My OU empoloan team

Hi all! It’s me Mr_br_kill, and today I'm showing of my team semi-stall team based around my favourite pokemon, Empoleon. It worked fine at first, but for some reason now I keep losing. I'd please like your help too stop that! WARNING: This team seems to
be cursed by lady luck, no joke. I was laddering today and I must of lost 5/8 battles too haz (sorry if I sound like I'm winning)

EDITS IN BOLD

Let's start now:

Roserade@ focus sash
Natural Cure
252 speed 128 hp 128 sp atk
Timid
Sleep Powder
Leaf Storm
Toxic Spikes
Hidden Power [ground]

My sleep lead/toxic spikes lead. Roserade's main purpose is to set up toxic spikes. I usaly put to sleep the other lead (not named aerodactyl), then proceed to set up spikes. For aerodactyl, i just leaf storm twice for the 2HKO,(if left unchecked, aerodactyl causes me loads of grief). I'm using this ev spread instead of the standard 252 sp atk 4 hp 252 spd because Roserade is surprisingly bulky, so I'm trying to use it, which does help me alot after my sash's been broken. Also, I try not to just kill of Roserade, for he is quite useful later in the match

Empoleon @ Petaya berry
Torrent
252 sp atk 23 def 235 spd (30 hp IV)
Modest
Agility
Substitute
Surf
Ice Beam

The star of the team. He is usually the last thing the opponents see, before getting destroyed in an endless cyclone of doom! Ok, that was an exaggeration, but still, Empoleon's beast. He come in, uses Agility, then subs till his pinch berry and torrent activities, then he usually sweeps the team clean unless they have a water resist. I can’t decide though witch move to use along with surf; grass knot or Ice beam. I’ve been using grass note over Ice beam because my party counters dragon and grass types better than bulky water types not named Swampert (water’s neutral), but a rarely see bulky waters not named Swampert other than bulky starmie, but I think I OHKO with surf after berry and torrent boost (have not done calculations though). What do you think? One amazing thing about Empoleon is that he can take almost any electric attack with full health.
Note: All the rest of the party can change, but other than move set, he must be on the team.

Gyarados @ life orb
Intimidate
252 atk 4 hp 252 spd
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Bounce
Earthquake

Gyarados is my physique sweeper. I picked adamant over jolly because I needed the power, and sometimes Jolteon’s doesn’t revenge kill right away, because he thinks I out speed. I’m also a bit reckless with gyarados. Some people think I’m going to switch so they use Hidden Power [ice] instead of thunderbolt, predicting the switch, and then take a waterfall too the face. He is my counter for grass types and, more by revenge kill though, for fighting types not named lucario. Bounce hits both those types hard, (plus it’s his strongest attack with STAB). Waterfall is just an awesome STAB water move. He also kills Blisseys if they decide to stay in.

Gengar @ choice scarf
Levitate
252 sp atk 4 hp 252 spd
Timid
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]

Gengar has replaced heatran as my residant revenge killer. He's main purpose is too revenge kill Salamence and Gyarados. He also takes out Heatran and T-tair with Focus Blast. Shadow Ball is STAB and kills physics and oposing ghosts. He is a spin blocker, for he can OHKO Tentacruel and Starmie with t-bolt.But, his main purpose is too draw out Blissey (one of empoleon's biggest counters) and then my cb T-tair does about 60% with pursuit (puts Blissey into Empoleon's KO range).

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Sand Stream
160 hp 252 atk 96 spd
Adamant
Stone edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Earthquake

Tyranitar is my Blissey traper, power house and make shift special wall. Stone Edge is a strong STAB and has enough power to 2HKO Skarmory, the primer OU physical wall. Crunch is a reliable STAB which I use if I expect a switch. It can hit Starmie hard. I love this set. Starmie's think that they can OHKO, then they fail, and then I OHKO them. Pursuit is mainly used with Gengar in too trap Blisseys. Quake is for couverge and too OHKO Heatran.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil
252 hp 4 def 252 spd
Jolly
Earthquake
Taut
Steath Rock
Roost

Gliscor is my main fighting counter, stall breaker and overall physcal wall. He pairs well with T-tair. He outruns 95% of all fighting types and can easly OHKO. I also use him too out run many steel types and kill them. He also is my secendary Tentacruel counter. The coolest part of Gliscor, is if you misclick or mispredict, he can survie most neutral special atacks. Steath Rock is for team suport and I comunly use it on a predicted switch. Roost for healing. Taut is too help break stall.

