Role Playing Mythender: Kick Ass, Erase Names.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor

Approved by UncleSam and LightWolf

Hey there, friend. I know of souls like you. Souls who have so much raw power within them, they don't know what to do. Folks who are close to gods, but still not quite there. People who are so far removed from mortality that those puny creatures see no difference between you and a deity.

I know what you are. You're a Mythender. And your job is to kill the gods, and possibly become one. Now go erase a god from existence, won't you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the game of Mythender! In this game, you play as a fateful creature, a Mythender, who is fated to fight and destroy gods. This game is largely RP-based. And by 'roleplaying', I mean you have the capacity to bring worlds down around you, seeking to utterly wreck the Myth you're trying to unravel form reality itself. This means you can pick up a tree, and toss it as easily as a javelin. Draw upon your power, and you can cause a forest to come to life and hurl itself at your enemy. And give in to a bit of corruption, making yourself closer to that which you seek to destroy? Well shit, you can spit on the ground and cause vines to grow like a many-headed hydra, sprouting heads, thorns, and death everywhere for miles around.

Its quite exhilarating.

I'm basically getting a feel for the community atm, and hoping to run a game or two a month. I'll work with you to make your characters in private, and when it comes time to kill a Myth, the group would band together and utterly slaughter the hell out of it. I'd do a group tutorial for the first session, and give private tutorials later on.

I'm planning for these sessions to take a certain flow, and they shouldn't last more than one or two hours total.
  1. Fight a Lesser Myth, a servitor of the true god that you hope to defeat.
  2. Take a Moment to rest and recuperate. In this, you can calm your Mythic Heart, turning it away from corrupting power, terrify mortals to make your might (and destiny) grow ever more mighty, and a few other things.
  3. KILL A GOD HELL YEAH
For the first session, you'll be fighting Thor, and you'll have to go through his army of Einherjar. It's a fairly straightforward romp...if you're willing to take the plunge.

When thinking about your character, there are 3 main things to consider about him. What he comes from (his history or background), what his fate as a deity will be (his general powers), and what he fights with (a prized possession, a power that is a part of him, or what he commands).

You can find the full rules of the game here, but you don't have to go through them with a fine-tooth comb. I'll explain the rules as we go through the tutorial.

Express interest here, and I'll set up an irc channel for the game soon if enough folks get on board!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'd be interested but between finals and RWBY mafia and the big I'm working on with Sam I probably wouldn't be able to actively participate until like mid-June.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
using the irc chan #godisdead for the games, though I anticipate that most of the character-building will mostly be done through PMs, on here, irc and PS!.

here's a link for those of you not proficient in irc wizardry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)