ORAS Doubles OU Mortality's Bane

So to start out; the core I wanted was Mega-Kangaskhan/Sylveon. Going in I knew I wanted some uncommon things on my pokemon. That's where Scarf Sylveon comes in. With a Timid nature it outspeeds anything below 115 base speed.

OG Slay (Sylveon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

For the most part Sylveon's in general come out and Hyper Voice spam, and with choice scarf it can use that move, and use it first. One of the bigger parts of it is that is can catch players off guard, and earn a KO(or 2 ;)

Mortality (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 114 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Seismic Toss
- Sucker Punch

This set is just a personal preference, and I made the spread. 114 Spe outspeeds jolly base 70s, and the 144HP helps out with staying alive obviously.

Bane (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Usually if I was using a substitute I wouldn't be using Safety Goggles, but it's actually helped me out quite a bit. It gives me the option to switch in on Amoonguss to save other pokemon from falling asleep.
With its typing it is immune to 1/1 Kangaskhan weaknesses, and 1/2 Sylveon weaknesses(it resists the other).
Aegislash is a powerful pokemon that can pick up a lot of kill, and it pretty scary behind a substitute.

Friendly Fren (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Light Screen or Will - O - Wisp
- Protect

With Rotom-W I opted for light screen because I find it more useful than will-o-wisp. Although, I suppose the team could struggles against Mega-Kangaskhan, so some may find WoW to be the better option forthe move slot.
Rotom resists Aegislash's fire weakness, and with the ability levitate, it avoids the ground weakness.

Sway Left (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Taunt

Talonflame assists Aegislash with its weaknesses once again, and can put out quite a bit of damage. The Taunt was mainly placed there to catch players of guard(in a small way), but it actually has proven to be quite useful in helping KO opposing Aegislash's faster, as well as stopping any status moves from being use on Talonflame.

Home (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Amoonguss is my on of the most useful pokemon the format, and I felt as thought it fit on the team. It helps out with opposing Mega-Kangaskhan's, and sends everything to bed.

This team can obviously be made into semi-trickroom, but I prefer it as the balance. I may end up making another team modeled after this as semi-trick room, though.

Last edited:
yo i feel like you will have more success running protect on talonflame over taunt, you can lead it against kanga, lock lando into rock slide, etc. you could also run tailwind on it, rather than u-turn. giving the rest of your team speed control would be huge, kangaskhan appreciates it, aegislash appreciates it, you could even afford to switch to specs sylveon for some extra power.
ily social ur tha best

yo i feel like you will have more success running protect on talonflame over taunt, you can lead it against kanga, lock lando into rock slide, etc. you could also run tailwind on it, rather than u-turn. giving the rest of your team speed control would be huge, kangaskhan appreciates it, aegislash appreciates it, you could even afford to switch to specs sylveon for some extra power.
ily social ur tha best
<3
Appreciate it :)

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
gdi social I can't unsee kang.

For sylveon, you might not wanna run non specs hp ground. From my experience, it's hilariously weak.
252 SpA Sylveon Hidden Power Ground vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 224-264 (66.4 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Maybe hyper beam instead, for when you really wanna deal damage or you're gonna sack?

Modest aegi with max speed ivs, since you're running sub and wanna outspeed other aegi.

Adamant tflame, because you already outspeed base 110s and you have super spammable priority. Also, adamant avoids a 50% roll on standard amoonguss and gives you a chance to ko aegi.

Overall, it looks like you lose to skymin+lando. I can't help fren, since all my teams lose to that too ;;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)