My First RMT, please help!

I've been experimenting with a few different setups of the following team, but this is the one that has been working the best. I usually do pretty good, but usually i get out-smarted by something I didn't expect. Anyways, here is my team.

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Naive
36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Psychic
Explosion
Flamethrower
U-turn

I really like leading with Azelf. He can outspeed everything pretty much. Psychic kills Gengar leads, I can U-turn to deal with things Azelf can't.
Flamethrower kills Weavile and Steel-Types. Explosion is for killing Blissey and other stuff that is annoying. I have been having problems with leading Tyranitars, and I am considering Grass Knot.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sand Stream
Adamant
60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Crunch
Pursuit

Tyranitar is great. He can Pursuit ghosts, and other psychic types. He is just a huge threat and is always great. I think that he can't take too much of a beating, and I feel alll his counters are faster and can OHKO him.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Adamant
252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Waterfall
Avalanche
Earthquake
Roar

Great defensively. Always good to have a bulky water type on your team.
Avalanche take care of Dragons. I opted for Roar because it really screws up DD's and CM Suicune, and baton passing teams in generall.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold
148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpA
Softboiled
Flamethrower
Stealth Rock
Thunderwave

Special Wall. My Blissey is a big mess. I really don't know what moves I want her to have. Flamethrower destroys Steel Types. I find it easy to set up Stealth Rock with her. Thunderwave is for added support.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold
252 HP / 220 Def / 4 SpD / 32 Spe
Grass Knot
Thunderwave
Recover
HP Ice

Celebi counters bulky waters and I use this ugly little gnome to counter dragons and Gyarados. Thunderwave paralyzes things he doesn't like.

Garchomp @ Brightpowder
Jolly
Sand Veil
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Substitute
Swords Dance

Gets in after Tyranitar, Subsitutes, Sword Dances, and abuses the evasion to kill everything that could come in.

I really need help with this team. The last slot has been changed 3 times.
Specs Lucario was good, but died to easily, Heracross was good too, but gets killed to easily as well.
I would like to get some more special sweepers, but no one seems to fit in. Magnezone could me good.

Threat List:

Garchomp
Swampert counters with avalanche and celebi takes all those without fire moves. Even those with fire fang die to celebi.

Blissey
Pretty much all of my pokes can kill her. Azelf can come in on something weak, and expodes in her face. Garchomp kills easily. Tyranitar can pursuit her.

Gengar
Azelf can kill the lead Gengars with psychic, but sometimes people switch to a dark type and pursuit my poor Azelf. Tyranitar can kill them easily, but fears focus blast. Blissey can go in and thunderwave it, making it fodder for tyranitar though.

Gyarados
Celebi can counter Gyarados with Grass Knot. If DD gets out of control, I can Roar it with Swampert. Tyranitar is not fast enought o pull of Stone Edge unfortunately.

Tyranitar
My Tyranitar can take it, as well as Swampert.

Lucario
Lucario is scarry sometimes. If I can predict it, I can flamethrower it with Azelf or even Blissey. Garchomp and Swampert can hit with Earthquake as well.

Heatran
Blissey can paralyze, then i can take it with swampert, or tyranitar.

Metagross
Easily dealt with my Swampert, Garchomp, or even TTar if I get a paralysis. Swampert can roar the agility variety, and it resists Meteor Mash.

Salamence
Again, Celebi can take it on, and so can Swampert. I can thunderwave the Special Variety with Blissey. Tyranitar isn't to afraid either if it doesn't have Earthquake.

Bronzong
Leads aren't too annoying. I can Flamethrower with Azelf, later I can flamethrower with Blissey

Infernape
MixApe isn't that big of a deal. Garchomp can kill those without HP Ice. If it gets paralyzed, I can kill it with TTar, and Swampert. If I can predict switch-ins, I can kill it with a pyschic from Azelf.

Swampert
Celebi kills it with grass knot regardless. I can start sword dancing with garchomp sometimes as well.

Weavile
Right now, I use Azelf to kill it, Swampert eventually kills it as well.

Skarmory
I can kill it with Azelf, and 2HKO it with my Blissey.

Forretress
same as above

Gliscor
swampert counters this with waterfall.

Cresselia
Tyranitar Pursuits, Blissey can stall and thunderwave it.

Starmie
I switch to blissey and then paralyze it to Pursuit it with TTar.

Heracross
Scarfed ones can be a problem, but Azelf can outrun those

Breloom
Celebi can get this guy by spaming HP ice.

