My first RMT!

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
So what I wanted to do was make a team that i thought was well-balanced. So here it goes. (An OU RMT) Changes in bold.

Lead:
Swampert@Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
Evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Moveset: Stealth Rock, Ice Beam, Earthquake, Roar

Now originally my bulky water was the crocune set for suicune but i didn't have a lead so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and get both. My plan with this guy is to set up SR or Roar if its not a favorable matchup and switch to a more reliable counter. And i can keep him alive he'll be able to absorb physical attacks that could hurt my team. The evs give him maximum bulk and defense.

Physical Attacker
Tyranitar@Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
Evs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Moveset: Stone Edge, Crunch, Pursuit, and Aqua Tail

Now then I wanted a physical attacker with great stats and I chose Tyranitar. I try to bring him in on a poke that will switch out as they see him so I can try and damage whatever my opponent brings in. The given speed evs allow him to outspeed 20 spe Skarmory and Max attack is obviously wanted and the rest is dumped into hp to give it some bulk. I chose aqua tail over EQ so i could hit those bulky grounds.

Stallbreaker
Gliscor@Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
Evs: 252 Hp / 4 def / 252 Spe
Moveset: Taunt, EQ, Roost, Toxic

Then I needed a good partner to T-Tar. Someone who could come in a break up a poke trying to wall or stall out T-tar or anything for that matter, so I chose Gliscor. With its Sand Veil ability my evasion gets a boost during T-Tars sandstorm and my speed Evs allow me to outspeed all Lucario, non-Choice Scarf Heracross, Jolly Gyarados without a boost, some variants of Jirachi, and force ties with opposing Gliscor. And the other evs were dumped into HP and def.

Physical Sweeper
Metagross@Lum berry or Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
Evs:102 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 142 Spe
Moveset : Agility, Meteor Mash, EQ, and Thunderpunch

Standard Agiligross but with a little more speed evs. Agility on the switch and set up to sweep. I decided for Thunderpunch for Gyarados because i think i have a bit of a weakness to him.

Special Attacker
Starmie@Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
Evs: 252 Spa / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Moveset: Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Recover

Surf is for the stab and should OHKO some of my biggest threats, Thunderbolt is for the Gyarados and Vaporeons, Ice Beam for the Dragons, Flying, and maybe a weakened grass type, and Recover is so I can heal any Life Orb damage.

Mixed attacker
Infernape@Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Naive Nature
Evs: 64 Atk / 252 Spa / 192 Spe
Moveset: Fire Blast, Grass Knot, Hidden Power Ice(or other move), Close Combat

CC and Fire Blast are for your stab, Grass Knot for the water types including Swamperts, and Hidden Power Ice for scaring Dragons.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your team has a big fire-type problem especially to Heatran and Infernape. I suggest changing Venusaur to Starmie so Infernape wouldn't rape this team anymore and so you have another check to heatran.

MMF

IF I change it to Starmie what set should i run on it

I suggest that you put Roar>Protect on Swampert so you can get rid of some unfavorable matchups and rack up some damage with stealth rock down.

If you do go with Starmie you should probably run this set...
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability:Natural Cure
Evs:252SpA/4SpD/252Spe
Nature:Timid
~ Hydro Pump / Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover / Rapid Spin

Surf or Hydro Pump depend on whether you want more power or accuracy. And Rapid Spin and Recover depend on if you want to get rid of entry hazards or keep Starmie alive longer. I would suggest Recover because you don't have any SR weak pokes on this team. And surf because you will always outspeed any non-scarfed apes while still OHKOing them with either move, I would just go with surf because you wouldn't want to miss on what may be your only attempt at KOing something.

Hope I helped. Gl.

MMF

What about changing Heatran to either a more effective attacking Heatran or maybe an Infernape so I have some fighting moves to use?

You could go with a MixApe since your team won't be drawing too many fire attacks so the ability boost won't matter too often. Plus, MixApes break stall teams that this team might have a hard time with. Just go onto the Smogondex for a set cuz I'm lazy and don't feel like posting one lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)