Musharna

It's good at being a part of baton passing chains, especially if it falls to UU (it probably is. I know we're not supposed to discuss tiers but it will probably land there otherwise it'll be outshined by espeon in OU). It can assist power, has great special bulk, can barrier...etc.

Again, sorry to assume but it's never gonna be on par with OU threats, in a less explosive environment, it can run a Calm Mind set with little problems. Synchronize is gonna help here.

It's good at being a part of baton passing chains, especially if it falls to UU (it probably is. I know we're not supposed to discuss tiers but it will probably land there otherwise it'll be outshined by espeon in OU). It can assist power, has great special bulk, can barrier...etc.

Again, sorry to assume but it's never gonna be on par with OU threats, in a less explosive environment, it can run a Calm Mind set with little problems. Synchronize is gonna help here.
That's assuming Espeon will be OU, which doesn't seem all that likely at this stage. If Espeon falls to UU, Musharna won't even stand a chance there.

Musharna is looking more and more appealing as a doubles TR lead. I have a question about this though. The Dream World doesn't open in NA until at least March 30, right? I thought I heard that Musharna's DW ability had been released in Japan, but is there any word when this might happen elsewhere?
DW Musharna can be caught each friday at the Dreamyard UG after defeating the E4. Therefor it should be released in Japan, America and Europe by now.

maybe I'm a total noob but why has no one listed a single set with dreameater?

Musharna @ Leftovers
Synchronize

- Yawn / hypnosis
- Dreameater
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball / Psychic

Dreameater seems like a much better option than moonlight, especially if your going to be doing yawn threats & have sync

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
maybe I'm a total noob but why has no one listed a single set with dreameater?

Musharna @ Leftovers
Synchronize

- Yawn / hypnosis
- Dreameater
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball / Psychic

Dreameater seems like a much better option than moonlight, especially if your going to be doing yawn threats & have sync
Because Sleep Clause in standard OU nullifies all Dream Eater sets. Once one Pokemon is put to sleep, all he has to do is switch out. You cannot induce sleep again until that first one wakes up.

Because Sleep Clause in standard OU nullifies all Dream Eater sets. Once one Pokemon is put to sleep, all he has to do is switch out. You cannot induce sleep again until that first one wakes up.
this doesn't apply to wifi matches does it? just the battle program thing?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
this doesn't apply to wifi matches does it? just the battle program thing?
If you play by Smogon's rules, you don't put more than one Pokemon to sleep.

Of course Nintendo's Random Battle mode and Flat Battle rules don't have this clause.

Also Dark types are outright immune to Dream Eater.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
thats what shadow ball is for.
A Ghost attack versus a Dark type?

Even a Gengar using a STAB Life Orb Shadow Ball does minimal damage (24.9%-29.5%) to a Tyranitar with minimal defenses (without a sandstorm up, mind you!). And Gengar has much higher Special Attack than Musharna and STAB to boot.

Nevermind Hydreigon who has similar defenses to Tyranitar (excluding the Sandstorm defense boost), or Bisharp who is 4x resistant to Ghost, to name a couple dark types. And nevermind the myriad of Steel types that resist Ghost quite effectively.

Plus Normal types can switch in on Shadow Ball with imputiny. And with another Pokemon already asleep, you have nothing left.

The point is, are you going to relegate an entire move slot (or two moveslots) to something that is not only situational, but can be outright defeated, and then use your only other attack move on something with poor type coverage? Dream Eater + Shadow Ball is a terrible combination no matter how you look at it.

A Ghost attack versus a Dark type?

The point is, are you going to relegate an entire move slot (or two moveslots) to something that is not only situational, but can be outright defeated, and then use your only other attack move on something with poor type coverage? Dream Eater + Shadow Ball is a terrible combination no matter how you look at it.
ah I see, I haven't played in several years. I think my 2nd set it pretty good, or at least ok.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
- future sight
- rest
- sleep talk
- Shadow Ball / Hidden power (fight)
This set has the same problems as before. Although for the final move slot, are you trying to hit Ghosts and Psychics, or Normals, Darks, and Steels?

If you run Shadow Ball, Normals, Darks, and Steels wall you all day. But if you run HP Fighting, Psychics and Ghosts stop you.

Scizor can come in and rip you to shreds regardless of what you run.

This set has the same problems as before. Although for the final move slot, are you trying to hit Ghosts and Psychics, or Normals, Darks, and Steels?

If you run Shadow Ball, Normals, Darks, and Steels wall you all day. But if you run HP Fighting, Psychics and Ghosts stop you.

Scizor can come in and rip you to shreds regardless of what you run.
so what would you recommend? future sight/ rest / sleep talk seems like a pretty good combo to me.

I'd use a Cresselia instead of a Musharna, for starters.
Woah woah woah, lets not completely shoot down his idea for a team member. People can use whateeeever pokemon they want, kay?

Hmmm what I would do with this thing is make a Calm Mind/Stored Power set most likely. While it is slightly gimmicky (I've seen worse in terms of gimmicks), it could work in some cases.

Calm Mind
Stored Power (10 BP and increases by 40 BP every time you use Calm Mind if it works they way I think it does)

And then filler moves of your choice...

Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Charge Beam(Powers up Stored Power even further)
Rest (To heal up after the CMs)
Thunder Wave (Might give you more chances to CM with some luck and provides team support)
Screens Maybe
Ehhh anything really. Whatever your team calls for really...

What ever the heck you can think of....

Woah woah woah, lets not completely shoot down his idea for a team member. People can use whateeeever pokemon they want, kay?

Hmmm what I would do with this thing is make a Calm Mind/Stored Power set most likely. While it is slightly gimmicky (I've seen worse in terms of gimmicks), it could work in some cases.

Calm Mind
Stored Power (10 BP and increases by 40 BP every time you use Calm Mind if it works they way I think it does)

And then filler moves of your choice...

Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Charge Beam(Powers up Stored Power even further)
Rest (To heal up after the CMs)
Thunder Wave (Might give you more chances to CM with some luck and provides team support)
Screens Maybe
Ehhh anything really. Whatever your team calls for really...

What ever the heck you can think of....
I saw that set with RestTalk on a battle video, it pretty much swept in Doubles alongside a Watchog (lol)

This is the set I use for Musharna:

Musharna @ Leftovers; Bold - Synchronize
112 HP/72 Def/252 Sp. Atk/72 Sp. Def
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Moonlight

This is the set I have personally made for it and it really works great against most of the metagame. Volcarona seems to be really it's main threat after a quiver dance, but before a quiver dance, it's really not a problem, so long as you know what you're doing. Musharna is a great Pokemon, I don't know why all of you are saying it sucks. It's a bulky Reuniclus, and as such can survive long enough to set up and in turn, destroy.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
most viable as a double TR lead extreme bulk makes it possible, and low speed, obviously.

blackmajick i suggest you go read around / lurk before you start posting sets (shadow ball against dark types, really)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)