it because I usually just spam E-Speed and it gives me more power after a couple of turns. Silk Scarf is kinda bad in monotype imo, as it only boosts E-Speed, and by less than Life Orb does. I'll add Overheat though, as MegaKhan with Crunch/Sucker Punch can kill Giratina (which is how they help each other). I'll also make the threats column a little more clear, I rushed through that a bit.

Why do only some OMs that are playable on the simulator have Mono-OM formats?
Because some Mono OMS would be extremely centralizing. Stuff like Sky Battles would mostly be Flying, PU is lacking in Pokemon, Middle Cup would mostly be Normal + Fighting & whatever beats Fighting. Others such as stat switch haven't gotten too popular as an Mono OM so we didn't put it in.

Koren

Ubers Mono Dragon offensive core

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Memento
- Thunder
- Psyshock

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Refresh

Not even optimized, but you can see the massive synergy between these two mons at a glance. Latios hits hard and can check things ranging from primal kyogre to chansey, while salemance has a slightly harder time setting up than he did before he became an uber. However, with Support from memento, this becomes a thing of the past. Salamance can easily be personalized between fireblast, earthquake, and substitute, to get around things it can't handle, while latios can use different coverage, or utility moves besides memento (defog/roost/singlescreen rather than double since mence will never need use a full 4 turns to set up) and two attacks is bearable for such a powerful mon. Regardless of whether it is combined with the dialga that all dragon uber monos should include, these two are a terrifying force. Soul dew is confirmed in oras due to the new Eon ticket download code released internationally.
I have a feeling that the memento set may be a bit too niche. Also, have you given any thought to all of the other OP dragons in Ubers that could also make up a nice offensive core or at least pair up with these 2? I know specs Palkia can tear through a lot of things, and Gira-O's bulky offense is not to be taken lightly.

Because some Mono OMS would be extremely centralizing. Stuff like Sky Battles would mostly be Flying, PU is lacking in Pokemon, Middle Cup would mostly be Normal + Fighting & whatever beats Fighting. Others such as stat switch haven't gotten too popular as an Mono OM so we didn't put it in.
There are others that you didn't mention, though, like BH and 1v1 (two of the most popular OMs, both of which have ladders currently), as well as CH, 350 Cup, and Averagemons.

I guess what I'm basically wondering here is what makes an OM "eligible" to be a Mono-OM. Is it just that the ones above aren't accessible enough for most Monotype players?

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are others that you didn't mention, though, like BH and 1v1 (two of the most popular OMs, both of which have ladders currently), as well as CH, 350 Cup, and Averagemons.

I guess what I'm basically wondering here is what makes an OM "eligible" to be a Mono-OM. Is it just that the ones above aren't accessible enough for most Monotype players?
I guess BH could make sense...but we never play it in the Monotype room. I'm not sure 1v1 really makes sense to have here. Feel free to prove me wrong though; I'm certain you know more about it than I do.

As for the others, if we start getting quality contributions in those OM's then I'm confident we would add them! The initial list came from those we routinely host tours for...

Anttya DM35 Koren

I guess BH could make sense...but we never play it in the Monotype room. I'm not sure 1v1 really makes sense to have here. Feel free to prove me wrong though; I'm certain you know more about it than I do.

As for the others, if we start getting quality contributions in those OM's then I'm confident we would add them! The initial list came from those we routinely host tours for...

Anttya DM35 Koren
Thanks for the response. You're right that 1v1 would be a little strange, especially because no more species clause means there could be a lot of three-Charizard teams. But it still might be interesting to explore.

Anyway, I was just curious. If I can think of some things for those metas I'll post them in some form.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
If people are willing to make teams for them, I'm willing to add them to my section, no problem. Also I'll get to updating the stuff people have put in by the end of tonight, some great stuff so far, keep it up! n_n

Koren

Ubers Mono-Fairy Team:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

One of the best setup sweepers in the entire game imo. Geomancy is amazing, as it boosts your SpA/SpD/Spe by 2. It is a two-turn move, however, which is why Power Herb is the item. Moonblast is STAB, and after STAB, +2, 252 SpA, and Fairy Aura (ability making fairy moves have 1.33x power), it does SOOOOO much damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Flash Cannon is for other Fairies (as Fairy is common in Mono-Ubers). Thunder hits the Water types hard (especially as they usually rely on/set up rain, making Thunder have 100% accuracy). Water is, of course, common because of Primal-Kyogre.

Other Possible Moves:
- Focus Blast can be used as coverage (over Thunder if you don't think Water is a problem, but want to hit Steel for SE damage)
- Psychic/Psyshock can be used as coverage
- Grass Knot can be used as coverage (not recommended)
- Outrage

Walled By:
- Primal Groudon (especially Iron Head varieties)
- Ferrothorn
- Magnezone
- Camerupt/Mega Camerupt (not common)
- Excadrill
- Rotom-Heat (not very common)
- Steelix/Mega Steelix (not common)

If you use Focus Blast over Thunder, you can hit Primal Groudon/them annoying Steels at least neutrally, but can't hit Charizard/Mega Char Y/Ho-Oh/Moltres/Victini/Aegislash among others (these are just the most viable--the others probably won't be used, and they're weaker so you can probably KO with something anyway). Overall Thunder is usually better, but Primal Groudon is a huge threat to this team, so Focus Blast has a niche.
Don't people usually run Megahorn on Xern for things like MegaMewtwo? Just a suggestion for coverage. It may not be a Mono thing necessarily.

