My First Ever RMT

I've only recently created this team, and I really like it. However, I feel it could use some changes, and I have no good way to set up hazards besides toxic spikes. I personally prefer to use lesser-used pokemon, as they are often harder to predict and most players won't be able to guess what moves they carry. Sorry if this thread is really messy or formatted badly, I'v never done a rate my team before
Let's Begin:

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
EVs:252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Night Slash
- Facade
- Close Combat
Never underestimate the 'goose. With a half decent speed stat, good attack and a great ability, Zangoose hits surprisingly hard. I could swap quick attack for sword dance, but it really needs some form of priority move to make up for its average speed. Night slash is a must, gotta take out those ghost types, and facade with a toxic boost and STAB tears through teams. Lastly, close combat to take care of the steel types that can take a facade or two.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Toxic
God I love this thing. Umbreon, while incredibly annoying, gets stuff done, and I have used it pretty successfully. Wish and Protect are no-brainers (there is nothing more satisfying than barely living a swords dance boosted move, having the wish heal, and then using foul play to take out your opponent). Similarly, Foul Play is a must as Umbreon has such poor attack to begin with. The last slot I'm not sure about, but Toxic has worked very well so far so I'll keep it unless any of you can think of something better.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- U-Turn
Yanmega, while very weak to SR, has proven to be a valuable asset in my team. Air Slash and Bug Buzz are simply there as reliable STABs, and giga drain is a matter of preference for me; I don't have any grass types on my team (though that could change very easily if it works better) and many a Swampert has underestimated my Yanmega. U-Turn is simply for a free switch in, yanmega has pretty decent speed so it tends to work.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes
In my previous team I had a serious problem with azumarill, but from my experience physically defensive Weezing can eat up just about anything Azumarill can throw at it (obviously a belly drum attack is gonna put a sizable dent in it, but it'll manage fine and a pain split will fix most of the damage). Pain split is a good recovery move, and very good for wrecking Azumarills, basically the point of my weezing, sludge bomb also deals super effective damage. Flamethrower is for the steel switch ins, particularly Excadrill, and to knock 'em down a few pegs. Last slot goes to toxic spikes, as I don't have a designated lead to set up entry hazards.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Hp
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Head Smash
- Ice Shard
I really don't like Donphan. I'm not sure why I'm using him, but I can't think of a good replacement and I need a spinner or a defogger, in addition to a ground type. Im using a pretty standard set, earthquake as a main stab, rapid spin (no explanation needed), head smash to get rid of Talonflame mostly and ice shard for some form of priority and something to touch slightly bulkier flying types (Gliscor)

Empoleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 SpDef / 252 SpAtk
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
I am also not too sure about this one, although I love Empoleon and everything he has to offer. I'm also not sure what moves and EV spread he should have if I want a somewhat defensive one, or if I should go with a more offensive one or what, so help me out here. Anyway, Scald is great for whittling down threats, and a ground type, even a bulky one, can't take a life orb scald very well. Same goes for ice beam, although its purpose is more to shut down grass types. Grass knot is a coverage move mainly, gotta take out other water types somehow. Lastly, stealth rocks, because I really need to get them up at some point and Empoleon seemed to be the best fit

If you could help me change and improve on my team it would be greatly appreciated. This is a very new team, so it has a lot of flaws, but I really enjoy playing with it.

Give umberon swagger. Swagger + foul play = rage quit
No, Don't do this.

I like how this team uses some lesser used Pokemon, but maybe if you dislike Donphan try giving Empoleon Defog. Donphan didn't have recovery either and Empoleon has a much more useful defensive typing. This team seems to lack a good win condition (not Zangoose, without SD it isn't strong enough) so maybe try any late game sweeper you like over Donphan?

If you don't like donphan, why not use a defogger instead. I know there aren't a whole lot of those but the only difference would be your toxic spikes get thrown away and you can put those back down pretty easily. You might even be able to get empoleon to learn it, saving your team a slot.

Also, I know it's a bit gimmicky, but what about venoshock instead of sludge bomb on weezing (or really anywhere in your team). With the toxic spikes down it'll do double damage...and that would pretty much destroy a lot of things switching in.

Anyway hope those ideas help.

No, Don't do this.

I like how this team uses some lesser used Pokemon, but maybe if you dislike Donphan try giving Empoleon Defog. Donphan didn't have recovery either and Empoleon has a much more useful defensive typing. This team seems to lack a good win condition (not Zangoose, without SD it isn't strong enough) so maybe try any late game sweeper you like over Donphan?
What is wrong, exactly, with swagger foul play umbreon? Mine has wish and sub as well and it is boss.

