My Effort To Help Those Who Wish To Collect Them All

So I couldn't find a comprehensive list online for tracking every Pokémon available in SwSh (and consequently the opposite; no lists for mons that weren't available) All trackable lists only included every mon ever, or every mon with a Dex entry.

So I decided to make one for those who want one like I did.

My spreadsheet includes;
  • A sheet listing every Pokémon that you can possess in SwSh. Color coded for Pokémon with special cases to their acquisition, and also sorted by generation to make it easier on the eyes and not a mile long.
  • A sheet listing every Pokémon that you cannot have in SwSh. Sorted the same way, for those with other games, Pokémon Go, or Pokémon Home who wish to collect in the event the National Dex returns and they can be ready.
  • A sheet with 10 tips for beginners or players who have not attempted this on SwSh yet. Mostly comprised of things I learned along the way that would have made my personal process a lot lot faster.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...9gk31nZJihkAQNr7tXH/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

I hope that I am able to help even one person. I had completed a legitimate living Dex on ORAS after it came out with all 721, It was easily the happiest accomplishment I had ever made in the world of my hobbies. Then my cartridge got stolen by a person who was a friend of my now ex-girlfriend. I hadn't played Pokémon since, until the reveal of the Sinnoh remakes. I got so excited that I had to get a switch and get a head start on another living National Dex, only to learn it was not a thing anymore, and there was no way to at the very least... keep track of every Pokémon that I could have for the time being. Currently I am only a Diancie away from doing it again and I am happy to help others in the same journey, I used to be an approved cloner on PS Wifi but thats too complicated on switch, so I decided to help this way.

Last edited:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Sweet mother of Arceus, you really put your time into this thing. I haven't had the time to look at this until now, but... man, what a project. Like, seriously, how long did this take you?

Let's just say that I know what to say if anyone ever asks about PokéDex completion in this game. I'll just refer them to this if that's okay with you. Your efforts are appreciated with this huge undertaking, even if I myself am not necessarily too interested in PokéDex completion. On behalf of those who are, thank you for doing this. :D

Sweet mother of Arceus, you really put your time into this thing. I haven't had the time to look at this until now, but... man, what a project. Like, seriously, how long did this take you?

Let's just say that I know what to say if anyone ever asks about PokéDex completion in this game. I'll just refer them to this if that's okay with you. Your efforts are appreciated with this huge undertaking, even if I myself am not necessarily too interested in PokéDex completion. On behalf of those who are, thank you for doing this. :D
Thank you, it took me a few days but the information wasn't too hard to put together. Someone showed me a link that has a weird table of all the Pokemon with coding in SwSh and I had to translate that to the spreadsheet and individually remove all of the Japanese names of the Pokemon because they were in the same boxes as the English names; that was the longest part.

After that it was a matter of sorting by generation (easy), confirming that it was correct (not as easy lol), and looking into more recent articles and info-sites to confirm the information for the color coded mons. After which I just had to confirm all my data, set up the slide with non-obtainables which was easier thanks to articles on them I could copy paste and just needed data validation once copied. I am glad I did that latter part as none of the articles mentioned Alolan forms that weren't available.

As for the tips; 6 of them are things I wish I had done either at all, or from the start of my journey that would have made it a lot easier. The others are things I learned in my living-dex adventure on ORAS that would be good for beginners to know. My favorite is the idea of having a Wrangler mon which made catching Pokemon so so so much more efficient.

I'm incredibly happy to be able to help some people who are playing the game the same way I am and was so shocked to see nothing like this existed online considering I just got the game a few months ago. Though I dont want to pretend or for people think that making this was an arduous task. It just took a bit of tedious time and a love for charts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)