ORAS NU More Than a Woman (Jynx Offense Part 2)

This team actually wasn't centered around Jynx but I wanted an excuse to put an Aaliyah song in the title :D Seeing as Hitmonchan is probably the best mon in NU currently (if not Xatu), and many teams are relying on it + Xatu to remove hazards, I figured Dusknoir could be really cool as it's a strong priority user with a broken offensive type, and it's also the only decent ghost type in the tier that is unbothered by hitmonchan.

+
+

These 3 basically started off the team all at once. I needed a strong hazard setting core as the main component of this team, and Rhydon is by far the best choice of stealth rocker on bulky offense, so I chose to use it because it lives everything and hits super hard and is unbothered by Xatu. Dusknoir is the best spinblocker in the tier and takes advantage of the fact that often times NU teams only pack bad ghost resists, or none at all. Ferroseed checks a plethora of pokemon in the tier, and checks psychics like mesprit (which is huge in NU) as well as countering kangaskhan. The great thing about this core is that it should ensure that you never lose to normal types in NU but they're broken as fuck so who can say for sure :P

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Trick

(the reason ferroseed's EV spread is like this is because I don't believe in pathetic intricate non-252 spreads lol.)

Given spikestack and the fact that ferroseed is completely walled by arguably the best hazard prevention in the tier (xatu), I wanted a pursuit trapper (dusknoir's bad at using pursuit don't try that plz) that could also take advantage of spikes. Scyther fits both roles p handily and also is the only real hard-hitter on the team thus far

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack

Scyther's cool because it can trap xatu which is super annoynig and technician CB pursuit hits ridiculously hard. u-turn keeps momentum and stops stupid fat stuff from walkng all over you. Quick attack is crucial to pick off fast things and sweepers but considering the team has a scarfer one can opt for knock off or something if he or she would like!

After scyther obviously I needed a spinner, and hitmonchan is by far the best.

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Again, simple EV spread because I dont believe in obnoxious complexities. Also this set kinda benefits from being slower than opposing hitmonchan. Max HP and assault vest are kinda necessary cuz this is NU and I didn't feel like using proper checks to things like magmortar, so I'd rather slap something sloppy on. More priority on offense is fucking fantastic and hitmonchan spins on most things regardless of its item. Some ppl use stone edge on hitmonchan idk that seems dogshit but u can run it

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick

I have a lot of anti-offense precautions on this team but you can never be too safe with anti-offense in NU. The best revenge killer in NU, also doesnt rely on weak priority, has great offensive STABs, and can trick CM sweepers and such. Jynx was the perfect choice and also its a good secondary water resist since ferro as the only one is kinda bad :x The queen never disappoints lmfao.

Thanks for reading this team is fantastic and won 5/6 games in the prestigious NU open until I was robbed in finals (I actually didnt get haxed using this tho hue)

No shoutouts cuz I did one last time and people kept crying to me in PMs for not including them. Except shoutouts shakeitup tho I love u bro til the day I die! And I guess shoutouts Kiyo for saving the NU tier

Import:

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Trick

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack

Last edited:

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I know it's a small change but maybe edge > rock blast on rhydon. I watched some of your replays and didn't really notice any situation where rock blast would have been better + it gives you much more consistent damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)