SM OU My 2nd RMT

Disclaimer:
I was casually laddering with Chaz Kangas ghosting on discord when he loaded up this really good team, as soon as I saw the team I asked him for the pastebin. I laddered using this team for a good while and noticed some things were terribly wrong with this team, I believe I have addressed most of them now and this team is looking pretty solid.

GENGAR

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick

The one mon that made me instantly fall in love with this team, Gengar. Specs gengar is so overlooked right now and especially with the lack of solid ghost resists in OU right now, this mon put's in oh so much work.

• Sludge wave is the strongest STAB move it gets but poison itself isn't too great right now with ground types like landorus, chomp, zygarde running rampant as well as steel types which are completely immune to it
  • Shadow ball however, being a bit weaker than it's poison counterpart at 80bp this STAB is a largely unresisted STAB which will chunk a majority of your opponents team.
  • Focus Miss is important for ferrothorns and the odd tyranitar, if you come across a team with a tyranitar(ttar swaps in on any of gar's attacks) except for focus miss which will score you a nice ohko. If you make a godly prediction of greninja coming in on a sball and click focus miss you get extra brownie points.
  • Trick just allows it to ease the matchup for gengar vs stall. Giving chansey/pex/mola or any other mon specs is basically ruining one stall mon period.
MEGA-SCIZOR

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 44 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch

Defensive defog scizor - SSI against MMetagross, Alo-Muk(beware of weird fire moves, preferably scout with tran first), Mega Beedril.
Soaks up tbolts and such very nicely as well, can come in on scarf lele pretty easily after scouting for hp fire.

TAPU KOKO

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
Happiness: 0
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

While this spot originally belonged to scarf keldeo on Chaz's team, the problem with keldeo is the speed control isn't quite enough sadly. Mega pinsir could come in on tangrowth and SD freely as we are forced to swap and then at +2 there was sadly only the X to use. Autotomize steela was a huge problem as well but koko said buh bye to all that. Scarf koko proudly outspeeding +2 celesteela and is just such a nuisance in general. Outpacing other scarfers like lele is always nice as well.

You could drop a move for u-turn and change the nature too (hp fire is 0 Atk IVs + modest nature) if you want to switch things up a little.

ZYGARDE

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 248 HP / 184 SpD / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Coil

Sub coil zygarde and banded zygarde, both are so good in this meta right now. SpDef Zygarde switches into heatran and pretty much any special non super effective hit with relative ease(Im looking at you, nihilego) . Again, a god vs stall all you have to do is weaken clefable and bring in this monster to win.

Alternate option is to run extreme speed/outrage instead of toxic on zygarde.While I myself was tempted to drop tox for e speed, I stuck by it because it eases your teams matchup vs opposing tangrowths.

HEATRAN

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock

Not your everyday SpDef tran, this bad boy is packing bloom doom for the sexy fini's out there. This is your rocker and shocker. Try to keep this alive and healthy if you see scizors on your opponents team.

TANGROWTH

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rock Slide
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

NOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNONMOMNOMNOMNOM. That's all it does to hits, packing rock slide is the tech to lure in the volcaronas/zard y/pinsirs.

Import - https://hastebin.com/riyuvifewe.diff

Threatlist:-

• DD SSSS Lando-t
  • Protean ninja
  • Mega mawile
  • Mimikyu

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)