Announcement Movin' On Up

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The first thread I ever made in Pet Mods was for my first Pet Mod, called Movin On Up. It was a simple Pet Mod revolving around buffing low tier mons to OU level status, with each slate themed around specific types. It was a good mod, all things considered, and I often reflect upon how that was a rather simple period of time. It rather fitting to cycle back then to now, as I do yearn for such simple times about now. Alas, life sucks.

Cutting to the chase, I am resigning from both leadership and being a moderator of Pet Mods effective immediately. Life has gotten a bit more complicated, nd honestly I don't really have that driving passion I used to carry, and I'd rather let new blood flourish than have an old head who has no more passion drive the forum into the ground. I have been here for a long time, back when Pet Mods was just a side project under OMs, and I have watched and nurtured it to blossom into its own beautiful subforum with so many active members! I have seen many old titans fade away, and I have witnessed so much new faces pop in. Now, what will happen? Well, I still will be around, contributing to a mod or two, still kicking it in the discord, but I can't see myself actually running my own mod anytime soon. As for leadership? Well, Ludicrousity will take over as head of the project, and plans have been long underway to decide on who will fill the vacuums left by charizard888 and now my departure. But I guess that will have to wait and see.

I'd like to give a big shout out to every single person who had, is currently or plans on participating in Pet Mods! Its a wonderful community, and I wouldn't have traded my experiences for the world. Shoutout to The Immortal who pulled the strings to give Pet Mods the chance to not only flourish as a OM side project, but to step out into its own forum and grow even more. I praise all the coders, the spriters, everyone who has put in the work to help give Pet Mods leap from Smogon threads onto our own server, and eventually the main server! Thanks to everyone, and I hope yall will do well.

I'm ending this with a meme, and I'd like more memes, so please share an appropriate one if you happen to come across this thread. Lata!
db730227f8cb6c6a4abab7f6a572a1b1.jpg

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Wow, I can understand how tiring it can get at times with doing mod tasks and all of that, so you really deserve this retirement with all what you've done. Thanks for being around for so long and helping the community.

Farewell, good sir. You were a great presence in the Pet Mods community, and even though you would later infract me once, I still am thankful for your presence.

You will be missed by all in the Pet Mods community. May life serve you well.

Aaaaaaa, I'm so sad to see you go!! D:
You were one of the first people I knew both here and in CAP, and I was immediately struck by what a genuinely supportive you were in both...
I don't know that I would have stuck around nearly so long myself without someone like you being there - you are a wonderful person and a wonderful guiding hand, and I'm so grateful for everything you've done both for the community as a whole and in being so welcoming as an individual. ;-;
I really hope everything's alright in your real-life situation and that you're doing well - I dunno if I'm the first person you would think to ask, but let me know if you need anything or if there's any way to help! And I hope you're still around sometimes even though you're stepping away as a leader - I would miss you a ton if you were gone, and I bet everyone else feels the same;;;
That said, it's definitely most important that you do what's best for yourself - I just hope you know how important you are to all of us and how much we love you, and I wish you the best from here on out!!

Haven't been here too long but I'll certainly miss seeing you here, with...whatever that avatar is... but thank you for your leadership among the Pet Mods! I'm terrible with sappy stuff so here, this is how I feel. And good luck with your future endeavors et cetera et cetera.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
i at first thought this was a revival of the mod, scrolled down to see people posting sad reaction images a bunch, and got very very confused

In all seriousness, G-Luke, thank you so much for your contributions to this subforum over the years. It's sad to see you step down but you've really been a key player here ever since before I even joined Smogon. If you don't end up talking on the Discord at all beyond this, then I hope life treats you well wherever you end up.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Haven't been here for long at pet mods but i have seen you a lot at some other places. Will miss ya. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)