Togekiss
I really really really dislike this pokemon when it is not on my team. Usually, I try to hit it with a thunderwave from Blissey, and then i'll kill it with a variety of options, suck as TTar (not the aura sphere types) or garchomp can start sword dancing. Even though Azelf is faster, it doesn't have the needed thunderbolt to kill it.

Celebi
and Shaymin can be a problem. Usually I can U-turn with Azelf and get it with a Pursuit from Tyranitar.

Hippowdon
Celebi gets him as well as Swampert.

Azelf
TTar is the obvious counter

Dusknoir
Crunch from TTar after I thunderwave it. I can kill it with Azelf if it doesn't have shadow sneak.

Snorlax
ttar earthquakes it. Garchomp can start sword dancing.

Jirachi
Azelf and Blissey can counter with Flamethrower.

Suicune
Celebi can get them all. If CM gets out of hand, I can roar with swampert.

Porygon-Z
Wall and wave it with Blissey, making it food for my ttar

Electivire
Swampert is easily the best counter to Electivire.

Any suggestions will be a great help.

Will post more later.
Thank you

I think that it's scary how much Heracross can destroy on your team. Toxic Spikes seems to be all over this too. Skarmory for instance, isn't exactly "countered" by Blissey/Azelf even with Flamethrower... just stall teams in general seem to be all over this. You have a lot of standard sets, just Azelf doesn't particularly to fit the team in any way... I'd recommend replacing it.
I agree, perhaps a Gengar in its place.

eh Maybe try Gengar as your lead over azelf? I agree with that azelf doesn't fit. I thought at first you should use roserade or nape but I think gengar probably goes best.

Edit: me and RN had the same thought lol

Just to note with Azelf out of the way, Swords Dance Weavile rips your team apart.

On a different note replacing Waterfall with Stealth Rock on Swampert will prove more useful. That gives your Blissey the option of helping your team with Heal Bell/Aromatherapy which I think you would love >.>

You might want to consider giving Swampert the EV spread of 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe. Though the investment seems almost insignificant on a physical Swampert not only will it allow you to Roar some opponents first but it will also allow you to outspeed treats like Scizor, Umbreon, and Vaporeon that have only invested 4 EVs into speed.

thank you for the input, all this really helps me.
would gengar take care of my weavile and heracross weakness?
The following is what I am considering for a leading gengar.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Timid
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Explosion

I really don't know about this set up. It looks ok, but I think there could be better things.

No, Gengar would not patch up a weakness to Weavile... And Heracross packs Pursuit as well. Having Gengar to counter those pokemon isn't a very good idea, because people use weavile to kill Gengar, not the other way around.

Skarmory and Bronzong pretty much wall Weavile, but Heracross kills them. Gliscor stops Heracross, but not Weavile. I say either get Weezing (who would also help against mamo) or get rid of garchump for someone else.

Get SR on someone else besides Blissey, because without Seismic Toss, Sub CM Riakou could sweep your entire team... I'm pretty sure he's the main reason Siesmic Toss is standard.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I find Azelf to be dead-weight in this team, as already mentioned by a few other users who have replied here.

While it's true that Weavile "can" sweep your team, Swampert is (or atleast it was) classed as a Weavile counter. It may not be able to take a Swords Dance + Night Slash with a critical hit, but it still is used as a physical tank to uphold Weavile back. Why not replace Waterfall on Swampert for Stealth Rock, and add Seismic Toss on Blissey? I don't think Waterfall is nescessary on that set. You could always use the 252 HP / 42 Atk / 216 SDef EV spread Tyranitar, with a Careful nature - That hammers down Raikou well enough.

Wish Blissey is an alkternative to provide Swampert with the nescessary recovery that he will need to counter physical threats. I'd advise it over Thunder Wave (it may be going against your para support for Garchomp idea, but it will stabilize the team). Plus, you have Celebi who dishes out the Thunder Wave well enough. I would chose this to replace Stealth Rock on Blissey's set, while Swampert users Stealth Rock (and could possibly lead).

In fact, there is the Forretress and Gliscor> Swampert and Azelf route you could follow. It would cover up any weaknesess you had in the past; Weavile and Heracross, possibly Lucario, while giving you the Rapid Spin support for your own team. Also, you're then able to use Toxic Spikes yourself, so Mamoswine will be a little less of a problem - Using Forretress and Celebi in tandem to effectively wear it down with the poison.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)