My Original(?) Team

Well, this is it. I got sick of the "standard" and haven't used my beloved Kingdra since it became OU, so I came up with this team off the top of my head, and decided to give it a go; why not? Let's see what we have here *knuckles crack*:

Froslass w/Focus Sash Timid 252 Spd/252 Sp. Atk/6 HP
-Ice Beam
-Spikes
-Confuse Ray
-Destiny Bond
This is my starter, capable of layering Spikes and blocking Rapid Spinners. Salamence, as a common starter now, will realize Intimidate will not crippl eme and flee fearing Ice Beam. I take this oppertunity to layer Spikes. I then use Confuse Ray to hopefully cover her and assure a safe switch to an appropriate counter. If a huge threat to my team comes out and I have to absolutely get rid of it, Destiny Bond will suffice. Ice Beam is used for Dragons and other Pokes who fear it.

Relicanth w/Muscle Band Adamant 252 Atk/252 Def/6 HP Rock Head
-Head Smash
-Aqua Tail
-Double Edge
-Stealth Rock
This is used to bring the pain, since Relicanth can dish out suprisingly heavy blows. Rock Head prevents self damage and any regrets for my foul deeds of killing off other Pokes. Stealth rock is there for working with Spikes and an alternative if I predict a switch/set-up move.

Tangrowth w/ Leftovers Impish 200 Def/252 Atk/58 HP Chlrophyll
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Knock Off
-Power Whip
This is my physical wall to counter Gyarados and other nusiances. I also Knock Off items, and the people I play against have an unfortunate tendency to switch out of fear and bewilderment, meaning I Knock Off about 2 items before they get the picture. Leech Seed is helpful as always, as is Power Whip to speed up the funeral procession.

Umbreon w/Leftovers Bold 230 Def/230 Sp. Def./30 HP
-Toxic
-Mean Look
-Wish
-Baton Pass
We've seen this before, but here's a recap: trap opponents and either kill with purple goo, BP to an appropriate agent, or support with Wish. Not much to say, but this set works well.

Ninetales w/White Herb Timid 252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
-Will-o-Wisp
-Nasty Plot
-Overheat
-Grudge
A delicious set :p I switch in whenever I predict a Fire-Type move, thus activating Flash Fire.Will-o-Wisp will take care of any Tyranitars/ high-attack Pokes with EQ. Assuming they switch, now is the time to use Nasty Plot. I then eternally scorch whatever comes out with Overheat, and White Herb will fix the stat reduction, allowing 2 Fired-up(no pun intended) Overheats to massacre the opposition. Grudge is there for those who come out after my assault with Overheat, and fast speed helps garuntee the drainage of an essential move (ie EQ or Dragon Claw).

Slaking w/ Choice Band Adamant 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
-Giga Impact
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
-Fire Punch
My physical attacker and my all-star predicter. If my opponent cannot outpredict Slaking, chances are they will DIE. It's a mind game, and I love to play it.

Well, to summarize my team: high risk and high return; the ultimate mind game. The odds are tough, but the payoff of such a team played well is huge.If I don't want to play with odds, I'll just switch to my other teams. However, this team is fun to use, and it works well for me. I'm here to get opinions, and I don't want to change team members. However, EV spreads, moves, and even ability changes are welcome. Hopefully this team will provide variety and challenges for BL and OU teams, and my team's main purpose will be realized: being a HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS. Thanks for any replies, and keep on playing! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)