What is wrong, exactly, with swagger foul play umbreon? Mine has wish and sub as well and it is boss.
Besides unreliability? Or not being able to take most strong physical attacks well? Or something setting up a sub before being hit by Swagger? I can tell from the advice you've been giving out you're sort of new to this, but please don't give random advice without a good reason. Swagger Foul Play is extremelly unreliable and even then can be done better by other Pokemon.

"Mine has wish and sub as well and it is boss."

Is not a good reason.

Besides unreliability? Or not being able to take most strong physical attacks well? Or something setting up a sub before being hit by Swagger? I can tell from the advice you've been giving out you're sort of new to this, but please don't give random advice without a good reason. Swagger Foul Play is extremelly unreliable and even then can be done better by other Pokemon.

"Mine has wish and sub as well and it is boss."

Is not a good reason.
Ya ur rit.... I used to use it in my monotype team and it was pretty good, so that was why I suggested it.

Why not try using Defog Zapdos instead of Donphan? Losing Electric immunity sucks but Zapdos also defeats Skarmory, Gliscor, and (some) other physically defensive mons that are quite difficult for this team to handle.

If you hate Donphan that much, why not add Defog onto Empoleon so he becomes your Hazard remover and add the following Poké in his spot:

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Sp / 6 SpA
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power Ice / Aerial Ace
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Your team has a weakness to Fighting with Yanmega being your only check. However, if you switch in and someone predicts it, your most likely receiving a OHKO from said Fighting Type via Stone Edge or even Rock Slide seeing as Yanmega has a 4x weakness to Rock. Shao can remedy that by acting as a Revenge Killer with Scarf and keeping momentum with U-Turn if you predict and incoming unfavorable switch like Talonflame. HP Ice and AA are slashed as depending on your handle of Dragons you might opt for AA to clean up Fighting pokés. Otherwise HP Ice, even with the Nerf, can deal massive damage to most Dragons and even possibly OHKO said Dragons after SR Damage . Also, Shao will be taking out Mold Breaker Excadrill, unless Hax, on the switch if you predict and use HJK to remove the opposing teams Rapid Spinner and can keep your T-Spikes and SR up with impunity.

Hope this has been helpful. Let me know what you think.

If you don't like donphan, why not use a defogger instead. I know there aren't a whole lot of those but the only difference would be your toxic spikes get thrown away and you can put those back down pretty easily. You might even be able to get empoleon to learn it, saving your team a slot.

Also, I know it's a bit gimmicky, but what about venoshock instead of sludge bomb on weezing (or really anywhere in your team). With the toxic spikes down it'll do double damage...and that would pretty much destroy a lot of things switching in.

Anyway hope those ideas help.
Thanks for the suggestion, I switched stealth rocks with defog, has really helped a lot. The only problem I have with venoshock is that, while after I've set up toxic spikes it does reliable damage, I normally don't get those up straight away and until then I only have flamethrower to do damage.

If you hate Donphan that much, why not add Defog onto Empoleon so he becomes your Hazard remover and add the following Poké in his spot:

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Sp / 6 SpA
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power Ice / Aerial Ace
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Your team has a weakness to Fighting with Yanmega being your only check. However, if you switch in and someone predicts it, your most likely receiving a OHKO from said Fighting Type via Stone Edge or even Rock Slide seeing as Yanmega has a 4x weakness to Rock. Shao can remedy that by acting as a Revenge Killer with Scarf and keeping momentum with U-Turn if you predict and incoming unfavorable switch like Talonflame. HP Ice and AA are slashed as depending on your handle of Dragons you might opt for AA to clean up Fighting pokés. Otherwise HP Ice, even with the Nerf, can deal massive damage to most Dragons and even possibly OHKO said Dragons after SR Damage . Also, Shao will be taking out Mold Breaker Excadrill, unless Hax, on the switch if you predict and use HJK to remove the opposing teams Rapid Spinner and can keep your T-Spikes and SR up with impunity.

Hope this has been helpful. Let me know what you think.
Awesome suggestion, at this point I'm really just trying to fulfill your idea and get something that can take out fighting types. I have yet to try Mienshao, but I've been messing around with Archeops (who I really enjoy using, as it's frail enough that once it gets hit by a supereffective move its done fore anyway so Defeatist doesn't really come into play). I'm definitely gonna try Mienshao though. I don't suppose you have any ideas for a SR setter do you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)