My first attempt to make a successful team.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
First of all, welcome to my 3rd RMT in these forums, i decided to make a UU team after making a couple other OU weather teams [mainly because i suck at making balanced ones.] and this is the first balanced team that i built and turned out to be successful, so i decided to share it with you guys to try to make it even better.

Team at a Glance

Lead: Kabutops
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Attack / 196 Spe
Moves:
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet

My lead, and god how this lead is effective, it rarely dies before at least killing the opposite lead and setting up the Rocks, and if possible spin away the opponent's Rocks/other entry hazards. Aqua Jet works wonders against Fake Out users (Ambipom, Persian) and is a nice priority moves that can make Kabutops able to Revenge Kill if it lives until later in the game, the EVs are simple, as much bulk as possible and as much power/speed as possible, pretty much self-explanatory.

All-Out wall: Milotic
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 58 SpD
Moves:
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ahhh, Milotic, a classic tank. Milotic's amazing 95/79/125 Defenses make it very hard to get rid of, especially after boosting Milotc's Defense by +50% by abusing RestTalk combo and it's ability, Ice Beam can take out the annoying Grass types, Surf is mainly as a stab, and can take out things that Ice Beam cannot. The EVs are simple on Milotic too, 252 HP boosts my overall survivability, 200 Def along with Rest make Milotic's physical defense high in the sky, rest dumped into SpD for more survivability against Special attacks.

The so called Wallbreaker, and semi-revenge killer: Blaziken.
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Rash
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Moves:
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Superpower
- Hidden Power Electric

This was originally Arcanine, but it wasn't really doing well for my team, so i decided to replace it with the other Fire powerhouse, Blaziken ! Blaziken's amazing wallbreaking skills can tear through unprepared teams, Fire Blast pretty much hits anything not 4x resistant to it, Vacuum Wave is the priority move that allowes Blaziken to revenge kill weakened foes, and get rid of what Fire Blast or Superpower didn't, Hidden Power Electric gives me type coverage against Flying types and Water types. The EVs are also simple on this guy; Power, Speed and physical power.

Semi-tank physical sweeper: Leafeon !
Ability: Leaf Guard
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Moves:
- Quick Attack
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Synthesis

I chose Leafeon over Venusaur mainly for physical bulk and more attack/speed, after a Swords Dance, this guy is unstoppable, even without Swords Dance this guy is great ! It can 2HKO Blaziken with Leaf Blade if it switches in, Life Orb also gives me more power, and the recoil damage isn't really important since i can heal that off with Synthesis. Quick Attack can kill what Leaf Blade couldn't, and can also revenge kill weakened foes. The EVs are the same as Blaziken, as much power as possible and as much speed as possible.

(252 Atk Leafeon Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP/0 Def Blaziken: 37.9% - 44.9%, which is a 2HKO after Stealth Rock damage.)

All-Out physical wall: Weezing !
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Moves:
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Haze
- Pain Split

You might wonder, why Haze on Weezing while you have a Milotic in your team ? Well, basically because i need all the current moves that my Milotic has, and i can't afford to lose any of them. Toxic to stall shit out of anything except the Steel types, Thunderbolt can hit some Pokemon hard, and one of those Pokemon are Swellow, it can also hit opposing Milotic and then Pain Split until it dies. Moving on the Pain Split, this move have saved me quite a few times, Toxic + Pain Split makes the foe run out of HP quickly, which is good for me, so yeah, this is my Weezing guy, saved my ass coupla' times. Same as always, EVs are made to make this guy survive as long as possible, any special hits directed at this guy will either go to Milotic, or kill Weezing.

