Monthly Art Contest Megathread CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volmise

.:The Firefly Light:.
is an Artist Alumnus
That there is an angry fire tortoise, yup.

No really, I love it. The use of color and the detail you drew out using the shading is absolutely amazing.

Thanks Volmise. I think the pose isn't angry enough but I guess the colours pick up the slack a bit there. I like the way the shadow of Haunter in your entry places Haunter behind the viewer, it really enhances the feeling of fear.

Volmise

is an Artist Alumnus
I actually like your first version myself.

The second has an overflowing amount of black being used, and I think it drowns out the image.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deadline will be on the 30th!

Also I've updated the OP -- HoF being included in The Smog should lead to it being more consistent.

I actually like your first version myself.

The second has an overflowing amount of black being used, and I think it drowns out the image.
I added that amount of black to make it look darker and sadder, but im not sure if the effect works
Also thanks for your opinion.

Volmise

is an Artist Alumnus
I added that amount of black to make it look darker and sadder, but im not sure if the effect works
Also thanks for your opinion.
Might I suggest a very faint blue overlay? It could help unify the palette better and also set the mood a little more.

Might I suggest a very faint blue overlay? It could help unify the palette better and also set the mood a little more.
I liked how it turned with your suggestion,thanks. And i hope this is what you were talking about .

I would say try a little more ... blue-blue? If sad is the way you are going, you might find it portrayed a bit more. Its still a little dark. Going in the right direction though. ;)

Volmise

is an Artist Alumnus
Yep, try a deeper shade of blue and I think you're golden. You're definitely on the right track!

This is what i tought when i was looking for a very sad clown, this is definitely my submission for the Mac.
Thanks for your help Volmise and Casteel

"Problem, Charizard?"

K I have no idea what colour would go with feeling mischievous, and I've got no more time for this, so whatever. Enjoy~

Lol, Koffing's expression: U mad bro?

That's quite funny. While I think charizard could get some more detail on it, koffings expression alone makes it a winnner!

my god aragornbird

every single challenge, you just pop out of nowhere and BAM

Damn if thats not the cutest charmander i have ever seen

Alchemator

Well that was submitted after the deadline so it doesn't count!

Nah I'm kidding. Competition closed!

Alchemator

Congratulations to aragornbird for claiming victory in MAC #4!

MAC #5 let's go! Remember that the top two art pieces are featured in The Smog! You can show your support for that article here.

New Theme: Confrontation!
Draw a Pokémon battle, within any parameters you like. The best entries will evoke emotion [eg fear, stress, aloofness], have contrast between the combatants (not limited to two) and employ varying styles to show this contrast.

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I hope to god that the deadline's not anywhere near the 31st because I have tons of ideas for this new theme but I won't be able to do anything about them until the 26th at least. >:((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)