Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Question: Let's say I want to RNG Sudowoodo, Gyarados and Lugia post E4. If I kill them all off, will they all respawn after E4 or just one of them?

Hi,

Got a shiny my first try and having no problems with that, but the next phase is a little difficult:

My calibration phase ended up like:

611 14
611 14
611 14
603 14
606 14
601 14
604 14

So I think that went okay, and now I am on to Frame Calibration Phase, running into some problems.

Step #4:

Hatch this egg and make sure that it has the correct nature, ability, and gender. If it does not, release the Pokémon and go back to Step 2.
Am I supposed to do anything prior to this? It says correct nature/ability/gender, but nothing before this has mentioned anything about obtaining those specifics. Does this mean I just SR until I randomly get, for example, a Adamant/Technician/Female Meowth?

Step #5:

If the hatched Pokémon has the desired nature, you should turn off your DS without saving.
After asking if it's the correct three stats, this step now only references the desired nature. Does this mean I only need to SR for Adamant?

Step #7

Reset your game, and then immediately cancel the Journal and collect the egg. Remember to speak to the Daycare man as quickly as you can as the frame starts to increase as soon as the Journal is canceled.
Does the Journal have to have anything specific on it at this time? Having a calendar with a mention of catching a Pokemon was in the prerequisites, but not mentioned here.

Step #8/9

Encounter a wild Pokémon as quickly as possible.
I assume I need to catch another level 50+? If so, where is the fastest to go? I have been fishing up Magikarp as my seed for the shiny Pokemon I have been gathering. Is this fast enough? Requires me to fly there, then move 10 spaces or so, then cast my line and pray the Magikarp is over level 50 and it actually bites my line.

Hi,

Got a shiny my first try and having no problems with that, but the next phase is a little difficult:

My calibration phase ended up like:

611 14
611 14
611 14
603 14
606 14
601 14
604 14

So I think that went okay, and now I am on to Frame Calibration Phase, running into some problems.

Step #4:

Am I supposed to do anything prior to this? It says correct nature/ability/gender, but nothing before this has mentioned anything about obtaining those specifics. Does this mean I just SR until I randomly get, for example, a Adamant/Technician/Female Meowth? I'm not quite understand what you're asking, but are you trying to breed a shiny, with flawless IVs, pokemon?
If so, first off, you should use RNGReporter to find out the seed that will produce a specific nature/ability/gender shiny egg. Because once you have created the shiny egg, those traits cannot be change. IVs, on the other hand, generated based on the game's frame after you enter the game.

Step #7

Does the Journal have to have anything specific on it at this time? Having a calendar with a mention of catching a Pokemon was in the prerequisites, but not mentioned here. Since you're still calibrating (or not), you skip the journal and try to collect your egg as soon as possible to get your game's starting frame. You need the journal to advance the frame later on, when you want to make your egg contains a specific set of IVs.

Step #8/9

I assume I need to catch another level 50+? If so, where is the fastest to go? I have been fishing up Magikarp as my seed for the shiny Pokemon I have been gathering. Is this fast enough? Requires me to fly there, then move 10 spaces or so, then cast my line and pray the Magikarp is over level 50 and it actually bites my line. Instead of catching, after you advance your frame, collect the egg and turn to the coin flip app (assuming you're doing this in DPPt). Flip the coin ten times, and check whether the pattern is the same with your seed shown in RNGReporter or not. If EVEN one coin is different, then you know you've hit the wrong seed.
If you're doing the breeding in HGSS, then I guess you'll have to wait for someone else to help you on how to verify your seed.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just wondering, how did you manage to RNG it when you have to watch the cutscene and listen to Cynthia talk a whole bunch?
Remember the "Pokemon responses verify your seed" approach? I had determined what responses Arceus would give me for my target seed first when I talked to it, and how far they would advance. (This I practiced first on an emulator.)

I picked a seed that had that spread far enough (like 60 frames or so) that the responses advance the frame close enough, and then I walked 128 * 8 or so steps to advance the remaining 8 frames or so, using Repel as a guide.

I keep resulting in a seed too far ahead by like 5-10, how do I fix this? :S
Your question is to vague. You do not provide us with enough information to help you. If you are advancing with 5 pokemon in your party and walking to advance the frames, try walking less to do so. Take 128 steps less (that is the number to advance frames by the number of pokemon in party? I'm a little rusty with the details.)

