Strategy & Metagame Move Donors: Giving the Gift of Life in STABmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
This piece is designed to illustrate how signature moves usually reserved for just one or a few Pokemon are available for any Pokemon to use now so long as it matches the same type.

(For anyone unfamiliar with STABmons, you gain all moves that match your typing, including pre-evolution and forme type changes. Heatran learns all Fire and Steel attacks, etc.)

I'll start with a simple overview of how STABmons works and a snapshot of the current metagame. Then I'll give an example of a signature move that was previously restricted to just a few Pokemon, show how that move works in STABmons with a common "standard" set, and then give a more advanced set. Rinse and repeat with a total of 5 signature move examples.

Skeleton of the process
Signature Move: Dragon Ascent (type, bp, accuracy, pp here)

Learned by:

(brief analysis of the move, who can learn it in STABmons? -All Flying-types/Scizor/Shaymin, when is it useful?, etc)

Commonly seen on:

(Standard set goes here)
(why is it good on Landorus-T?)

More advanced strategy:

(Advanced set goes here)
(why is it good on Dragonite? why is it advanced?)

The 5 moves I plan to cover are Dragon Ascent, King's Shield+Doom Desire (combo found on ShuffleDoom sets), Crabhammer, V-create, and Dark Void. I might list some honorable mentions if there's room and some "dishonorable" mentions, signature moves that are not often run because they're outclassed or too niche (Aeroblast for example, since Oblivion Wing and Hurricane are almost always preferred.)

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
I changed the OP because we're suspecting Mega Aero and all signs point toward ban.

Anything else I should do?

I was under the impression that you had AW access already but apparently that isn't so, so I'll ping Bummer and Toast++ for ya. >n<; We're releasing soon, but aside from that, you can start the article anytime.

Reactions: EV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)