Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I mainly use Raikou as a win condition or staller, due to substitute. Substitute can get me really easy win if the only pokemon left on the opponent's team can't deal with it quickly. Calm Mind is used to power up thunderbolt and hidden power. Thunderbolt deals with most pokemon, and Hidden Power deals with ground types. It's mostly effective, but there are the occasional checks to this, such as any faster pokemon.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Registeel is the main wall. I usually start off with Registeel, throwing out stealth rocks. After that I go with either toxic or protect depending on the pokemon I'm facing. Blastoise comes out if the enemy sends out their own Usually only dies to fire types or ground types. I'm looking for a seismic toss replacement as it hasn't been too effective.

Noivern @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn

My secondary sweeper and early game pivot. Hurricane is really good for dealing with the team's ground weakness. Taunt is pretty conditional, really only dealing with stallers, but infiltrator usually works for that. A stronger pivot move would be appreciated.

Machamp @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Bullet Punch

A pretty lackluster pokemon that I haven't been able to think of a good replacement for. Has saved me a few times from fairy types using bullet punch, but the fighting type doesn't help. Knock off isn't needed, and usually dies before it can make use of Facade.

Drapion @ Waterium Z
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Another sweeper. A big problem is that it usually that Drapion dies before Swords Dance it's useful.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Suffers from the same problem that Drapion does. When lasts long enough to get moves off, rapid spin isn't particularly effective, and Aura Sphere doesn't have much use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: open

Last edited:
Introduction
Hey TopicHats I see you're having an issue with your team working and I think I got some solutions for you. Firstly, from looking at your team I can tell that it struggles against Ground-type attacks which is something quite common in RU at the moment so I'm going to try and combat that, another issue from what your descriptions seem to say is that you don't like that your team isn't bulky enough to live anything of note.

Major Changes
>

Slowbro @ Psychium Z / Waterium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Slowbro over Drapion allows you to come in on physical Ground-type Pokemon better like Zygarde-10%, Flygon, and Earthquake Metagross that before really threatened your team. You can set up on a lot of physical attackers, weak Pokemon and bulky Pokemon that do not carry status. You are worse versus bulky Pokemon that carry status though but with Guts Machamp for bulky Pokemon like Registeel and Raikou for bulky Water-type Pokemon you can leave this as a pivot until needed as a wincon once the checks are removed. Psychium Z is usually better with Slowbro as it can beat bulkier Water-type resists easier though if you find you prefer Waterium Z try that too.

>

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Donphan over Mega Blastoise also gives you some more defensive utility as Ground-types such as Zygarde-10%, Flygon, and Nidoqueen are pressured by Earthquake and Ice Shard. Ice Shard being massively important versus faster Pokemon like Zygarde-10% and Flygon in particular that can pick your team apart after chip throughout a match. Although this does pressure Grass-types less it can pressure Steel-, Dragon-, Psychic-, and Ghost-type Pokemon as much as Mega Blastoise can. This is just a matter of finding a spinner you like best, with these being the best two options you can really choose from.

Minor Changes
Machamp @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Bullet Punch

If you're finding that your wallbreaker Machamp set isn't doing much it might be because it's failing to outspeed anything. Max Speed on Machamp allows it to out pace bulky Pokemon that remain unboosted, this includes Porygon2, Umbreon, Mantine, and Milotic. Alternatively, you could run Assault Vest with the same set you had as it can live more special hits and lets you live a bit longer vs them, although I feel like Flame Orb is probably better for breaking.

Noivern @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn / Flamethrower

Noivern is one of the most versatile Pokemon in the tier right now and as so lets it work with multiple sets. Personally, I feel like this team would benefit more from adding Rocky Helmet and Flamethrower in order to better deal with Pokemon like Registeel that really puts a hurt on your team once Machamp is gone. Taunt shuts down Registeel or other bulky Pokemon from using status and recovery, then you can rely on Rocky Helmet and Flamethrower to widdle down Registeel while using Roost to keep healthy.

Conclusion
I think that you underestimate how good Pokemon are in the tier and I do not feel that you understand how the Pokemon play. For example the Registeel set is the best Registeel set and one of the best Pokemon in the tier at the moment. The only advice I can give you on how to use bulky Pokemon is to try and speed creep with spare EVs to make sure you can out pace another Pokemon with a small amount of EVs. Keep Seismic Toss as it's really good for Registeel and no move you replace it with will be as effective overall. I also wouldn't say Machamp was lacklustre, maybe its a case of it doing less than you think it should but it really helps you versus bulky Pokemon like Registeel. I hope my comments and rate was helpful :] See below the sprites of the team and import!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)