In conclusion, I really like this team, even though lady luck doesn’t (I swear, my skarmory’s suicidal), but its real fun to play. Please rate and comment!

P.S. don’t get rid of empoleon with your suggestions, because this team is built around using him as a devastating late game sweeper.

Since this team's goal, being centered around an Empoleon sweep, is to eliminate bulky waters, I think that you can take it a bit farther. I think that Gengar right now is a bit haphazardly thrown in; it would be a better option to replace it with Celebi. If you are desperate for a revenge killer, then I recommend giving it a Choice Scarf, since people often forget the Celebi has a base 100 speed stat.

I suggest a lure: Infernape. A Swords Dance Infernape can lure in Vaporeon and OHKO it with a SD Close Combat, and is really an excellent member of any team and a deadly threat to any team that is unprepared.

Infernape@Life Orb/Black Belt (etc.)*
Jolly - 252 Attack / 200 Speed / 56 Defense
+Blaze+
~Swords Dance
~Fire Punch
~Stone Edge
~Close Combat

You can use a Black Belt (or Charcoal, if you prefer the Fire move booster) if you don't want Life Orb recoil + SS damage from TTar since that WILL kill your ape fast with SR factored in.

Standard mixape runs 192 Speed to outspeed +speed base..100s or 105s, I can't remember.. But since Infernape is the only Pokemon with base 108 Speed, it doesn't need to max out its speed; instead, use 200 to outspeed standard mixapes and pump Defense to survive Scizor's resisted Bullet Punches a bit better. Because he WILL try to revenge you. Because honestly, trying to outspeed max speed apes (which are rare) isn't worth it.

Your call.

Hi Mr_br_kill,

This team makes great use of Toxic Spikes with Empoleon as your primary sweeper, but it has gaps that can cause it to lose utterly. With a few changes I'm sure this team can reach its full potential.

I want to start off by mentioning how strong Electric-Types like Jolteon and Zapdos can dent your entire team. Another threat is Subgar setting up on Gliscor, its favorite pokemon. Working backwards, we can fix the Subgar weakness by completely taking out Gliscor for its ground counterpart, Swampert. The set should look like this Swampert@ Leftovers | Relaxed Nature | 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD | Stealth Rock / Roar / Earthquake / Ice Beam. This change won't be setup fodder for Subgar, since you can roar it away or Ice Beam it. It also give you a much more reliable check to DD Tyranitar and Agility Metagross, while adding a DD Salamence check.

Now that you check DD Salamence, you can free up Scarfgar and give him a Subsplit set. For Gengar, use the following set: Gengar@ Life Orb | Timid Nature | 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | Substitute / Pain Split / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast. Not only will this set abuse Toxic Spikes, but it will also perform as a strong sweeper of frail teams. With these changes the only problem now is DD Gyarados, especially with Taunt.

Atm your most expendable team member is DD Gyarados b/c it provides that second Electric-Type weakness. My suggestion is to replace him for a Defensive Zapdos, which checks most DD Gyarados if close to full health and keeps a SD Scizor, SD Lucario, and Agility Metagross check. The set is Zapdos@ Leftovers | Bold Nature | 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe | Thunderbolt / Roost / Toxic / Hidden Power Ice. I mention Toxic here just in case you don't get those Toxic Spikes down and need to have a last resort for Blissey and other difficult pokemon.

Now for a nitpick, use the following EV spread on Roserade: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe. You don't need the HP investment imo b/c its Focus Sash's job to keep you alive for that strong hit. The HP EVs are also not doing much for you atm.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)