My Very First RMT

Hey guys, I'm looking for advice on my team. I used Marriland to try and get every type covered and I used the Smogon thing to choose my Pokemon and I started with Dragonite.

Swampert @ Leftovers
HP 252, Atk 4, Def 252
Relaxed
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Protect
-Stealth Rock
This is my lead. If I don't know the abilities of their lead I will use Protect, if I know I will survive I pull out Stealth Rock. I use Earthquake for the STAB bonus as it is effective against most and deadly against others. Ice Beam is generally for Flyers and Dragons.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Atk 112, Spe 200, SpA 196
Rash
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Roost
-Superpower
Dragonite was originally the base for my team but I don't find me using him much at the moment but when I get the chance I find him to be very effective. Draco Meteor is good in a lot of situations and is often a OHKO. Flamethrower is also good for a OHKO when they are stupid enough to bring out something weak to fire. Superpower is pretty much the same but of course it is fighting. Roost is good for a heal.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
HP 160, Atk 252, Spe 96
Adamant
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Superpower
This is very nice against fire types with Earthquake but I think the main place it shines is Choice Crunch against Gengar which is a OHKO with the right set up, such as a revenge kill but there are more situations. I haven't really had much of a chance to use Pursuit. Same with Superpower but I can see where that would be helpful.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
HP 252, Spe 176, SpA 80
Timid
-Calm Mind
-Flash Cannon
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
I like Jirachi due to his wide variety of defenses. The first thing I do when I switch him out is Substitute to observe what they will do about a Jirachi. If they don't break Substitute straight away I Calm Mind and then I use STAB Flash Cannon which can be a lot of damage. I also use him for his Thunderbolt which comes in handy a bit more than I expected when I made him.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Atk 252, Def 4, Spe 252
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
I find myself using Gyarados primarily for his STAB Earthquake and Waterfall which work very nicely. Dragon Dance helps further for those OHKOs. I think I might be neglecting Stone Edge too much, though.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Calm
HP 24, Def 252, Spe 232
-Protect
-Wish
-Toxic
-Seismic Toss
I prefer to avoid this and I don't know if that's the right thing to do. I mainly just use it for stalling and not a lot else, I couldn't think of anything better for this slot. I don't find it holds me back though. After posting this I actually won a fight by using wish then protect then toxic then protect then protect. I think I get it now.

I hope you can give me some good advice for my team. Anything is appreciated and will be considered. Thanks.

You're missing EVs on a couple pokemon (Gyarados, Blissey). I really really really don't like Dragonite in a mixed role when a standard MixMence has the speed advantage on him and can still blow up the same walls you want your Dragonite to hit. I would recommend switching to the classic MixMence (see the Smogon Salamence analysis: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence ).

I don't really see what Blissey does for you. You are mostly an offensive team and you don't want to let the other team to try and set up double switches to your Blissey so they can set something up like a Lucario or let their own MixMence wreck havoc. Tyranitar actually does a pretty good job of trapping the most common special threats that Blissey covers, so I would try to stick with an offensive flow and abuse Tyranitar to try and take out Latias/Rotom/Gengar/etc. that would otherwise be Blissey's job to wall out. It takes some time to get used to it, but Blissey is just setup bait for an opponent when you don't have a strong supporting cast for her to excel anyway. You have some pseudo counters to common threats like Heatran (Gyarados), Lucario (Jirachi can outspeed and sub in his face to let him drop his defenses to finish him off, Gyarados can intimidate), but you could just simply try some kind of choice scarfer in this spot instead. Im worried that Gyarados is too much of a patchwork counter to other top threats like Gyarados himself, Lucario, Heatran, etc., while he can't swap into Stealth Rock multiple times, and is really a one and done type sweeper. I would think maybe a ScarfFlygon could work well? He also is a "check" to Heatran, Thunderpunch can cover Gyarados, Lucario is still a problem with Swords Dance extreme speed, but Jirachi/Gyarados will have to be the main checks to him still. UTurn/ThunderPunch/Outrage/Earthquake would seem ideal. UTurn can help you set up some of your setup pokemon in favorable positions. MixMence can find the right matchup to get a free shot, Jirachi might be able to setup a Sub/CM, maybe something TTar can trap, etc. I'll be perfectly honest, I'm not a huge fan of Scarf "revenge" pokemon and Flygon in general, but it seems like something that patches together several resistances and can help you cover your ass to a couple pokemon that Gyarados has too much responsibility for at the moment. I would try him and see how it works.

Thanks man, your suggestions sound good and I'll definitely try them out. I didn't realise about those EVs >.< I'll edit them in, but I don't think they're gonna make much difference for the readers and with your idea to change Blissey out that one will probably be redundant anyway. Anyway, thanks, I'm glad someone replied.

Speed EV's on Blissey? Blissey does not need speed at all (unless those are Special Defense EV's, in which case you may want to change the abbreviation to something like SDef).

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well im real tired so just a quick point, Latias can take special attacks very well and does better in your offensive team rather than Blissey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)