Hello, i was wondering if someone can help me RNG ho-oh, i was getting help from someone else but said person appears to be really busy... anyone willing to help me RNG my ho-oh?
My target seed is b8120b3a, and my average delay is 489.

Your question is to vague. You do not provide us with enough information to help you. If you are advancing with 5 pokemon in your party and walking to advance the frames, try walking less to do so. Take 128 steps less (that is the number to advance frames by the number of pokemon in party? I'm a little rusty with the details.)
I mean like, when checking my initial seed on the seed verifier with the roamers, my seed is always 5-10 ahead of the target initial seed.

Sorry about the vagueness, but does that help out?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I mean like, when checking my initial seed on the seed verifier with the roamers, my seed is always 5-10 ahead of the target initial seed.

Sorry about the vagueness, but does that help out?
if its ahead then adjust your timer so that you hit A sooner or if you are button mashing to the continue screen then tap faster, or you can even change the year by moving it ahead to decrease your delay by 1 for each year

No. 5-10 what?
Umm like, when you plug in the target initial seed into the seed verifier program, and check the roamers' locations, the seed that my roamers are ACTUALLY on, is 5 ... too many from the seed that I want to get

like this is what the output looks like

targetseed

seed1
seed2
seed3
seed4
seed5 (mine)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Umm like, when you plug in the target initial seed into the seed verifier program, and check the roamers' locations, the seed that my roamers are ACTUALLY on, is 5 ... too many from the seed that I want to get

targetseed

seed1
seed2
seed3
seed4
seed5 (mine)
You're hitting seeds with a delay that 5-10 off from your target seed.

targetseed
seed1
seed2
seed3
seed4
seed5 (mine)
So your Delay is too high. Subtract like 1 second and try it again

One second is way too big for a delay of 5-10. We're talking a sixth of second here, or less.
Yeah I know but my clock isn't displaying 1/6 seconds and I RNG with a normal clock so..:D
But of course you're right.
Btw: How's timer coming?:)
And: I updated Seed Verifier according to your suggestions, if you have any other ideas or tips don't hesitate to tell me^^

Hello, i was wondering if someone can help me RNG ho-oh, i was getting help from someone else but said person appears to be really busy... anyone willing to help me RNG my ho-oh?
My target seed is b8120b3a, and my average delay is 489.
... No one can help me with this? Please can anyone help me? I just want to finish making my VGC team already...

Yeah I know but my clock isn't displaying 1/6 seconds and I RNG with a normal clock so..:D
But of course you're right.
Btw: How's timer coming?:)
And: I updated Seed Verifier according to your suggestions, if you have any other ideas or tips don't hesitate to tell me^^
Okay so I took off 1/6 seconds

70502f9:Raikou:29 Entei:37 Seed Advance:2 (what I got)
70502fa:Raikou:35 Entei:42 Seed Advance:2
70502fb:Raikou:44 Entei:44 Seed Advance:2
70502fc:Raikou:32 Entei:29 Seed Advance:2
70502fd:Raikou:38 Entei:31 Seed Advance:2

Umm, so it's definitely closer, do I just have to hone the timing of the continue now?

Okay so I took off 1/6 seconds

70502f9:Raikou:29 Entei:37 Seed Advance:2 (what I got)
70502fa:Raikou:35 Entei:42 Seed Advance:2
70502fb:Raikou:44 Entei:44 Seed Advance:2
70502fc:Raikou:32 Entei:29 Seed Advance:2
70502fd:Raikou:38 Entei:31 Seed Advance:2

Umm, so it's definitely closer, do I just have to hone the timing of the continue now?
When it's that close, just keep on trying and you'll probably get it sooner or later. You're like a fifteenth of a second off.

... No one can help me with this? Please can anyone help me? I just want to finish making my VGC team already...
What exactly do you need help with? You have the seed you need, so use RNG Reporter to find a time to use.

What exactly do you need help with? You have the seed you need, so use RNG Reporter to find a time to use.
I have almost everything, including a time, but i have no idea what to do now. Im saved right in front of the ladder leading up to ho-oh, but i have no clue as to what to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)