Koren

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Charge Beam
- Rest

Cancerfable OP. If you get Klefki to set up screens, it allows Cancerfable to setup a couple Cosmic Powers, Rest off the damage, and get to +6. Then, you use Charge Beam a few times to get even MORE boosts, and spam Stored Power to wreck entire teams (just Rest up when you get too low).

Other Possible Moves:
- Moonblast could be used over Charge Beam, but generally extra boosts are worth it.

Walled By:
- Krookodile (and Krokorok/Sandile) because they are immune to both Charge Beam and Stored Power, but Fairy is SE against these Pokemon so they shouldn't be a problem.
There are a few pokemon who resist both moves, but Stored Power will just overpower them eventually (and +6 Def/SpD and even just +1-3 SpA kills most Pokemon even if they resist Psychic).
Isn't this CancerFable?

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Charge Beam
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power

Koren
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Standard Belly Drum Azumarill. Belly Drum is to get +6 Attack, Sitrus Berry is to get back to 75% health. Aqua Jet wrecks stuff because of STAB/Priority at +6. Play Rough is STAB for Dragons. Knock Off wrecks non-megas that are weak to it/Pokemon that rely on their items.

Walled By:
Primal-Groudon: Iron Head does >75% damage so you can't Belly Drum (it outspeeds), Aqua Jet does nothing because of Desolate Land, it resists Play Rough, and Knock Off is a non-STAB dark move with only 65 BP.
Other than that, Azumarill has perfect neutral coverage.
Is there any specific reason this Azu on Fairy is running Sap Sipper? Based off the Viability Rankings again it seems standard BD Azu would be:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower/Knock off

And could you also include an option for the Band Azu? Just in case people are too fearful of using BD because of the HP cut. Still just suggestions ofc!

Anttya DM35 Koren
Actually, we've hosted a couple of BH tours. Although I wasn't there to see them through, they were pretty successful.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Don't people usually run Megahorn on Xern for things like MegaMewtwo? Just a suggestion for coverage. It may not be a Mono thing necessarily.

Isn't this CancerFable?

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Charge Beam
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power

Is there any specific reason this Azu on Fairy is running Sap Sipper? Based off the Viability Rankings again it seems standard BD Azu would be:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower/Knock off

And could you also include an option for the Band Azu? Just in case people are too fearful of using BD because of the HP cut. Still just suggestions ofc!
I don't think Megahorn is that useful on Xerneas, as then it loses an arguably better coverage move that is special (Megahorn is physical, and as such is not boosted by Geomancy). I can add it if you want though, just that I wouldn't recommend running it.

Yes that's CancerFable, got the EVs wrong, sorry :P. I thought the 252 on my Clefable was in Def (which is better than 252 in SpA imo) but I guess a few more in SpD isn't bad. I'll change that (it's better).

Also, I generally run Sap Sipper on Azumarill on mono as it is one of its weaknesses, but I usually run Huge Power for the extra power in ubers (grass isn't a common ubers mono), again, a typo on my part, I made this in a rush before its first tourney and didn't change anything (meaning I copied the Azumarill set from my mono-water team, which uses Sap Sipper). I'll also add the Band set I guess.

Also, scpinion , I'll actually post my whole normal monothreat team (it's offensive based, with supporting walls). I didn't know we could post teams for the monothreat (I thought it was just sets), but then I checked so I'll do that instead.

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Megahorn is mainly for the scarf set for Xerneas, as it allows it to be an excellent check to both Mega Mewtwo formes, which isn't something a lot of things can claim. However I would recommend running something over Flash Cannon as an unresisted Moonblast actually hits harder thanks to Fairy Aura. Here I would recommend Focus Blast, as it's your best shot at significantly hurting Steel types, altho Psyshock is of course viable too. Quite noatbly, Focus Blast hits everything you put in the "walled by" category for at least neutral damage, which at +2 off a 131 base SpA, will seriously hurt. But seriously, take Flash Cannon out, there is literally no situation where you'd actually use it.

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 252-297 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Xerneas Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 212-250 (53.8 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Megahorn is mainly for the scarf set for Xerneas, as it allows it to be an excellent check to both Mega Mewtwo formes, which isn't something a lot of things can claim. However I would recommend running something over Flash Cannon as an unresisted Moonblast actually hits harder thanks to Fairy Aura. Here I would recommend Focus Blast, as it's your best shot at significantly hurting Steel types, altho Psyshock is of course viable too. Quite noatbly, Focus Blast hits everything you put in the "walled by" category for at least neutral damage, which at +2 off a 131 base SpA, will seriously hurt. But seriously, take Flash Cannon out, there is literally no situation where you'd actually use it.

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 252-297 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Xerneas Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 212-250 (53.8 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Come to think of it, you're right. I mostly added that in for other Fairy teams for things like Klefki/Mega Mawile, but Thunder actually hits them harder (I think) and other Fairies are killed by Moonblast just fine. I think I mentioned that it hits all the threats, and then said new ones if you do use Focus Blast. That's actually a very good point, I'll edit that in.

Also, wanted to thank you guys for making this thread. I've wanted something like this for a while. I'm also interested to see people's CAP teams, since I'm bad at that OM :P.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)