My BL/UU Team.

I've decided to try my luck in the BL/UU tiers, mostly because I'm tired of facing Sandstorm teams every other battle. OU can just get boring after a while.

Swellow
@ Flame Orb
Jolly | Guts
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-Turn
- Pursuit/Quick Attack/Steel Wing/Protect

My lead. He's fragile and doesn't last long with burn damage and recoil damage, but he can hit hard and outspeeds most the BL/UU metagame. Facade is STABed and reaches 140 base power with the burn damage, and Brave Bird is also STABed and hits Grass-types and Fighting-types hard. U-Turn lets me get out of trouble and can deal some decent damage if it's super-effective. I'm undecided on the last move. Protect is easily predicted and could allow my opponent to set up or heal. I like Pursuit, but Steel Wing is nice for hitting Rock-types. Any suggestions?

Clefable
@ Leftovers
Bold | Magic Guard
252 HP, 128 Defense, 124 Special Defense
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Cosmic Power

This is my all-time favorite Pokemon. Once this thing sets up, it's almost impossible to take down, especially since most BL/UU teams lack a phazer. Cosmic Power raises both my defenses to godly levels, while Softboiled heals all damage taken while she is raising her stats. Seismic Toss combined with Toxic slowly takes out each opponent. The only thing that walls this is Gengar, and he isn't in BL/UU.

Venusaur
@ Leftovers
Calm | Overgrow
252 HP, 204 Special Defense, 54 Special Attack
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

Another one of my favorites. He's my special wall and SleepSeeder. Sleep Powder a Pokemon and Leech Seed the switch-in. Very annoying. STABed Sludge Bomb hits Grass-types that are immune to Leech Seed for super-effective damage, and Synthesis heals. Sludge Bomb might also poison the foe, which makes for even more damage. He also serves an important role of getting rid of Toxic Spikes that Cloyster or Drapion might lay down.

Alakazam
@ Life Orb
Modest/Timid | Synchronize
252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball/Taunt

The Glass Cannon. Hits with unbridled might, but almost any hit will take him out. I can't decide to get with Modest or Timid. He needs Timid in OU, but I think only Swellow, Electrode, Sceptile, and a few other Pokemon outspeed him in BL/UU. He would enjoy the extra power. Psychic for a main STAB, and Shadow Ball and Focus Blast together are unresisted. Shadow Ball also allows me to hit other Psychic-types and Focus Blast hits Steels. Energy Ball is nice for those annoying Quagsire and Gastrodon, but Taunt might be more useful. Any suggestions?

Blastoise
@ Leftovers
Bold | Torrent
252 HP, 128 Defense, 100 Special Defense, 24 Special Attack
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Sleep Talk

My phazing tank and sleep absorber. With Butterfree, Venomoth, Bellossom, Venusaur, and other sleep inducers, it's nice to have something that can make use of it. Surf and Ice Beam are a nice combination, and Roar phazes. He can take hits better than most would think.

Blaziken
@ Choice Scarf
Adamant | Blaze
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Double Kick
- ThunderPunch

Eat your heart out Infernape. My Scarfer and hard-hitting physical attacker. When my HP gets low, a Blaze-powered STABed Flare Blitz will pretty much take out anything that doesn't resist it. Double Kick over Sky Uppercut because of better accuracy and Substitute breaking possibilities. Brave Bird for recoil damage to activate Blaze, and ThunderPunch for Water-types.

Things I lack: Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. I just don't know what to take out. Maybe I could take out Blastoise for something like Armaldo, but I like Blastoise a lot. I'm just not sure.

Please rate and comment. All suggestions are welcomed.

I see two problems:
- Alakazam should carry specs or scarf. It will hit-n-run. Psychic, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast and Grass Knot (Energy ball could be better in BL/UU).
- Blaziken can't use Brave Bird. It only helps with Ludicolo, because Flare Blitz has the same coverage, but with STAB. Double Kick won't work. If you want a better accuracy, use Brick Break.

About Swellow, I'd use Pursuit, but all the attacks are quite interesting.

I see two problems:
- Alakazam should carry specs or scarf. It will hit-n-run. Psychic, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast and Grass Knot (Energy ball could be better in BL/UU).
- Blaziken can't use Brave Bird. It only helps with Ludicolo, because Flare Blitz has the same coverage, but with STAB. Double Kick won't work. If you want a better accuracy, use Brick Break.

About Swellow, I'd use Pursuit, but all the attacks are quite interesting.
There's really no reason to use Alakazam for "hit and run" when he can sweep entire teams late game. I bring him in as my last Pokemon and rip apart whatever is left on my opponent's team.

Blaziken really has no better attack to use over Brave Bird, but I will go with Brick Break. I'll also use Pursuit on Swellow.

I say get rid of Blastoise for a Spinner/ Spiker. What you want the spiker to should determine the spiker. Do you want something that is mainly an attacking force? or something that can wall too? Tentacruel is good, but I think that your team would be too far on the special spectrum if you did that. Caturne is interesting, but won't be able to wall anything. Maybe something like caturne with destiny bond and spikes+ two STAB moves? That way you could use a mixed set.

There is no such tier as BL/UU. BL is a faux tier, and UU is a tier on it's own, in which you can't use "BL" anyways.

Obviously stuff like Alakazam, Flygon, Tangrowth and Spiritomb are far better than Xatu, Octillery, and Hitmontop. UU is it's own seperate tier. BL are basically OU pokemon that aren't "over-used". They're just as strong, but aren't as common because they don't have very defined roles.

Blaziken would like Earthquake or Stone Edge in Brave Bird's place.
Alakazam can sweep in the late game, true, but it's quite fragile, so a scarf to outspeed everything is really useful. Anyway, Life Orb works too.

As Skiddle has said UU/BL is not a recognised tier ... so unfortunately you are going to have decide whether you want to use BL pokemon, and thus effectively rule yourself out of the UU environment, or whether you want to compete in the UU metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)