Move/Ability animations thread

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
So we've reached the point where almost all popular moves have been re-animated. Meaning, I'll be a bit more open to less used moves or particles that were rejected. For now I'm open to try out music notes and a feather particle.
Artists, it's time to draw!
(The particle used will be credited to the rightful artist for its work)

Take your pick. I can get fancier but here's a start:

Also, what would a feather be used for other than Feather Dance? That one confuses me.

Reactions: nv

Ridaz

Don't @ me
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
I was thinking of using 2 or 3 music notes on the same image. Try making them a bit fancier, and the stroke less thick.
Yes. Feather Dance and Roost for example.

Reactions: nv

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I was thinking of using 2 or 3 music notes on the same image. Try making them a bit fancier, and the stroke less thick.
Using feathers for Brave Bird and Wing Attack could be cool too.

I can do that. Do you prefer the white with outline, or the solid black?

EDIT: I could also do color

Ridaz

Don't @ me
Maybe without the background is fine. Like, I'm going to make the particle move from the attacker to the defender so, making it have a background is weird.
But I'm liking the general idea

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Here's a possibility for the feather particle:

I just rotated and resized an image from wikipedia.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Could you maybe add something to Iron Head to make it look, you know, Iron? Like you know how before the attack is used they usually turn all metallic and reflective to symbolize the whole "metal" idea? Same goes with Iron Tail, although it's less used, but right now both look the same and share the same animation as Knock Off.

Also speaking of Knock Off, do you think you could add like a hand particle when the attack connects?

Ridaz

Don't @ me
Theres currently no way to change the hue of the Pokémon. Much less turn it "metallic". I'll think of something in the meantime.

Why add a hand particle to knock off? I imagine the Pokémon using whatever body part when "knocking off"; not necessarily its hands. Besides, the item flying off the defender should show be more than visual evidence that the attacker used that move. It's an unique side effect that no other move has. I can make the defender move in a slightly different way

Stratos

Banned deucer.
could you move the overheat animation over a bit, it looks like it missed when it hit and i dont need that kind of stress in my life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)