My Favorite Tier Returns

My favorite Tier returns! UU has been my favorite tier from the days of 4th gen and so far, I think this gens UU is looking a lot more fun than OU once again. However, I feel like my team is missing something whenever I use it.

Anyway, let's get started.

Swampert!

Swampert Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252HP/252Def/4Att
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Good old reliable Swampert makes a return but I must admit, he was actually the last member I added to my team as I didn't know what my last Pokemon should be. Still though, he has been working out well as a Stealth Rock setter and a general tank. He can take Flare Blitzes and V creates with ease which is really good for my team. He is also my main switch into Metagross which is otherwise a bit of a threat to my team. Overall I am happy with Swampert but more than willing to change it to something more suitable.

Next is Manectric!

Manectric @Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod > Intimidate
EVs: 252Sp.a/252Spe/4Def
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice

Wanting to try out Mega Manectric was the main reason I made this team and so far I have to say I am impressed. I tend to lead off with Manectric so I can Mega Evolve ASAP as otherwise I have found it quite difficult to find another opportunity due to regular Manectrics terrible bulk. On the whole though, using Mega Manectric has been a pleasant experience. The extra speed really helps me out a lot and it has a lot more power than I gave it credit for when I first seen it. It's bulk is also impressive after an Intimidate as I no longer fear switching into things like Crobats orTornadus and even Hawlucha if I predict correctly. Even though it struggles with might special walls like Chansey and Florges, Volt Switch is there for a reason and Mega Manectric is scary enough to force a lot of switches which goes well with Swamperts SR.

Now onto Mienshao!

Mienshao Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252att/252spe/4sp.d
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Another old reliable from last gens UU. There isn't much to say about Mienshao except that it is as fantastic as ever if not even better with Knock Off since it no longer fears ghosts. High Jump Kick is stupidly powerful STAB and U-turn keeps momentum brilliantly and also activates regenerator. Fake Out is a bit odd but my team is really lacking in priority and while stone edge is nice, I don't think I really need it since most flying types are just a switch in opportunity for Manectric. I chose Life Orb over Choice scarf really just to ease prediction, I hate being locked into High Jump Kick with so many resists and immunities floating around plus I think my team is fast enough. It also helps against pokemon like Umbreon and Chansey who commonly carry protect. Still though, Mega Manectric and Mienshao make a formidable team!

Next is Latias!

Latias@ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252Sp.a/252Spe/4HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover

With threats like Shaymin, Celebi and Keldeo running around all over the place, Latias is an invaluable member of the team. It can take pretty powerful Special hits and dish them right back out! Common switch ins include Florges and Umbreon who Latias can't really deal with very well. Umbreon can be dealt with other members of my team but Florges remains a problem. I opted not to use Defog as Hazards are not a massive threat to my team and I like having the security in recover. Hidden Power fire is for steel types like Metagross and Mega Aggron but so far has not been used.

Moving onto Aromatisse!

Aromatisse Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252HP/252Def/4Sp.a
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

I know you are all asking "Why is he using Aromatisse and not Florges?". Admittedly I have not tried Florges yet but Aromatisse has a few advantages over it. The main reason is the much superior Physical Bulk, secondly Aromatisse has a useful ability in that it cannot be taunted, thirdly it passes bigger wishes and fourthly I like Aromatisse better. Overall it is a good cleric, a good switch into fighting and bug types and a valuable member of the team. Wish Passing to Swampert + Manectric has been useful and surprisingly easy due to their bulk and Aromatherapy is obviously useful for random toxicx, burns, paralysis and for waking up my next guy.

Snorlax Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144HP/188Def/176SpD
Careful Nature
- Return
- Rest
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

If last gens UU taught me anything, it was to never mess with Chandelure and so this guy is perfect for the Lantern. This guy is my go to special wall that has defensive synergy with Aromatisse since it resists fighting attacks with Snorlax hates, plus it wakes it up if ever I need to rest. This guy will be my status absorber if I need one as well which is always useful to have. Whirlwind is for general phazing for things like Mega Houndoom. Return is obvious STAB and I didn't know what to put in the last slot so I chose the always reliable EQ to hit things like opposing Mega Manectric, Victini, Metagross or Chandelure hard on the switch. I am more than open for advice on a different moveset as so far, I have been sort of disappointed with this guy.

The biggest threats to my team so far are Mega Blastoise and Florges which is problematic since they are the 2 most common Pokemon. Latias can potentially 2hko Florges with Psyshock if it is specially defensive but defensive versions will win.

Mega Blastoise just has absurd power and it seems to have a 100% confusion rate with Water Pulse instead of 30% >_>.

Any advice is welcome!.