ALAKATERROR !
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Moves:
- Protect
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power Ground

Yep, this is the main powerhouse of the team, the guy just can't stop sweeping teams unless a Sucker Puncher comes out or a Swellow tries to be bitchy and kill it off with Facade. Protect can scout for any harmful Priority moves, and basically raises the middle finger to MFing Pursuiters, Psychic is the main STAB, and i tell you.. it hurts EVERYTHING. Hidden Power Ground, you might ask ? I will answer with Steelix, Drapion, and Sucker Punchless Houndoom. It just saved my ass lots of times, and made many people ragequit because this guy usually surprises people and kills at least 2 of the opposite Pokemon team before going down.

Calculations for Hidden Power Ground:

Against 252 HP/0 SpD Drapion: 62.2% - 73.8% (2HKO, even with SR up, can get rid of Swords Dance varients quite easily though.)
Against 252 HP / 252 Careful SpD Steelix: 49.7% - 58.8% (2HKO with Rocks, maybe ?)
Against 0 HP / 0 SpD Houndoom: 70.1% - 82.5% (OHKO with Rocks, i believe.)
Against 0 HP / 0 SpD Kabutops: 87.4% - 103.4% (Surely an OHKO after Rocks)

What i do need for this team though, is a spin blocker, but i don't know who to use..

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
How does protect on Alakazam do anything to prevent Pursuit? I'd recommend changing it to Substitute/Signal Beam/Psychic/Focus Blast since substituting a sucker punch is the best Alakazam can come up with.

Anyways, I think this is a good team, but if Venusaur switches into your Milotic (which a special attack uninvested MIlotic will barely dent, even with Ice Beam), he can systematically take out your pokemon one by one since every pokemon on your team dies to LO Sludge Bomb except Weezing who is defensively invested and without rest, and thus very easily worn down.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Protect allows Alakazam to scout to see if they're gonna Pursuit or not, and deal with them instead of switching out.

With a Life Orb and his pretty crap defenses, Alakazam won't be able to take the pursuit and survive it anyway. At least with sub you get a chance to switch out (if you have it up..). Spiritomb just Shadow Sneaks in your face, anyway, if you decide to stay in. Or it could Sucker Punch. Or just Pursuit to stay safe. I'd recommend going with Meru's suggestion. Also, if you keep HP Ground, I'd remove the calc for vs. Blaziken... *cough* your STAB Psychic *cough*

aVocado

@ Everstone
Alakazam won't be able to take the pursuit and survive it anyway
And that's exactly why it has Protect...

If Spiritomb switches it, first thing you'll think about is switching, and first thing the opponent will think about is Pursuit, so i Protect to scout if he's gonna try to trap me or Sucker Punch me and switch to the appropriate counter/stay in and try to kill him.

Spiritomb just Shadow Sneaks in your face
Read above.

Or it could Sucker Punch
Read above.

I'd remove the calc for vs. Blaziken... *cough* your STAB Psychic *cough*
My bad, always forget about that. :P

I'll try the suggestions asap though, and see if it's doing me any good. :) Thanks.

So anyway.. everything else is good except Alakazam ? O_o

Alakazam: Protect
Spiritomb: Pursuit! It didn't work.

So what? You assume that Spiritomb will Sucker Punch or Shadow Sneak? Nope. It can just Pursuit again and again and again, and it's going to kill you in one shot whether you switch or not. So your Zam is a dead one. I agree with the earlier suggestion, put Sub on Alakazam. At least that helps against Sucker Punchers (you protect against SPers but you can't attack them, and least you can now with sub)

I don't like your Leafeon's moveset. I think you should replace Synthesis or Quick Attack with Double-Edge, it just offers so much more power. I'll go with replacing Quick Attack.

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thunderbolt on weezing is terrible in the current metagame. sludge bomb will still hit swellow hard and it hits Venusaur as well. as for milotic, weezing loses anyway. Seriously, change it to sludge bomb.

Subsitute on Alakazam over Protect for sure,Protect isnt helping you against Spiritomb in anyways whatsoever,all Spiritomb has to do is keep up Pursuiting till you faint,if you manage to be behind a sub when Spiritomb comes out atleast you can switch freely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)