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, this is a cool team you have here ^.^ I do have a few suggestions though:

Your team doesn't seem to have a win-condition right now, so I would recommend CM Slowbro > Swampert. Slowbro can switch into almost everything that Swampert does, and has the same level of offensive presence. However, CM Slowbro makes for a much better cleaner late-game, and is actually very easy to set up with! Here is the set:

Slowbro @ Leftovers | Regenerator
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA | Bold
Calm Mind | Scald | Psyshock / Ice Beam | Slack Off

The third slot is your pick between Psyshock and Ice Beam. Psyshock lets you win Calm Mind wars while also giving you an easier time against the likes of Roserade, while Ice Beam makes sure you're not Zygarde weak and demolishes Celebi.

I recommend using Defog > Hidden Power Fire on Latias. This is because Defog is really useful for getting rid of hazards, especially Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Sticky Web, all of which you're really vulnerable to. Furthermore, Hidden Power Fire barely does anything to AV Metagross and specially defensive Mega Aggron, aka the two most common Steel-types, anyway, so you're not missing out on much.

Honestly, Snorlax seems to be forced into your team for the sheer purpose of walling Chandelure, which almost all of your Pokemon can actually very easily revenge kill anyway. Also, your team is currently really Fairy-weak, as you have mentioned in the RMT. To fix this problem, I recommend Metagross > Snorlax. Metagross will become your SR setter as well as a switch-in to every Fairy-type, and it really loves the support offered by Aromatisse as well! As for your Chandelure problem, you can easily revenge kill it with Meinshao and Mega Manectric if it is LO or Specs, and play around with what it locks itself into if it's Scarf. Here is the Metagross set:

Metagross @ Leftovers | Clear Body
204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe | Adamant
Stealth Rock | Meteor Mash | Earthquake | Bullet Punch / Zen Headbutt

The Speed EVs let Metagross outspeed uninvested Nidoqueen as well as Florges. The last slot is for either priority or coverage. Bullet Punch gives you a secondary priority move, while Zen Headbutt hits Fighting-types like Meinshao for super effective damage (note: they can't OHKO with Knock Off without a lot of prior damage).

Anyway, I hope I helped you ryanr554, and good luck with your team ^.^

Hi there, this is a cool team you have here ^.^ I do have a few suggestions though:

Your team doesn't seem to have a win-condition right now, so I would recommend CM Slowbro > Swampert. Slowbro can switch into almost everything that Swampert does, and has the same level of offensive presence. However, CM Slowbro makes for a much better cleaner late-game, and is actually very easy to set up with! Here is the set:

Slowbro @ Leftovers | Regenerator
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA | Bold
Calm Mind | Scald | Psyshock / Ice Beam | Slack Off

The third slot is your pick between Psyshock and Ice Beam. Psyshock lets you win Calm Mind wars while also giving you an easier time against the likes of Roserade, while Ice Beam makes sure you're not Zygarde weak and demolishes Celebi.

I recommend using Defog > Hidden Power Fire on Latias. This is because Defog is really useful for getting rid of hazards, especially Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Sticky Web, all of which you're really vulnerable to. Furthermore, Hidden Power Fire barely does anything to AV Metagross and specially defensive Mega Aggron, aka the two most common Steel-types, anyway, so you're not missing out on much.

Honestly, Snorlax seems to be forced into your team for the sheer purpose of walling Chandelure, which almost all of your Pokemon can actually very easily revenge kill anyway. Also, your team is currently really Fairy-weak, as you have mentioned in the RMT. To fix this problem, I recommend Metagross > Snorlax. Metagross will become your SR setter as well as a switch-in to every Fairy-type, and it really loves the support offered by Aromatisse as well! As for your Chandelure problem, you can easily revenge kill it with Meinshao and Mega Manectric if it is LO or Specs, and play around with what it locks itself into if it's Scarf. Here is the Metagross set:

Metagross @ Leftovers | Clear Body
204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe | Adamant
Stealth Rock | Meteor Mash | Earthquake | Bullet Punch / Zen Headbutt

The Speed EVs let Metagross outspeed uninvested Nidoqueen as well as Florges. The last slot is for either priority or coverage. Bullet Punch gives you a secondary priority move, while Zen Headbutt hits Fighting-types like Meinshao for super effective damage (note: they can't OHKO with Knock Off without a lot of prior damage).

Anyway, I hope I helped you ryanr554, and good luck with your team ^.^
Thanks very much for the rate! I have used the team with your suggested changes and I am already seeing improvements, especially where Metagross is concerned. Florges no longer is a massive problem although I am still wary of it. Slowbro is just as good as ever and seeing as it has regenerator and Slack Off, it is a better counter to Physical Fire types than Swampert ever was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)